It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharon Stone:China earthquake is karma

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
wtf, she needs to smoke 2 joints and get at me in the mornin, what a nutjob...

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Sharon Stone,i feel shame on you! do you know how many people were die in this earthquake?do you know how many children lost their parents? do you know how many people lost their home? do you know how long the people will live in tabernacle before the goverment build the house for them?how can you say"it is interesting!"karma!"

Regarding TIBET and your friend Mr liar,I wish you to alive as long as possible, so that you can see the truth of Tibet, and you can find what's the real face of your "good friend"!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Shame on her! many american movies tell there is going to be an alien war, human beings will be extinguished, and is that a KARMA? who can say you never done anything bad in your life (except God), and so all of us deserve some kind of KARMA (including her)?

she says she is a good friend of Dalailama, so she thinks Dalailama is more important than thousands of innocent lives? Unbelievable!

tibet is a historical question. most americans don't know much about chinese history, it has been a part of China for hundreds of years. And let the politics pass, the Chinese government is doing as much as possible in saving and helping the earthquake victims. and we Chinese are doing our best to help them restart their normal lives. we have enough confidence to overcome this disaster!

most chinese are friendly to american people, including Sharon Stone herself. when she came to China for some movie festivals, we were very nice to her. How could she be so cruel in saying this word KARMA?! It is an insult to those innocent people!

by a Chinese girl from Chengdu Sichuan (very near to the earthquake center)

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
It's really interesting cause half of the people in Sichuan are Tibetan. So that is really a Karma?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
well i guess Sharon Stone read my thread after all: God is Punishing China

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I live in Chengdu, the capital city of Sichuan. I was lucky because my city is a mere 92km from the quake center, and was miraculously spared from the disaster.
I'd like to say that we really appreciate what the other countries, including America, have done to aide us in the rescue efforts.I thank you for all the efforts and compassion you give to us.
As for the remarks of Sharon, I think it's normal that people having different opinions toward a single event, no matter how odd or offensive it seems. We are only human, and we do differ.
Some facts must be clarified. In fact, nearly half of Sichuan's population is Tibetan, and the quake center Aba is a region composed mainly of Tibetan and Qiang people. I just wish that Sharon could have learnt more facts before she blurred out those words, for they are really more cruel to the Tibetans.
Whether you like or dislike China, I'd like to say that Chinese people are just like any people in the world. We are as weak as anyone in the face of a natural disaster, and as strong as anyone in the belief of a better tomorrow.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I am Chinese but I am not cross at what she said. I am just wondering why she said this? it seems to me that she lost her mind and controled by something.
there are always people gloating over others' disaster, but she does not have to say it , in public. does she aim at catching attention from Chinese? of course saying' i am very sorry for victims in the earthquake and i hope i could help' will not catch eyeball.

take it easy. I don't mind what she said. I only feel sorry for her fans.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by zarzar

She didn't say "the earthquake is karma". She did say "is that karma". Eitherway, it hurts. I viewed the video and read your script, and I can feel her coldness in her word. When she is talking about "people who aren't nice to you" or people who "are not nice ", did she realize that many people who died in the earthquake were very poor peasants including many Tibetan Chinese? How could those people be NOT nice to Dalai Lama?

Different countries are in different stages of development, which is how history evolves. In US, the most advanced country in the world, black people couldn't go to same schools with whites as late as early 1960s'. We Chinese people have less freedom of speech, is that the reason we deserve more humiliation from you people with full freedom of speech? From Stone, I can see that very few Americans are really concerned about human rights of Chinese or Tibetans. Charity is only part of their publicity show. At least, it applies to Stone.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I guess the celebrity life has it's downfalls too. Being bored and saying something interesting should not mix with the media. Thinking before using your tongue is highly recommended. She is probably thinking now, OMG I should have smoked some green that morning.

A more appropriate choice of words should be:

We might wanna think twice about how we treat each-other, because you never know what tomorrow can bring.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by midiola]

[edit on 26-5-2008 by midiola]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

The information that nearly half of population in Sichuan province are Tibetans is not right. Actually, in 2000, only 1.6% were Tibetans. The ratio can't be more than 2% now even considering that the growth rate of Tibetan population is higher than the average level. But in Aba prefacture, where the epicentre is, more than half of the population are Tibetans.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by qiulin]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join