It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharon Stone:China earthquake is karma

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zhangxi0183

Let's get one thing straight China does censor media, China does not have a perfect government. The US media while technically 'free' puts its own political spins on everything---including Tibet.

No other group of people in history (Native Americans) have been systematically eradicated and relocated (reservations) in a shorter amount of time.

I'm very proud to be American and support my country (conservative), but
Sharon Stone really embarrasses us all when she made these comments. I wonder if she saw the images and realizes how many children were killed and suffered from this earthquake? Then to blame it on karma??

If this is her religion and her beliefs in karma then get me as far away from it as possible. The simple fact is that it is very CHIC in Hollywood to be close to the Dali Lama and to be on a "PATH OF ENLIGHTENMENT', meanwhile they have no clue as to what that really means or the process to reach that special place. Another rich, Hollywood star who had lunch with the Dali Lama, does Yoga, bought some Tibetan antiques and read a couple of books on Buddhism.

Disgusting! Hey Sharon mind your own business---you are not anymore holly than the rest of us. Fate has given you a position of public exposure (no pun intended)--use it for something good and you should get down on your knees and apologize to China---You know what they say about Karma...

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mlmijyd
Well actually 'YES' in direct reply to your question. Didn't you understand my post? I'll assume that you are not a Buddhist as a Buddhist would understand my statement albeit may be not as articulate as I'd have liked?

That's the whole point of their term Karma, it’s probably from many successive lifetimes and this is just another on their way to 'enlightenment'. A Buddhist isn't 'attached' to their earthly bodies as you and I are (although they want as much time to be useful and progress). I think you need to search this topic and look at some Buddhist books to understand the concept more?

I know from which angle you are looking at this whole karma case. The problem is that people who are saying the things like you and many others "believe" that the "suffering of Tibetans" is "THE cause of this earthquake." But this is exactly where the reasoning and the judgment of you guys is very skewed and to my humble opinion very wrong, which is very one-sided and biased.

With the same way of reasoning, strictly speaking, this is like saying that the victims are now dead because all these victims did not stand up against the Iraq invasion by the USA in 2003 and therefore the Earthquake is a direct karma for them.

Besides the fact that the so-called suffering of the Tibetans is mostly fabricated by the anti-China Western MSM propaganda machines, one have to have an all-mighty knowledge of all single current AND historic events in the world and of each victim's personal situation before anyone can judge and point out what the exact cause is for their dying. It could as well be a cause happened lifes before this one, when the victims might have been Japanese soldiers participated in the Rape of Nanjing or each single taken life is actually a benevolent boddhivista by self-sacrificing their current life to raise up the self-conscienious of the world's mind.

Bottom line is that human beings are not in the position to make any judgment to point out what the actual cause is, because one single person's version of truthness is pretty much always limited and restricted. The Tibet issue might be THE CAUSE in the version of truthness of many biased and prejudiced minds, but these minds might need to dig deep and make more realistic and neutral research before yelling out this claim of their version of the truth. After all we are talking about karma, and by spreading hatred against a whole population of a conscience nation, then they are maybe storing up bad karma to be felt in the future of their personal life, either this one or future ones.

P.s. Re-read my posts before you make a judgment if I am a buddhist or not, or what I supposedly according to your version of reality know or not know. Also I made a post addressing the collective karma issue, read it answer it, before we go on, ok?

[edit on 28/5/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

No other group of people in history (Native Americans) have been systematically eradicated and relocated (reservations) in a shorter amount of time.

For all you people that keep bringing this up. It happened in a different century. Mostly two centuries ago. The U.S. has apologized to the American Indians and made many reparations. They receive special status to this day.. Some just refuse government help and or are victims of their own tribes oppression.
Using the excuse that my neighbor and or everyone else is doing it. So it is OK for me to do it too. Is childish! So stop it.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Howie47

For all you people that keep bringing this up. It happened in a different century. Mostly two centuries ago. The U.S. has apologized to the American Indians and made many reparations. They receive special status to this day.. Some just refuse government help and or are victims of their own tribes oppression.
Using the excuse that my neighbor and or everyone else is doing it. So it is OK for me to do it too. Is childish! So stop it.

Nobody is saying that because the American Indians were exterminated it is ok for anyone else to repeat it. However, if you are believing your karma reasoning, than even this point can be taken as a potential cause for the current suffering of certain people, maybe even the victims of the Sichuan Earthquake. Karma can go back endless till the beginning and go on an infinite of time.

Besides, now this point is raised. have you ever wondered why there are still 56 different ethnicities in China? If the "communists" are as evil as many is led to believe, why none of the 55 other minorities are exterminated? We are talking about MILLIONS of minorities, and some of the population of these minorities are as big as some smaller countries. Don't compare it with the Han Chinese numbers, after all we all know that Hans are famous for loving making babies, only the Indians can match with Hans' obsession for this.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
some reports say she apologised yesterday,anybody can verify the source?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Dior issues Sharon Stone apology for 'karma' remark over China's earthquake
By HENRY SANDERSON,Associated Press Writer AP - 51 minutes agoBEIJING

- French fashion house Christian Dior said Thursday it has dropped Sharon Stone from its Chinese advertisements and released a statement from the actress apologizing for saying the earthquake that struck China may have been the result of bad "karma" over its treatment of Tibet.

Dior issues Sharon Stone apology for 'karma' remark over China's earthquake

The 50-year-old actress said she was "deeply sorry" for causing anguish and anger among Chinese people with her remarks in an interview last week. Stone models for Christian Dior SA, and the company's Shanghai office issued the statement.

The public relations manager for Dior in Shanghai who gave only her surname, Guo, said Stone would no longer appear in the company's advertisements in China.

"Due to my inappropriate words and acts during the interview, I feel deeply sorry and sad about hurting Chinese people," Stone said in the statement. "I am willing to take part in the relief work of China's earthquake, and wholly devote myself to helping affected Chinese people."
Stone said she had worked in international charities for the past 20 years and wants to help Chinese people. During her visit to China last year for the Shanghai Movie Festival she said she felt "deeply the Chinese people's wisdom and hospitality."

Chinese media have erupted in indignation over foreign criticism of the country ahead of the Beijing Olympics in August. During the international leg of the Olympic torch relay many Chinese reacted strongly to protests over China's rule of Tibet.

Stone's original comments were made last week during a Cannes Film Festival red-carpet interview.

"I'm not happy about the way the Chinese are treating the Tibetans because I don't think anyone should be unkind to anyone else," Stone said. "And then this earthquake and all this stuff happened, and then I thought, is that karma? When you're not nice that the bad things happen to you?"

During the brief interview, Stone also said she cried when she received a letter from the Tibetan Foundation asking her to help the quake victims.

"They wanted to go and be helpful, and that made me cry. It was a big lesson to me that sometimes you have to learn to put your head down and be of service even to people who aren't nice to you," she said.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Still a bad taste, especially when this is issued by her sponsor instead by herself through her agent.

This is like that Christian Dior is the one forcing her to issue this 'apology' statement, something like OR else "Dior might discontinue the endorsement contract with Stone".

*Sigh* money *sigh*

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Personally I think she has realized what she said was inappropriate and provoking, so it's not necessary to chide her more.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
(don't like those multiple threads)

if the apology was done by herself or through her agent, then I would see it differently, but this is more Christian Dior's PR to do damage control pressing her to apology, so they can keep on selling to the Chinese market.

if you don't feel like apologizing, just don't do it

if you do feel like apologizing, do it with sincerity

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
KARMA........That isnt a new directed energy weapon that India has come out with is it? Kind of a better version of HAARP if you will.

Sorry about my trolling drive byes... its the last one til maybe this weekend

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
So, if Mz. Stone is correct about this, "Bad Karma" idea with the Chinese Earthquake...It would draw a very sticky point of view to the Katrina Catastrophy in America - with Bush attacking and Occupying Iraq.

Mz. Stone needs to re°think about where she lives, maybe even - God forbid - make the same Bizarro statements about EVERY Natural Catastrophy on an even basis, not just China enforcing it's sovereign rule of law on Anarchists in the Streets.

You see, Mz. Stone, there are people disappearing all over the World and China is not behind it. They are being labeled Terror Suspects and locked away with no care.

The Anarchy on the streets of Tibet would have been dealt with just as harshly if it were to take place in anytown, USA.
-Food for Thought - XPat

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by flashstorminc

How about "911", a karma for US?

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
doesn't make sense at all, and if dior doesn't take her away as image-lady, i won't buy dior products anymore!!!!!!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I agree with everyone that she was just displaying what she thought, whatever i dont care its her opinion, but when you apologize for it right after youre dropped from a luxury cosmetics line honestly everyone knows the only reason for her doing so is because she is no longer getting income from that. Say its Karma for you like if you like bash on the Chinese government if you like, but i personally karma? seriously, what about those tornadoes that went through those states, and that huge tornado in colorado, and hurricane katrina, what about myanmar, and Sri Lanka. All this crap that goes around who has the answers to? Bird flu its going around killing tons of people and do you have any proof that they are bad? When unfortunate things happen to millions of people atleast try to help dont be judgemental and say its because of karma. The McCanns (spelling) their daughter is missing what could the child have done that something like that has happened to her or her family. If you ever had anything unfortunate or something bad like that happen to you think about what you did to deserve it for "karma" to come back on you before you go around posting forums about karma and what comes around goes around.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by IchiNiSan

Yet again you are completely ignoring my reply and seeing something that isn’t there in my reply words. This is the problem with trying to understand Karma from a non-Buddhist perspective (meaning not to be a Buddhist just understand their terms), you really have to read/listen then think about what you have read/heard and then re-read/listen then think and once you grasp it then what I said/read then it will make sense? Until then your going to keep getting it wrong e.g. Collective Karma? What are you talking about I never mentioned this term. Nor did I say this is what I believe, I merely stated what a Buddhist (this is a faith term not a country specific notion). If you really want to understand then I suggest you look through any or all of the books I suggested. If nothing else they can help with your obvious pain and see things within you more clearly and this will allow you to debate without 'wrong action'?

And as for apportioning blame, this isn't the Buddhist way either as it doesn't change anything, its about your actions/words NOW and this will affect your NEXT actions/words.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Sharon Stone is a stupid bimbo!!

WHat is it with these celebrities thinking that since they are famous they must also be the worlds authority on worldy matters?? I can't stand angelina jolie and her quest to be a martyr or the next wannabe St. Teresa nor all these other self important types. I wonder if the general public knows that these people don't do these things for their own conscious but for the sake of their publicity.

Sharon Stone if the rural folk of china deserved that earth quake than whats our excuse for the katrina debacle? Was god punishing the US with bad karma with 9/11 katrina/ the gulf war etc??? What about the south pacific? I'm sure all of those people (aka fishermen and village folk)deserved divine retribution in the means of a god sent tsunami?

Yeah Right.

You suck Sharon Stone mrs. the only thing I've ever done that was note worthy was show my cha cha in a movie back in the 80's for about half a second. yeah real accomplished just the person society needs passing moral judgement on people she's never even met. And no being a bitch to some local working at some tropical resort that brings you your next mai tai in south east asia doesn't count as having met these people enough to judge them. what a dumb *@$#!!!!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Also, Sharon Stone has a problem with the Schezwan province? Hope she knows that 40% of all the flowers growing in her yard were from that same province. I guess chinas evil for introducing those to the west.

Sharon Stone should also burn down her gardens cause the plants origins were from china.

It's true. 40% of all the flowers used in most western gardens especially english type gardens are all from one platue valley in the schezwan province of gasp....china. A english botanist on tour of china was looking for plants that would grow well and be pretty at the same time in englands less than satisfactory for growing weather.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join