It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharon Stone:China earthquake is karma

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I stopped listening to what Sharron Stone says without the help of a script when she miserably announced she had cancer and it was caused by coffee. Seems she didn't have cancer after all. And no studies backed up her whimsical claim in the first place. But I still watch her movies. She delivers other people's words really well.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by IchiNiSan

wow, you are my idol.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
personal cult is forbidden here

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by haidian

heheh, I'm no celebrity and my worship won't be magnified.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Hi.

After her appearance in Basic Instinct,i would say she is more than qualified to comment on the phenomena of huge cracks appearing suddenly!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Ok, I am a Chinese. And i have something to say here. First of all , I must admit i am not very happy to hear Saron Stone's comment on Earthquake. No matter what earthquake of 8.0 is absolutely a tragedy and kill 60000+ people so far. People cannot considered it as Karma! The only accuracy word you can describe earthquake is tragedy, nothing else.
Tibet incident is something about politics. we all know different kinds of people have different view of politics. And there is absolutely free for a person to chose which view he/she would take. So for Saron Stone, she had some serious critical view to our government policy to Tibet, it's her freedom; but she took use of Earthquake and victims, a big tragedy and dead people, to support her opinion, It's inlogical and shame.
We know not all of people around the world agree with foreign policy of US government . But if somebody who say that 911 victims is karma of US foreign policy, and how do you feel? Saron Stone just did the same thing, not to US government, but to Chinese people.
No matter what kind of political view people take, as a kind man, they could support us to save people's life from earthquake and rebuild damaged buildings.We chinese people have decided to do that together, try our best, and considerd no price, and most important, against nomatter who block us to do that.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

“How can any of you prove that this is not Karma? How do any of you know that the Chinese actions did not cause an energy shift on earth,”, so you have some evidences can prove that this is a Karma? and you have evidence to prove that the Chinese actions did cause an energy shift on earth?

pls give some comments base on truth & Fair position!

all the hates to Sharon did cause she Hurt Chinese people without knowing any truth! if you all including Sharon can give any evidences to prove that this is a Karma, i am willing to accept any bad comments from you all!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Why did she said China government is not kind to Tibet?
Tibeten killed 3 shop assitants who are Chinese and did not relevent to politics... and hurt more than 300 poliveman in that conflics...
Also, 60000 people died in the earthquake including children, she seemed never "concern" about it !

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I think she´s absolutely right and i think the same! I love China but whats happened with these people! What you do comes back at three times! And so there are many thinks one on hand the control of news by goverment! Isn´t it some kind of bull#! China is one of the unnormal country in the world!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by IchiNiSan

IchiNisan, Thank you for sharing the interesting article. I didn't expect Pan's proposal has become so influential. He published his proposal in 1999 in a Chinese journal "strategy and management" since when more and more discussion has been done on that. Actually his proposal is more discussed in American academia than Chinese academia. Pan got his PhD from Berkeley in 1996. Berkeley has the largest left-wing camp in the west, but the same exact left-wing ideas are counted as part of right-wing in China. It's interesting to see Prof. Pan adjust his political position in the totally different political spectrum.

Pan's proposal, although his 1999 paper was only a policy proposal rather than an academic paper, is based on a lot of investigation and academic research. His proposal reflects the thoughts of many contemporary Chinese intellectuals. Most intellectuals began to switch their position from a full-heart hug of western democracy to some not-really-exsiting new model of polity just after 1989. The reason is simple, they don't know what to do next after democratization. They don't know if China can still keep in a whole piece or not. They don't know if serious infighting or wars will happen.

Although I understand why Pan raises such a proposal, actually I'm not a fan for it. Prof. Wang Hui in Tsinghua has quite some researvations on Pan's proposal as well. There are actually more alternative gradualism models we may think of. One thing I totally disagree with is Pan's refusal of election. Village-level elections have been put into practice for a long time. Shenzhen is experimenting public election of mayors. I guess such experience is helpful.

I don't agree with your point, no offence, that liberal democracy will not work because you never know if it's not given a chance. I'm definitely not suggesting we should change the polity in one night. But who knows how China will be like in 2030, when Prof. Justin Lin, the Chief Economist of the World Bank, claims China will become an economy 2.5 times of US. The concept of liberal democracy in China is definitely different from that in UK. It just represents some normal political practices in the west. It's unnecessary to exclude such choices so soon.

I enjoy reading your posts because although we may have some difference in some ideas or ideals, I can totally understand your points. If one doesn't understand how an average Chinese thinks, they can never be really helpful to improve human rights in China. China will definitely have a unique model, but such a model still needs very careful exploration and experimenting.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by zhangxi0183

Hope there will be karma that she donates all her money to those who are suffering from the disaster.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join