It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Predator UAV's monitor U.S. Cities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I work for a tow truck company that services all of Las Vegas. I got a call to go and get a guy who had broken down between Vegas and Creech AFB in Indian Springs NV. When I got to the guy I loaded his vehicle and we started back toward Vegas. I started making conversation with him and asked him why he was out in the middle of the desert and he told me that he was on his way to work at Creech. Turns out that the guy is a trainer for the Predator UAV program out there. He told me how they fly actual combat missions in Iraq/Afganistan from here in Nevada at Creech. He told me how the missions were mostly surveilance but how the Predators carried hellfire missiles and they were authorized to engage insurgents if they meet the rules of engagement. Cool stuff. But then he told me how they were training local law enforcement and other Government agencies to use the UAV to surveil domestically. DOMESTICALLY!! He told me that the planes have a very elaborate optics system and it allows the plane to operate at such a distance that it will probably never even be seen or heard. Not that I'm doing anything wrong, nor do I plan to.... but isn't this a bit too invasive?

new topics

join