It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barry Obama...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I heard a Clip where Barrack Obama said that when he was younger, he was called Barry, but when he got old, he wanted to acknowledge this other side of his heritage, so he was called Barrack

Its in the first 40 Secs of this clip

But i would love to have the whole quote in context, with some video...

What does he want to acknoledge from his 'other' side of his ancestory...

I heard this clip, and it kind of rubbed me the wroung way, and i havent seen it before, so there...

Barry Obama... Barry Huessin Obama... Barrack Obama... Barrack Huessin Obama....

Also, heres a decent video i found of Obama, that looks into several aspects of his life.
Part1 and Part 2

[edit on 5/25/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Barry Obama... Barry Huessin Obama... Barrack Obama... Barrack Huessin Obama....

Great thread!

So the poor guy went from Barry Obama to Barrack Hussein Obama? heck, why don't we just change his name again to Barrack Muhammed Hussein Obama?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
[ heck, why don't we just change his name again to Barrack Muhammed Hussein Obama?

Let it be noted, that WE did not change his name, i did not make it Barrack, or say that he should be called Barry...

HE said HE WAS called BARRY...

HE changed his name, to reflect his 'other' heritage...

Just strange, worth pointing out, worth serieous disscusion, not a time to add Muhhamad to his name, i gueniely did not know that he was reffred to as Barry... thats something i would like to know...

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
From memory, his friends at school / university and maybe family too called him Barry.

In my opinion, it's just a 'nickname' but when he decided to run for the White House he made it clear that his christian name is Barak.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cara
In my opinion when he decided to run for the White House he made it clear that his christian name is Barak.

Barrack is a Christain Name???

David, Joesph, and Barrack...

I thought, phoneticaly, that Barack would have been an Arab name...

Wouldn't that be the 'other' part of his heriditary...

Is Barak A Christian Name...???

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I meant first name, also known as one's christian name.

A given name, first name, Christian name, or forename is a personal name that specifies and differentiates between members of a group of individuals, especially in a family, all of whose members usually share the same family name (surname).

en.wikipedia.org...

My post had nothing to do with religion.

Sorry for any confusion.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Cara

ok...

i see you are using Christian as synonoumous with first...

Ive never seen a fourm that had Christian Name, but rather First Name...

heres something from your link, about changing your first name...

To mark a religious rite of passage (in Christianity, for example, this may include baptism, confirmation, ordination, or taking religious vows as a monk or nun).
Family reasons, such as being raised by a step-parent rather than a biological one (most common with children who have no contact with the biological father).

Although Barrack was rasied by his White Mother, and Grandmother, after his Black Father left her, his name changing to reflect his part of the family that wasn't there for him is strange at the least.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Actually, more strange than that is the fact that his surname does reflect that part of his heritage, as does his middle name, so going for Barack on the first name, to me seems more like a rejection of any illusion of his maternal heritage. His explanation is just down right bizarre when you look at that way.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
TKainZero.....the videos are great!

In the last 3 months, I feel like people are talking about a choice for the TV show, an "American Idol," rather than the President of the United States.

I realize that many hundreds and thousands of people are frustrated with the Bush Administration. However, I feel it is not realistic to choose someone who is the complete opposite and, in my opinion, a person who doesn't know what he actually stands for either!

Yet, so many individuals are willing to place a man so inexperienced and unpatriotic. He only started wearing the flag pin after NC because he didn't want to let it mess up his chances to be chosen for the Democratic party, so it's just a strategic move rather than his own belief that America truly is his country. It may seem trivial, but sometimes it is the more subtle things that shows someone the deeper part of a person.

Senator Obama won't even show the public that he smokes cigarettes. I smoke so that isn't a problem for me, but it is a problem for many individuals, another strategic move.

If I put all the various things that I have learned about Obama together, I wouldn't even want him as a friend, let alone the President of the United States. The fact is, is that our President has to be tough when the occasion calls for it. The President has to be clear on who are the allies and enemies of America. Many Countries have tried for decades to bring the American people down to our knees. I can't imagine Senator Obama being able to fight for America, but I see him just throwing us to the wolves as long as there are people somewhere in the world who will continue to tell him how great and wonderful he is!!!

If Obama becomes President, there will be someone else telling him what to do, and it won't be his administrative staff. Obama has chosen who he has been associating with all these years and, in my opinion, these friendships and associations will continue. Hopefully, we can all see him as a false person before its too late, before we hand him veto power over Congress, and my thoughts are for every American regardless of race or ethnicity because I believe he isn't going to do anything for anybody unless it benefits himself, his friendships, and his associations.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

The kids at school probably made fun of the name 'Barack' so he chose to go by Barry instead. School children are mean and will make fun of anyone who is different.

He had the choice of going by Barack and being a pariah, or using Barry and assimilating.

What choice would you make?

new topics

top topics

join