It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inflation crisis in Australia-there has to be a explanation!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I am posting this topic because of Inflation in australia-over the last couple of years we have had interest rate rises of i believe 0.5 to 0.1% in total i think it is at about 5 or 6 % but we have had several rises. We had a new Prime minister aka President come into power under the Labor Party, he Promessed to fight inflation and petrol prices but was un successful, but recently he has offered to remove GST from petrol prices, We have TAX and GST and its ridiculous! There has to be a reason behind this! can anyone look into this and give some information? is this because of the global war on OIL and the NWO bank plan?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I think Mr Rudd will combat this in due time. Give him some time since his still new to the seat. I still like him way more than our previous PM

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Righty, let's break this down -

* 'Prime Minister' is good enough when referring to our guy. I don't think we have to overly adapt for our US brethren, they're smart enough to get it (they're certainly smarter than their own President!)

* I think the actual inflation figure is around 4.5%, but 5% sounds about right

John Howard, our former PM, had almost 12 years to control inflation, and now it is at a 16 year high. Further, the Rudd government has only been in for 6 months, and meanwhile, oil prices have rocketed up from $90 a barrel since he was elected to the highs we see it at now.

The proposed removal of the fuel excise by the Liberals (who is led by Brendan Nelson, but by the time I finish this post, who knows) is more or less to grab some positive public opinion. It'd lower petrol prices by 5¢ - which would nullified within a week.

GST is another issue. GST was introduced by the Howard government. The idea behind it, among other things, was that the states would get a more equal share of tax collected - catch is, the fuel excise remained and GST added further cost.

The Liberals are now saying 'inflation... What inflation?' and just blaming Labor for 'talking it up' when the reality is that the global economy is on tenterhooks.

What I find weird is that the banks are primarily left to 'fight' inflation by pushing up interest rates - which is damaging to any government, because it ticks people off.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

Inflation is on the rise everywhere atm, including America according to some analysts.

I concur with most of the posts here, and I find myself actually admiring what Rudd is doing, and how he is doing it. If he keeps this up, he will become the most popular prime minister ever.

Don't get me wrong, there is plenty of Labour party policy that I don't like.

I watched him handle this exact question posed from Tony Jones on ABC Lateline recently, and it sort of became obvious to the audience that he was basically saying the govt has no control over what central banks/reserve banks do - as well as no control on fuel and food price hikes.

While I am here, I might as well drop a 'conspiracy prediction' passed onto me by an executive level public servant 'whistleblower' back in the 80s (when I was a bit of a radical and was probing around inside the Deakin Centre).

He said, that the long-term 'agenda' for Australia's political structure was as follows:
1) Strong Federal govt - which takes control of major resources like water
2) NO STATE GOVTs
3) The appearance of super-councils.

I always thought this impossible, but given the current political make up of states and federal govts, plus the fact that State govts are the revenue receivers for GST - not to mention the existence NOW of super-councils (which ARE going to spread btw) ...

Interesting times ahead in Australia.

Duncan

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by nexusmagazine

Yup, very interesting on the super-council idea. A lot amalgamation has been going on between various councils in recent years.

A lot of people have also suggested we get rid of the state governments as well, that's been in the media a bit recently.

I like how if inflation and economic doom is impending on every nation, America for instance lowers their interest rates to super lows, while our get lifted to recent new highs.

It is difficult to control domestic prices when international prices are rising everywhere, like the rice shortage and cost of other foods, but Rudd did promise he'd lower grocery prices - it was one of his big election platforms. But I suppose any politician would say they're going to do this and that.

At any rate, I'm a million times more happy to be an Australian with Rudd in and Howard out.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

Thanks guys its good to see some Australian acknowledgment, and i am a Rudd man my self, i believe he is one of the most genuine nice guy's we have ever had, i find that the liberals are a pack of liars and complain about anything that comes to mind to take attention off there own faults lol not to mention there ignorance, and discussion aka argument time lol that's funny!

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Its simple,

Inflation in Australia is DIRECTLY tied to

1. OIL
2. China's super-power status.

Oil - $1.50 per litre. I remember when it was around 60c per litre.
Because of Australia's VAST size, agrictulural aspect and shiping, food prices have dramatically increased simply because of cost to grow them, and transport them.

China - China is buying up Australia's Iron and other metals at an unbelievable rate.
Here in WA, the average income is around $100-$120,000.00 per annum
AVERAGE, we have so much money being pumped in from china for these metals, wages are up, money is up.

These two factors alone mean inflation is rising, the cost of goods is rising and the amount of money coming in is rising.

Thus inflation.

Triple this with a sevre housing shortage and youve got house prices at an average of $400-$450,000.00 per house.
Where as 10yrs ago it was around $200,000.00+

The SAD SAD SAD thing,

Is the RUDD government isnt doing that bad.

They cut the budget where it was needed, tax the rich, and give to the poor.
For once someone taxed the richies of Australia.

Petrol, no one can control this. Its stupid for anyone to be pressuring Rudd because he cannot lower petrol prices. Petrol prices are OUT OF ANYONES hands accept The American Government.

As for interest rates? they are only going to have so much affect... the problem isnt with our lending, because we've got the money coming in to back us up, its with the money itsself.

The sad part?

Is that the Rudd government inherited a dying horse, no one can save it.
And come election time, when Peter Costello debates Rudd for the PM Position, there's enough dunces here to believe Costello when he says its all Rudds fault.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Inflation is caused by one thing and one thing only: the money supply growing faster than the economy is. Paper money is a commodity like any other and responds to supply and demand. When there is more than is needed, it’s worth less. The reason there is inflation here in the USA and OZ is because both our central banks are printing money hand over fist. Since the banksters literally own the central banks, it matters little who the political puppets are. I believe that the U$ dollar is being intentionally destroyed in order to make way for the ‘Amero’ that the globalists are pushing. Have you down under types heard anything about a larger currency for that Pacific trade partnership the globalists have got you in? Perhaps the same thing is being done to your money?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistor
Inflation is caused by one thing and one thing only: the money supply growing faster than the economy is. Paper money is a commodity like any other and responds to supply and demand. When there is more than is needed, it’s worth less. The reason there is inflation here in the USA and OZ is because both our central banks are printing money hand over fist. Since the banksters literally own the central banks, it matters little who the political puppets are. I believe that the U$ dollar is being intentionally destroyed in order to make way for the ‘Amero’ that the globalists are pushing. Have you down under types heard anything about a larger currency for that Pacific trade partnership the globalists have got you in? Perhaps the same thing is being done to your money?

I have been repeatedly told that the following is the desired outcome for the stage preceding global govt, with a single (cashless) global currency:
- the emergence of three distinct 'trade' blocs - Europe+Africa; North+South America; Asia+SE Asia. (Not sure where Russia was supposed to fit into all this)
- each of the three blocs will have its own currency
- each of the three blocs will have frictionless trading (ie health and safety standards of products will be harmonised for seamless trade)

It was pointed out to me that this is unlikely to happen on a voluntary basis, and so there will be various manufactured crises (crisises?) in order to bring this about.

Whilst the Amero and Euro are well advanced in planning - I have yet to see or hear of any proposed replacement currency for lil ole Australia/SE Asia. This is probably because my 'inside' contacts are no longer alive or no longer 'inside' enough to bleat.

On a side note - do people realise that a cashless society is the ULTIMATE surveillance system?

best

Duncan

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
heard a funny joke: Brendan Nelson as PM !!!!

now that ive picked myself up from the floor from my fits of laughter. i dont think removing the fuel excise or the GST off Petrol is the solution the last time Howard reduced the excise the fuel price didnt even go down if i remember correctly it went up so then the gov had less $$ to put back into the country and the petrol companies got richer again !

perhaps setting up a federally run national petrol distribution scheme, Gov starts its own petrol station chain, buys @ market price but sells at a more acceptable price. yea i know they will loose money but if they remove taxes on it they will loose more and it will start to hurt the big petrol station monopolies when their customers run out.

this kind of approach would also give the government some incentive to find a cheaper and cleaner source of fuel to run cars on.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Of course.

The Central Bank of Australia is in the same club as the Fed and Bank of England and Bundesbank etc.

If you really want to understand the economic quicksand you're sinking in, you might consider reading Eustace Mullin's 'Secrets of the Federal Reserve' -- to understand the choreography of inflation and deflatoin and depression and 'bubbles' used to break the back of subject populations to enslave them and foreclose on their real property ... you're being destroyed by those you think have your best interests at heart.

I realize you may think I haven't answered your question -- but please read the book, then you'll see I have. It's free, online, here www.fdrs.org... (NOTE you DON'T have to log in to read the book.)

Once you've read Mullins, then these articles will make more sense, which explain all the current Central Bank/Petroleum-based wars and genocides now going on, and that will be going on --
here's the url's on Iran's proposed Oil Bourse toppling the U.S. dollar.
www.dissidentvoice.org...

here's another really good article
www.iran-daily.com...

Also, www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 29-5-2008 by counterterrorist]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Inflation is caused by one thing and one thing only: the money supply growing faster than the economy is.

This is not correct.

In a global market, where countries like China and India are competing for the same natural resources, their demand for oil and other commodities can drive up the price of goods independent of the money supply. In fact, is IS the growth of their economies that is driving the demand for oil, which is what is causing prices to edge up.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

Yes he might be "new to the job" and I like the man too, but he needs to pull a rabbit out of a hat very quickly if Australia is going to avoid being pulled down the economic gurgler along with everyone else. At the moment the money is all flowing in one direction....and that is to big bank shareholders (they aren't stupid). We need legislation, and quickly to stop the money elite screwing over the rest of us. It can be done. In times of war governments find money overnight. The thing is, has Rudd got the courage to stand up to world bullies and give Australia's resources, jobs and subsequently money, back to Australians.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nexusmagazine

Keep what up? inflation? high petrol prices? high food prices? Toppling banks? No it wasn't Rudd;s fault....but I think you need to look at the big picture.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Inflation is caused by one thing and one thing only: the money supply growing faster than the economy is.

This is not correct.

In a global market, where countries like China and India are competing for the same natural resources, their demand for oil and other commodities can drive up the price of goods independent of the money supply. In fact, is IS the growth of their economies that is driving the demand for oil, which is what is causing prices to edge up.

Of course a growing economy is going to make some commodities scarcer and so more expensive, but what I’m talking about is an overall devaluation of the currency, which is what inflation is. Some goods and products will always be more expensive than others, but when you see a fiat currency decline against the global market as a whole, it’s because too much of it is being made available. This always happens when a country with a central bank and a fiat currency has run up an untenable amount of debt. Like the USA.

new topics

top topics

join