It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Carla Moran and the entity

page: 1
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:00 AM
link   
i was flicking thought the channels the other day and found the movie the entity, i thought it was a very strange movie and thought oh my god the writers must be sick to make a movie about a woman being raped by a ghost but then at the end of the movie it said that it was based on a real incident, anyone have any ideas.

i thought that ghosts or spirits cant hurt people let alone rape someone.

is this just the producers createing spin or is this a really based on reality?

are there any good sites with the real story, because i know that even if the story is based on reality the makers of the movie will take liberties and i want to read the real story if true




posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Supposedly she still has visits from this entity or entities. Do a google search and you will be surprised. I know a lot of movies "based on true events" are extremely loosely based- it is rediculous. That movie was close to what she states happened. I am not so sure about the part towards the end when the doctor tries to capture the spirit- I think that is ALL Hollywood.



posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
i found some things and the bit at the end is definatly hollywood, i found bits and pieces.
on some sites it says she now dead her self.



posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hi I have not seen the film but believe there is a phenomena that does attack people in this way although I do not believe in ghosts. it is called incubus or succubus and it has happened to ordinary people and used to happen to monks etc, was common as there was an abstination and s thought of as a test if it happened. I also believe this is a small part of a larger thing which includes demonic possession and alsorts of diverse mental abhorations. I would like to submit some urls for perusal but there is one that I cannot find to do with a nurse harming her elderly patient because she was having sex with ghosts. The urls are diverse but mention a case recently in america and there is another of the police report, have also come across someone else who has reported this type of thing to the police with other stories of such strangeness

www.komotv.com...

www.timesonline.co.uk...

cnews.canoe.ca...

www.pnwlocalnews.com...

www.worldnetdaily.com...

www.santafenewmexican.com...



posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS
 


That is all alleged. There is no independently-verifiable evidence for any of it.

I do wish people would stop misusing language, passing off guesswork as fact. We can't learn anything if we give in to temptation to make our lives easier by just accepting things as fact without testing them.

Stories do not the truth make.



posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
thanks for those links they are really good, very interesting



posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by Anonymous ATS
 


That is all alleged. There is no independently-verifiable evidence for any of it.

I do wish people would stop misusing language, passing off guesswork as fact. We can't learn anything if we give in to temptation to make our lives easier by just accepting things as fact without testing them.

Stories do not the truth make.


Because there is no evidence, yet, it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

According to your theory, radiation (which is detectable with a special meter) would also be non-existent.

Until we at least -try- to attempt to understand it without prejudice and skeptism that you seem to exhibit then science will not really be able to move forward in that area.

And, if we all had your attitude we would still be living in caves and there would be no posters on ATS (because they have no proof).

People sometimes do experience things that other people do not. It is important to investigate with an open mind AND THAT'S WHAT THE SCIENTISTS DID IN THE CARLA MORA CASE.

I'm not saying yes or no (regardless of my beliefs) but an open mind and support to those that are potentially victims is quite frankly, good manners.

Oh, and according to your argument I'm sure that you don't believe in God either.

MOST of the threads in this area are about this subject and people are at least talking trying to make some correllation.

That's what this is all about...

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Jinni]

[edit on 27-5-2008 by Jinni]



posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni
 


Nope. We can easily detect radiation. That is a highly-specious argument. Why would the scientific method keep us living in caves? Science is the methodology that has given us every benefit of the modern world - to claim that the scientific method (which is what I'm espousing) is some kind of hinderance to the modern world is laughable. It's got us this far, it's got you that computer, and now you want to slap it in the face because it doesn't allow you to believe in fairy stories of magic and demons and such.

Clearly you have no idea about science. Clearly you have no idea about objectivity. Clearly you have no idea about studying anything.

But please - continue making stuff up, just don't be surprised when no-one learns anything.



posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420
 


You're talking nonsense again!

Again, you fail to understand my post.

I know radition can be detected, that wasn't my point!


What I'm trying to say is that before the discovery of radiation people might have suggested it. But instead of supporting work to find out (scientifically) you resort to just hitting them on the head.

I'm all for scientific analysis and proof. But I think you just need to be a little more kind to those that claim to have experiences.

And I'm not getting into a personal level but your tone and approach is not very friendly, for a 'scientist'.


Oh nevermind, you probably won't understand this post either.

Is that depression getting to you again?



posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni
 


Please try to understand the scientific method. Please. Then read about how radiation was discovered. That will answer your point, as you will be able to see that what's being discussed here is as far from real science as you can get.

No, I'm ONLY for scientific evidence. It's the only kind of evidence. You can't learn from anything that is NOT scientific evidence. Being kind to people who are making stuff up is not going to help anyone learn. It's only going to harm this field, or what's left of it.

Of course my tone isn't very friendly. This is a board for paranormal study and it's full of people making stuff up, passing off their own assumptions as truth, and shunning the scientific method. If that doesn't deserve contempt, I don't know what does.

And no, my depression has no bearing on my understanding of the scientific method, and the complete lack of it in this thread.



posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by Jinni
 


Please try to understand the scientific method. Please. Then read about how radiation was discovered. That will answer your point, as you will be able to see that what's being discussed here is as far from real science as you can get.

No, I'm ONLY for scientific evidence. It's the only kind of evidence. You can't learn from anything that is NOT scientific evidence. Being kind to people who are making stuff up is not going to help anyone learn. It's only going to harm this field, or what's left of it.

Of course my tone isn't very friendly. This is a board for paranormal study and it's full of people making stuff up, passing off their own assumptions as truth, and shunning the scientific method. If that doesn't deserve contempt, I don't know what does.

And no, my depression has no bearing on my understanding of the scientific method, and the complete lack of it in this thread.


Gaining people's experience and accounts is the first part of any scientific study that is to be conducted.

Just imagine that's what we are tyring to do.

We are trying to initiate some scientific study once it is found that there are significant number of events that correllate.

Ok?

Cheer up now?



posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni
 


That's not OK. Gathering stories is fine, but this thread (and board) is not about that. It's not objective. People are passing off fact in response to these stories, and above that, it seems to be the only step in study these folks want to undertake. Where's the study in that? If these people are interested in it, which I assume they are if they're here, why don't they do something about it?

As long as we have people passing off their own opinions and assumptions as fact, even the simple gathering of stories becomes next-to-impossible, as uninformed analysis of the stories is mixed up in the stories themselves, which threatens to destroy any integrity the stories have.

So no, not OK.

And I'll cheer up when people in this board start acting like adults, and treat these topics (and the scientific method) with the respect they deserve. Until then I'll keep taking this abuse of science and reason as a personal slap in the face, as anyone interested in this field should do.



posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
i found this site it has all sorts of different famous ghosts and pultergists (sorry for the spelling)

www.paranormaltavern.com...



posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420
 


Most people here are not scientists.

If you claim to be one then why don't you advise what the OP should do scientifically (as part of an investigation i mean) and not just be so rude that everyone stops posting and discussing (now that's not scientific
).

BE CONSTRUCTIVE SCIENTIFICALLY! Help and guide if you think you are the God of Science.

How's that then?

Somehow, I doubt a contructive scientific response will ever come from dave420.



posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni
 


You don't have to be a scientist to follow the scientific method.

I covered this already - the OP should engage in objective research of the stories, not believing anything they say unless there is corroborating evidence, and even then only accepting it as anecdotal at best. For real answers, read the scientific, peer-reviewed papers outlinging studies on the phenomenon. If none are found, and the OP wants to take it further, they can propose a hypothesis and continue from there.

That's it. That's constructive. That's what the scientific method dictates, which is what I've been banging on about since forever.



posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by Jinni
 


You don't have to be a scientist to follow the scientific method.

I covered this already - the OP should engage in objective research of the stories, not believing anything they say unless there is corroborating evidence, and even then only accepting it as anecdotal at best. For real answers, read the scientific, peer-reviewed papers outlinging studies on the phenomenon. If none are found, and the OP wants to take it further, they can propose a hypothesis and continue from there.

That's it. That's constructive. That's what the scientific method dictates, which is what I've been banging on about since forever.


Ok, my final post to you.

Start your own scientific thread here on ATS or write a scientific paper or journal on one paranormal activity and post it here.

I'm sure will all be keen and eager to see it!

Come on, show us how it's done.



posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
From what I have read abouth the incubus/sucubus type demons is that they seduce the victim and pose as a very attrctive human to suck their life-force. The "entity" in this case actually raped the woman and injured her. Maybe it is silly to bring it up- I just would never have equated the entity with an incubus.



posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Hi have managed to find a bit more. I have been looking at this for at least 15 years studying TRANSLATIONS of ancient texts to find out more about this phenomena have tried to go back before constantine and my reading and searches have been diverse to include dimensions and string theory example is say reading the works of cicero and and only finding 1 paragraph pertaining to the phenomena. below is a url with the example in and a lot of other reading of which I have not read all.

www.angelfire.com...

there are other threads also on ATS that I think can be included though do not have the urls, one was from da4knight, another was to do with a red bouncing light and another wwas some one seeing spider like apparitions.
and a very detaik report on how the phenomena starts and and affects people. One thing is for sure that it is harmful to people and there familiesand is not an ivestigation for the faint hearted



posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Hi have managed to find a bit more. I have been looking at this for at least 15 years studying TRANSLATIONS of ancient texts to find out more about this phenomena have tried to go back before constantine and my reading and searches have been diverse to include dimensions and string theory example is say reading the works of cicero and and only finding 1 paragraph pertaining to the phenomena. below is a url with the example in and a lot of other reading of which I have not read all.

www.angelfire.com...

there are other threads also on ATS that I think can be included though do not have the urls, one was from da4knight, another was to do with a red bouncing light and another wwas some one seeing spider like apparitions.
and a very detaik report on how the phenomena starts and and affects people. One thing is for sure that it is harmful to people and there familiesand is not an ivestigation for the faint hearted



Thanks for the link.

The paragraph you refer to presents several points associated with the claimed symptoms of government induced mind control.

Are you saying that the effects of incubus and succubus are actually government mind control technology?

Ancient texts acutally refer to incubus and succubus or "khabusi-wal-khuba-is" the male and female demon\creature.

It seems more likely that the symptoms listed in the link actually refer to incubus and succubus. There is a strong argument for that correlation link - one simply needs to look at all cases of incubus and succubus and find that the link is actually quite compelling.

There is no evidence or argument to suggest that such creatures are just limited to mental influences. There may be variants of such creatures that could rape by force and build the towers of baalbek while they are it it. This is in itself ancient knowledge going back to the time of king Solomon and beyond.

Btw: creatures or incubus\succubus have been given names to distinguish key features for example, though with great strength are called 'Ifrits', those that serve are called 'Amirs', those that play with your mind are called 'shaytan' although they ALL belong to the same species.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by Jinni]



posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
the incyubu sounds a bit like the tales of adams first wife, i think her name is lilith, from what i can remember is she wouldnt be controlled or something, and then she escaped and she is meant to have sex with men or something.
she got blamed for wet dreams and things like that from what i can remember correct me if im wrong




top topics



 
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join