It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jupiter Breaks Out in Spots !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
snippet:

A third red spot has appeared on Jupiter in what astronomers called a case of the planetary measles.

The latest Hubble and Keck images also support the idea of Jupiter undergoing global climate change. Warming near the giant planet's equator and cooling at the South Pole could be destabilizing the southern hemisphere, causing jet streams to go haywire and spawn new storms.

link: www.space.com...

I it just me, or does it seem all the planets are going out of whack? I just posted a thread on this very subject, see: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

its almost like they are getting global warming just like we are.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Along with Mars too...

But I guess it must be all the factories, clearing of forrests and extreme number of cars that's to blame for these changes.. just like it is here.

Said in other words, it kinda shows that while humans might be maintaining the greenhouse effect, it was really us that started it in the first place.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Man! Our stupid SUV's have caused some kind of contagious global warming!
And to think, only 30 years ago, scientists were worried we were heading for another ice-age! Indeed, they even proposed ejecting stuff into the atmosphere to warm us up, lol.
Damn knee-jerkers will kill us all!

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by cruzion

Indeed, they even proposed ejecting stuff into the atmosphere to warm us up, lol.

Man Cruzion, I didn't know that ! Did they ever attempt this that you know of?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
The ongoing solar sun revolution. And anyone who says the sun looks 'normal' since 1997 can eat my shorts.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

I am suprised to see someone else say this. I noticed that myself, and when I mention it to anyone , well, I get the 'are you losing your mind' stare. But all my life I have been looking up, intrigued by what I see in space, and I definately see a change in the Sun's appearance

edit = spelling

[edit on 25-5-2008 by space cadet]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Well I don't know if the actual suns appearance is noticeable (not to me), but it's pretty much a fact it;s going through it's ending it's 11 year cycle.

Maybe the changing of the sun is why there have been so many new natural disasters and worsening of storms. And the reason for global shifts/warming of the other planets, its only up to time to reveal disturbances in the other gas giants.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I mentioned to a colleague that the sun seems brighter in the last couple of years. He looked at me like I'm nuts. Do you all think I am?

As for Jupiter, maybe it's getting ready to light up.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
No, they didn't but it was under serious consideration at the time.
Luckily, the collected data on earths temperature history prevailed against the idea. Since then, a lot of data has been aquired from drilling the arctic ice. We have very accurate temperature data for the past 250,000 years. It shows a cycle of fluctuations within a larger cycle of fluctuations. And the model is correct: We should be heating up.
On another note, doesn't the Sun swap it's magnetic axis every 11 years? Was that the cycle the other poster was talking about? The Earth is actually due to flip it's magnetic poles soon. Maybe tomorrow, maybe in 200 years, but fairly soon. How that will affect instruments that use magnetism should be pretty interesting, as well as how if affects migrating birds and mammals.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
reply to post by cruzion

Indeed, they even proposed ejecting stuff into the atmosphere to warm us up, lol.

Man Cruzion, I didn't know that ! Did they ever attempt this that you know of?

I've heard of plans they had to cover vast area of artic and antartic ice in black carbon (basically soot)

The idea was rather than the bright white reflecting much of the suns energy - the black would absorb more of it - the consequence? Well melting to polar ice a bit, putting more water into the seas! rising sea levels anyone
I think somehow they wanted to give the ocean convayer an injection of fresh water - because as we all know, we have fully understood all of the consequences of all of our past present and future actions.

Side note - I'm taking my single seat Humber to my new off road track deep in the rain forest, gonna start the day with a rare species egg omelette reception in my new concrete retreat (we just finished re homing the natives ) Then we'll finish up with a spot of seal clubbing (I've chartered a jet specifically to bring in 200).. Who's in?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Man, it's been a while since I've been clubbing!
Or had a Hummer, for that matter...
Omelete sounds good though! Especially with shark fin soup.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
My Mrs. definitely think the sun shines brighter now and I must admit I find it harder to look at it now than I ever used to ( I know you're not supposed to but sometimes its fun to sneeze ) . A thought occurred to me whilst writing though , I wonder if age has anything to do with it ? That is if there is NO change in the sun ! As our eyes get older maybe extreme light sources hurt more ? Just a theory but I prefer/believe the sun is changing .

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
mr benn, I thought the very same thing. You should see me try to read a menu at a resteraunt anymore. I'm like Mr. Magoo. That could very well be 'part' of it.

new topics

top topics

join