It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question about frequencies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I have often heard words such as frequency and energy used, in what sounded to me, like buzz words, the people I have heard using these words are most often self admitted new age folk. I have asked many times before what they mean exactly only to be given a multitude of different confusing answers. I will say right now that I try and keep an open mind about all things and especially things other people hold close to heart. I must admit though that even after some internet searching I seem no closer to figuring out exactly what is meant by these terms in relation to the new age point(s) of view.

I have noticed these words both being used on this forum in this board and also on many of the videos linked to in the topics on this board, this is why I am posting for an explanation here. So what do you all meant by energy and more importantly frequency and vibration?

Oh and I know the scientific definition of the word frequency and energy but it seems this is not what new folk people mean.

Hope I can find some answers

[edit on 25-5-2008 by CuriosityStrikes]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Hi there are different elements surrounding frequency.

Did you know that if you took waveform of your heartbeat and plugged it into an audio editor, it would make music?

In fact anything that can be measured in a waveform could be converted to sound.

Teslas Earthquake machine was like a tuning fork that reciporicated it's energy back in fourth, making the vibration constantly stronger and stronger.

People aren't sure how the Pyramids on this earth were constructed. Some say that sound harmonics were used to assist the builders lifiting the heavy objects.

Ancient Egyptians and native americans alike, where very well of the f# note.

All though there are many different frequencies, that have different powers and meanings.

Hope that helps.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Indeed, this sounds much like the scientific definition, I have heard all kinds of things turned into music in the past, oh and I can hear/feel the beat of my heart without any help from a computer hehe.

Another question that is along the same lines is what do people mean by positive and negative vibrations or frequency, I always thought it was a sliding scale, which frequency is which? maybe I'm wrong in my assumptions.

Cheers for taking time to answer me.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Hi curiosity strikes, sorry for taking so long to get back to you. I don't think there is a definitive answer to that question. But on a piano everything under middle C would be considered Bass and that above it would be considered treble. We also have musical notes that are so low or high that you can not hear it, but you can feel it sometimes. Whether we do or not it is still there and it still affects us in some way wether it be subconscious or not.

There is a mid ground somewhere and it is a like line in the sand. Sometimes it is enought to keep you there, other times it is not. But that is always up to the one who makes the step.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
read about 432 hz my friend and it will change your life.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I ma actually looking into that as we speak, I have learned a lot about this already but would prefer to hear the difference. Could you point me somewhere where I don't have to download to listen or is that part of the problem?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
So my question is how should I tune my guitar if what I know is a C is not an absolute C? What about my keyboard?

[edit on 6-6-2008 by 12.21.12]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuriosityStrikes
So what do you all meant by energy and more importantly frequency and vibration?

Oh and I know the scientific definition of the word frequency and energy but it seems this is not what new folk people mean.

The terms "frequency" and "vibration" are often used interchangeably among mystics (those who communicate with discarnates) and healers (those who channel rejuvenating energies).

What they are actually remarking on is the energy of Spirit that they feel channeled in, through, and/or around them. That energy, often called Ki, Chi, Prana, The Holy Spirit, the Force, etc., cannot be directly measured with instruments (many have tried) because it is not a physical energy at all -- but represents the nonliving and infinite Light on the Other Side. That Light is the energy system of discarnates and operates off of a completely different set of principles than the energy here. Even though it cannot be measured directly with instruments, its effect on people and objects can be and has been measured scientifically.

So when you hear someone talking about "vibration" or "frequency" or "energy" they are all referring to the force that one or more spirits (usually a Group Entity or discarnate community) are directing toward them for the purpose of healing, guidance, intuition, awareness and communication with one or more discarnates, etc.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Paul_Richard

Cheers for your answer, I had assumed this was what was meant but as I have said it seems that most of the people I know in person who beleive these things think they are the same as the scientific terms. I cant help but wonder why the scientific terms are used for something completely different, also I cant help but think it must damage the way a person understands these things and therefore the credibility of these things from the perspective of a rational scientific thinker.

I notice it seems to be partly a problem in translation though, I have read a few copies of the Tao Te Ching and each has had very different interpretations and traslations, do you know why the translators used scientific terms? Perhaps to make it seem more appealing to the more scientifically minded western minds?

reply to post by 12.21.12

Ah do not worry about taking a while to reply, at least you have replied, as my first post says I have had only very confused and contradictory replies in the past. Cheers for replying.

reply to post by Herbal Oli

I noticed a topic on the forum recently about this and did a little reading, its on my list of things to look up, cheers for the reply.

Cheers to you all for replying yet again.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Hi CuriosityStrikes,

Cheers for your answer, I had assumed this was what was meant but as I have said it seems that most of the people I know in person who believe these things think they are the same as the scientific terms. I cant help but wonder why the scientific terms are used for something completely different, also I cant help but think it must damage the way a person understands these things and therefore the credibility of these things from the perspective of a rational scientific thinker.

I notice it seems to be partly a problem in translation though, I have read a few copies of the Tao Te Ching and each has had very different interpretations and translations, do you know why the translators used scientific terms? Perhaps to make it seem more appealing to the more scientifically minded western minds?

Exactly.

Partly out of ignorance and partly because they wish to add credibility to the subject, many have tried to categorize the energy of Spirit into a physical energy like electricity, when it is not a physically-based energy at all. Many mystics do indeed understand this principle.

The Light on the Other Side that spirits or discarnates in Group Entities (or discarnate communities) use to manifest healing and telekinesis, must be approached objectively and without the tinted glasses of the western scientific perspective. Only then can one truly begin to understand it.

...Cheers to you all for replying yet again.

You bet.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   

So what do you all meant by energy and more importantly frequency and vibration?

Hope I can find some answers

[edit on 25-5-2008 by CuriosityStrikes]

All you will get is goobly gook answers about something. In pseudo-science, practitioners are keen to use code words to make something look more complex or more elaborate than it is, a fraud or scheme.

You know the real definitions of these terms. Think of these definitions instead of the code words when dealing with in New Age Mysticism. You will have it figured out fairly quick.

top topics

join