It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar System Changing Fast-MUST READ!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I think the fact that we are nearing the center point of the galactic plane plays a large part in all of this new found phenomenon. It is my belief that we will see even more changes that will be like nothing we have ever witnessed. I truly hope none of the things will be devestating to our way of life, but I fear that it will be. It is already predicted that this next solar maximum will be likely 30 to 50 % more active than the previous. The next solar maximum is due to hit around 2012.

Then again, it could just be as an earlier poster stated; We just simply have better technology to view things with and are picking up more precise data that turns out to be different than the outdated tech produced. So maybe it is not changing, but always was, and we just percieved it to be different.

All in all, we are living in exciting times. I just wish the world would pull together in a massive scientific alliance and allocate our resources to new technology and discovery instead of war.

Regards,
Aaron

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Aaron_Justin

We do live in exciting times, I agree, I hope that I am here to see as much as possible. This phenomenon in the universe seems pretty ominous to me though, if rapidly changing atmospheres and pole shifts are taking place, and we don't have the technology to keep up, well then it is just up to the earth to decide if we inherit it or not.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
snippet:

Just since 1997 the structure of the Earth has shifted from being slightly more egg-shaped, or elongated at the poles, to more pumpkin-shaped, or flattened at the poles. No one at NASA has even bothered to try to explain this yet. Link to full article at NASA.

Link: www.fourwinds10.com...

This is some real stuff ya'll, I can't believe this is not in the mainstream news, and a hot topic at that! I know something is gonna kill us one way or another, but jeez, looks like the whole universe is falling apart!

I was refering to this quote from the article you snipped it from.

The above "snippet" is entirely made up by the author of the article. This information does not appear anywhere in the original NASA article the author is refering to as his source.

Perhaps that is why NASA has not bothered to try and explain it... because they never said it in the first place. The author of the article at fourwinds10.com that you sited made it up himself.

[edit on 22-6-2008 by craig732]

[edit on 22-6-2008 by craig732]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I do have to say that linking to an article that itself links to an article (and completely falsely describes what's going on) is a little ignorant. It's a change in the earth's gravity field. Since you say that you read all the articles, I can only imagine why the snippet you used in the OP is the sensationalist, incorrect one. Sure, you can say that's just what the website author said, but if he's wrong about that, maybe you need to wonder what else he's wrong about.

But this is ATS, should expect as much

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattguy404
Wow, all of that is incredibly interesting, but...

I'm confused, the NASA article was originally published almost 6 years ago, why has this site only picked up on it now?

The explanation in the original NASA article seems to point that it might be water melting from the poles, but also mentions something about our magnetic field.

It'd be good to find a secondary source. From the link:

"PLUTO: As of September 2002, Pluto has experienced a 300-percent increase in its atmospheric pressure in the last 14 years, while also becoming noticeably darker in color."

Where did they get that from? I mean, it's incredibly interesting if it's true, but I don't think we have a barometer on Pluto.

Mass spectrometer readings tell us what is in the atmosphere and how much of it is there.
From there, it's only highschool math.

I.E. We do not need a barometer on Pluto to know this, just like we do not need a barometer on any other planet to know these values.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join