It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar System Changing Fast-MUST READ!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
snippet:

Just since 1997 the structure of the Earth has shifted from being slightly more egg-shaped, or elongated at the poles, to more pumpkin-shaped, or flattened at the poles. No one at NASA has even bothered to try to explain this yet. Link to full article at NASA.

Link: www.fourwinds10.com...

This is some real stuff ya'll, I can't believe this is not in the mainstream news, and a hot topic at that! I know something is gonna kill us one way or another, but jeez, looks like the whole universe is falling apart!

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Interesting article, if not a little presumptive.

However, why do they say that nobody at NASA has attempted to explain this? The nasa.gov article they supply clearly states, multiple times, that NASA is attempting to explain this.

Hell:

In 2002 NASA also launched the GRACE and JASON missions, missions that will help to more precisely track these sorts of changes in Earth’s geodesy, and will launch the ICESAT mission this winter.

An article on this NASA-funded study appears in the August 2 issue of the journal Science.

Source

Just felt it was important, that when reading the article, people realize this.

edit: The nasa.gov article is dated from August 01, 2002. It may be worth some follow up investigation.

[edit on 5/25/0808 by spines]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Rather the physical aspects of the earth. Consider the vastness our universe rides inside our galaxy. Are there spots of many asteroid collision possibilites? Or galaxial cooling dust? We don't have a clue.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Wow, all of that is incredibly interesting, but...

I'm confused, the NASA article was originally published almost 6 years ago, why has this site only picked up on it now?

The explanation in the original NASA article seems to point that it might be water melting from the poles, but also mentions something about our magnetic field.

It'd be good to find a secondary source. From the link:

"PLUTO: As of September 2002, Pluto has experienced a 300-percent increase in its atmospheric pressure in the last 14 years, while also becoming noticeably darker in color."

Where did they get that from? I mean, it's incredibly interesting if it's true, but I don't think we have a barometer on Pluto.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Most interesting indeed mattguy. Yahoo just blipped out Venus has picked up two more 'red spots' of high velocity wind vortex's. It would very much seem universal climate change is happening. If you ask me the sun hasn't looked right since '97. White not yellow. Or I could quite rightly be mad. reply to post by mattguy404

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
more current input needed indeed,

it may just be a case of more accurate measurements from next generation satellites that deduce the earth is more pumpkin shaped than egg shaped.
I think the planet has a degree of plasticity, but come on, a change in the planets' profile since the first Sputniks & TellStars some 40 years ago?

as far as Pluto & Venus atmospheric changes, these might not be new phenomena but only newly revealed phenomena, as a result of better measurement devices & telescopes which allow teams of scientists to more accurately analyse.

side bar:
one thing about a maleable crust which is being reshaped...
earthquakes would certainly result, but also pockets of oil & gas
that were once trapped could very well be seeking new pooling places,
and benefit the cheap oil paradigm that is threatning to be soon gone.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

Exactly, I didn't notice the dated material until after I posted this thread, did you notice that the article had been emailed to someone this month? I picked up on it from an article on Space.com. Regardless of the date, I find it disturbing that the entire universe is warming up, the hell with Global warming! Apparently we have a lot more to be concerned with than just this planet! I found and posted another thread related to this in a way, it is talking about Jupiter, more spots are occuring.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Also Jupiter now has 3 red spots. All these things happening at the same time are opening up alot of questions as to what is going on. Is there some sort of gavitation pull comming from somewhere else.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
id bet its becos we are getting close to the galatic plane
all those gravity forces adding up has 'stretched' the equator, hence pulling down the poles maybe?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I would like to reccommend anyone to watch all the Project Camelot interviews.
And especially the ones of David Wilcock, Dan Burisch and some others for a possible explanation for these changes. Project Camelot

Also recommend:

How it feels to have a stroke
The 2012 Enigma

Lots more to discover...

[edit on 25/5/2008 by Jeroenske]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Hey,

Has nobody else got the SOHO Solar Observatory for Vista pc's? It sends the most upto date pic of the sun straight to my desktop, is it just me or has the sun got darker, especially in the last 12 months, theres no sunspots but there are a few anomalies round the equator. 12 months ago the sun was very bright and I noticed at least a few sunspots, it was noticably warmer to.

If where expiriencing strange weather you can bet the other planets are.

just my 2p

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by fred3110

I have a widget on my Mac that gets SOHO stuff, it's pretty spiffy. Aren't we at solar minimum? It does look really quiet on the Sun, so if all the planets are warming up, I'd expect it to be more active.

...or something

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Not just heating up it would seem, discovered ice caps on mercury, say, isn't that the one RIGHT next to the sun that should be a molten furnace by the standard model?

We are told nothing about what is actually going on, oh yea, and that article is from 1993

findarticles.com...

thanks. EMM

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

Yeah I think where heading towards a solar minium

I just pulled that pic of wikipedia, I know wiki is not the most reliable source for info but it suggests solar activity has been declining since about 2000-2001ish, not to sure about other parts of the world but in my neck of the woods its got noticeably cooler and a lot more windy, thats a stark contrast to 4-5 years ago when we had scorching summers.
I'm not sure if theres a connection I just thought it would be interesting to point out, anyone else noticed weather changes in there local area?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies, I cannot get enough of this particular subject! I have too noted the sun looks different and the sunspot activity has all but ceased. Storms on Jupiter that are new, Saturns rings changing, ect, but all we can do is watch in awe as this great universe changes right before us.

edit = spelling error

[edit on 26-5-2008 by space cadet]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Wouldn't it be nice if we could watch in awe and get accurate honest information from NASA at the same time? That way we could have informed debates about it instead of just guessing about our own limited observations?

It is awe inspiring and incredibly frustrating at the same time.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet and cnm1976 after that

Astronomy Picture of the Day

Now, Jupiter has a third red spot, again produced from a smaller whitish storm.

Jupiter's recent outbreak of red spots is likely related to large scale climate change as the gas giant planet is getting warmer near the equator.

I'd like to sress, "climate change" -- opposed to GW, but let's not drag this thread there
Or did I just do that

** And regarding the OP, interesting. My immediate thought after looking at that quickly is a sudden, actual pole shift... very quickly with mass devastation... just the way I prefer things to occur

[edit on 5/26/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
SIGH...

Yet another instance where no one goes and thoroughly reads the original article, in this case on the NASA webpage.

NASA Article

They are not talking about the earth changing shape.

They are talking about the shape of the earth's gravitational field changing.

The only mention in the article of the earth itself is refering to a possible slight change in the hight of sea level at the equator, which has not been proven or disproven at this time.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by craig732

Craig, with all due respect I have read the complete article. This thread is about the entire solar system going into a period of climate change. Not just the earth. But our immediate concerns would be the ongoing changes here on our own planet.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join