It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was there a Jesus? Yes, many of them

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Would the real Jesus please stand up?
Or can someone atleast point him out for me,

Im having some trouble choosing....

Jesus ben Sirach... This Jesus was reputedly the author of the Book of Sirach (aka 'Ecclesiasticus, or the Wisdom of Jesus the Son of Sirach'), part of Old Testament Apocrypha. Ben Sirach, writing in Greek about 180 BC, brought together Jewish 'wisdom' and Homeric-style heroes.

Jesus ben Pandira... A wonder-worker during the reign of Alexander Jannaeus (106-79 BC), one of the most ruthless of the Maccabean kings. Imprudently, this Jesus launched into a career of end-time prophesy and agitation which upset the king. He met his own premature end-time by being hung on a tree – and on the eve of a Passover. Scholars have speculated this Jesus founded the Essene sect.

Jesus ben Ananias... Beginning in 62AD, this Jesus had caused disquiet in Jerusalem with a non-stop doom-laden mantra of ‘Woe to the city’.

Jesus ben Saphat... In the insurrection of 68AD that wrought havoc in Galilee, this Jesus had led the rebels in Tiberias. When the city was about to fall to Vespasian’s legionaries he fled north to Tarichea on the Sea of Galilee.

Jesus ben Gamala... During 68/69 AD this Jesus was a leader of the ‘peace party’ in the civil war wrecking Judaea. From the walls of Jerusalem he had remonstrated with the besieging Idumeans (led by ‘James and John, sons of Susa’). It did him no good. When the Idumeans breached the walls he was put to death and his body thrown to the dogs and carrion birds.

Jesus ben Thebuth... A priest who, in the final capitulation of the upper city in 69AD, saved his own skin by surrendering the treasures of the Temple, which included two holy candlesticks, goblets of pure gold, sacred curtains and robes of the high priests. The booty figured prominently in the Triumph held for Vespasian and his son Titus.

ANY ONE of these "Jesus's" could have been the so called messiah...
but which one is it?

[edit on 25-5-2008 by SuperSlovak]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
That's an easy one to solve! None of the above...

The Bible was not written in English. The New Testament was written in Greek. The name "Jesus," is of Greek origin. The messiahs actual name is Yeshua/Yahshua.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
My answer is Jesus ben YHWH . . . but you do not have that as a choice, as you have an agenda to prove. Thanks anyways, though.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm just saying, by the looks of it, there probably was more then one messiah.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I keep hearing an old Dire Straits song right now....Industrial Disease...

"I go down to Speaker's Corner I'm thunderstruck
They got free speech, tourists, police in trucks
Two men say they're Jesus, one of them must be wrong"

I had no idea there were so many Jesus's.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Id love to know what the experts think. I wish there was a subject matter expert who could set the record straight.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
isn't a messiah in the hands of the believer?? imo any good orator can muster up a crownd to ecstasy, hence the messianic following?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
I'm just saying, by the looks of it, there probably was more then one messiah.

The question is, which of these fulfilled the Old Testament prophecies? None did except Jesus ben YHWH.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
'Jesus' doesn't mean the Messiah, 'Christ' does. 'Jesus' is the Greek form of the name Joshua. The Jesus people usually talk about is the Messiah and Son of God..

top topics

join