It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery deepens as 4th human foot found

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Sounds like a fake promo for a new saw movie... lol

Kinda reminds me of my own city, seems every 3 months their finding a new mutilated dead bodys by one of our condemned bridges, disgusting that people actually have a dump spot for dead corpses.... eww

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by freecell

Nearly. If everyone who came up with theories were as controlled as you, then yes, that would be a silly thing for a cop to say.

However, there are lots of folks out there who get all scared about things like this. As we can see from Snopes.com, lots of emails are sent round every day sensationalising things such as this. Most are harmless, but some offer some really bad advice. If people just stuck to discussing the facts, using logic instead of guessing what happened (as you kind of did when you said someone was hacking off feet), then that warning wouldn't have to be given.

His warning was most likely to all the old folks who sit at home and worry endlessly about the world, who leap on things like this and pass on the ol' "well I heard it was David Icke" rumours, which spread, which have sometimes cost lives.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Ok I've calmed down a bit now lol it will be interesting to see if the DNA of two feet belong to the two brothers in the article. It does sound more plausable than my serial killer suggestion!

I will sit and wait to see what the conclusion is X

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
5th human foot washes up on Canada coast

And so the story continues, but this time it's a left foot. Otherwise nothing new mentioned.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
6th foot found.
cnn

[edit on 18-6-2008 by hoppy]

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The head mentioned earlier washed up in scotland probably doesn't have anything to do with this. It turned out to be the head of a woman working in scotland from poland (if i remember rightly).

From what i have read it seems strange to say the least. The explanation for the feet washing up alone seems to be that as the body floats in the water it breaks up into seperate parts. Head, arms, torso, legs feet and hands. As to why only the feet are washing up, it seems to be just because they are encased in the running shoes that allows them to float and be moved by the tides.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
That last 6th foot was that of an animal which somebody stuffed into a sneaker- this one was some joke (which i dont think its funny at all)
I heard this last night on C2C as reported by George.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemiK
reply to post by sherpa

Same here Sherpa. Apart from the foot completely rotting away at the ankle, I don't see how a seperated foot could NOT have been forcibly removed.

Very strange indeed.

It's called disarticulation. When a body has been submerged underwater for a long time the tissue rots and body parts can float off. Because these are attached to buoyant shoe soles it's believed they floated to the surface.

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CyberSEAL

Glad to see some logic being employed here.

There is a book by Dix & Graham regarding decomposition that states that hands and feet are the first body part to disarticulate from a submerged body, I am currently doing research on "missing victim" homicides and just came across this site while developing a case based data set to draw analysis from.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

It happened again...anyone have any ideas whats really going on here? there is definitely something to this. I'm not sure we will ever find out, and if we do it won't be pleasant

Boot With Foot Inside Found Along Tacoma Shoreline Officials say the boot contained the remains of a human foot.

story here

<< 1   >>

join