It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigerian Cat Woman

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I don't find this story surprising at all. We are talking about a continent here where men believe that by having sex with a baby they become immune to aids (thats right, its not a belief of just one country its a belief prevelant throughout the continent). Whilst on humanitarian aid duties as a medic in sierra leone I came across a village where every boy (all the men were fighting) had been killed. but as if that wasn't enough every penis of every child had been cut off in order to be used in magic rituals that would be aimed at ensuring their fathers would never reproduce again.
Basically there are some sick, backwards and medieval beliefs throughout Africa. I am not surprised at this story, I'm just surprised that other people are surprised.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.
I wonder how many ATS members are actually cats from Nigeria??

Nope. I was dog from Europe once, but all that......errr......changed?

I find it highly improbable but will leave it open to speculation as to what did occur.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
(P.s. Some courses in physics and advanced mathematics would explain to you why the instantaneous mutation of objects in material formats with no viable external source to cause such metamorphosis exploits the universal elemental laws of heteromorphism through imbalance in valence shells, as a result of a closed system having a limited budget of electrons to spare, but telling this to someone such as yourself is like speaking Japanese to a monolingual English baby.)

What about the Young's double slit experiment with Buckyballs? Here's a write up I found

That's a complex molecule trans-morphing into a wave and a particle just like the photon/electron double slit experiment. Proof of spontaneous "material" metamorphosis?

[edit on 25-5-2008 by Shakesbeer]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Dam, I wanna meet her...... I bet she can do a lot of tricks

[edit on 25-5-2008 by pak88]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shakesbeer
That's a complex molecule trans-morphing into a wave and a particle just like the photon/electron double slit experiment. Proof of spontaneous "material" metamorphosis?

Yes, but these experiments, as I stated, use extranious sources and forces, such as ourselves to carry them out.

These "spontaneous material metamorphosis" are not transmutating elemental states, rather they are interfering with theirselves and they are staying the attributes of their energetic property even if divided in two from one or experiencing a form of temporary mitosis and then eventual convergence.

This is also far different from the animorphing cat woman.

Of course any change in material would be considered spontaneous metamorphosis, especially that of the hutchison experiment. I am in reference to not only biological creatures undergoing these "controlled" instantaneous mutations but heteromorphic material silhouette changes and life form alterations while experiencing a continuity of homoconsciousness.

This is heavy stuff, far beyond... "oh well, it's possible."

[edit on 25-5-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Sounds to me like an african on a motercycle hit a woman and didn't want to go to prison for it (or get impaled, since that's what they do in Africa), so he made up the ridiculous story that it was a cat that turned into a woman.

LOL @ People here who are believing the story.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by AgentStovkowski]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ameneter
reply to post by UnD3rg0uND

Only in Nigeria could someone come up with an alibi such as this and be believed. So this woman was not only the victim of a hit and run cyclist she almost became the victim of a superstitious mob! Mankind has a long way to go.

Exactly.

But what do you expect from a people that have sub-human IQ? Of course they are going to believe in magic and voodoo and all this ridiculous stuff.

Average adult IQ in Nigeria = 64. That is about the IQ of a 8 year old child American child.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Jackdaw

You're right Mr Jack, I was wrong. I apologize for singling out Nigeria. Superstitions fueled by ignorance is a trait common to all cultures. Thanks for your correction.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
This is heavy stuff, far beyond... "oh well, it's possible."

I believe that was menguard's point too actually...

Just like everyone pointed out here, these stories are old and we consider them myths. Just like everything else we don't understand at first, like electricity, the weather, human flight, atomic energy, and now the whole quantum theory/string theory/TOE/etheric/hyper-dimensional/subtle energy thing...so why is that idea so "crazy" again in this place of conversation? Even after there is evidence clearing indicating a "spontaneous metamorphosis of 'matter' or 'material'", material like the aforementioned complex carbon Buckyball(about the size of human DNA btw)? Oh and especially considering we're posting this very interaction at a place where I have read about "Alien hunters who use bull p*ss & weed killer-filled super soakers in their time traveling ice cream van(has something to do with the aluminum but you'll have to ask 'Ramius' about that one..)":See this thread for details .... :|

In the very least, these experiments give rise to very rational questions about matter's ability to trans morph into other states of existence.

I enjoy how the skeptics base most of their "scientific" opinions on old experiments that where based on principles we know do not enitrely explain the physical universe. Not that I'm calling you "LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal" a skeptic (if you are cool, whatever...), or that I believe the story for that matter, I'm just saying you have no more proof that it's not true anymore then anyone else who might say it is...

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

We are talking about a society that is extremely different fome our own. Superstition is still very strong amongst them, and they obviously felt very threatened by the woman. I dont think we can understand what they believe because we are just so ...different.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by raven bombshell]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

I have proof that it's not true. Material states do not work in such a fashion.

It is completely ignorant to use the "you can't prove it doesn't exist" when it doesn't tangibly exist to begin with argument.

I'm going to tell you that I transmutate into an airplane at night and fly passengers from N.Y. to L.A. You are stupid to give me the benefit of the doubt. You are ignorant to say "I can't prove it didn't happen, therefore my claim is as good as yours!"

There's a fine line between delusional idiocy and scientific physical experimentation. Let's keep the two separated and well understood.

Matter does transmorph into every state of energetical existence. Energy is recycled.

On the subject of this story, none of this is really efficiently applicable.

I'm not gunna argue with you over the cat woman nor what mengaurd meant. If you want a full blown explanation as to why not then you can have it.

The slit experiments are nothing new, these things were known in Einstenian times. Energy is eternal, thus recycled, thus transmutational.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

I agree.

As my signature says, one cannot remove their critical faculties in an attempt to be non-judgmental or avoid so-called narrow mindedness. Some people will entertain anything to avoid the possibility that what they believe may be wrong or skewed. And that goes for both sides of any coin. Sometimes the act of "acceptance of anything" while stopping short of firm belief has begun to reach religious levels.

When did it become taboo to use our brain, yet still have the courage to come to a defend-able conclusion?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

So you're saying it's not true because you say so then? because you haven't seen proof contrary? Yet opening the door to matter technically changing states of existence as we perceive it does not some how constitute as much ground for argument as "I say so because 'science' has told me so"? I just want to make sure I understand your perspective here. Yeah the story is fantastic for sure, just saying life is a little more interesting when you don't close your mind so quickly. Even if the odds are this is complete crap...

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   

don't close your mind so quickly. Even if the odds are this is complete crap...

My mind is completely open, that's why this is tripefull crap.

As I said, there is a very fine line between science and subjective delusion.

There are things that the universe can and can not do given the specified circumstances.

Is it capable of anything? I believe so. Is it capable of spontaneous anything? No. We have to make these things a reality through our technology. Let's not be so dimly gullible.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by zarlaan

i agree man, but people will do anything to get publicity so i think the man and woman were in on it and that they thought they would get money for the story

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Okay then I guess it's untrue because you say it is, thanks for your opinion
Good to know we have a biological-metamorphic expert on board here at ATS...I'm assuming you have some kind of credentials or references to back my ascertains up of course

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I found it interesting that they were unable to 'kill' the pastor.
Presumably thats because the demonic nature of the 'cat' women could not overcome the power of God.

It is precisely because of these sorts of beliefs that God uses supernatural signs and wonders in the church in the third world.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Okay then I guess it's untrue because you say it is, thanks for your opinion

As textually demonstrated earlier in this thread I gave a rough explanation of why this is not possible, if you can not understand it then go ahead and join mengaurd while I speak more Japanese.

Good to know we have a biological-metamorphic expert on board here at ATS...

Sure. We're all biologically metamorphic.

I'm assuming you have some kind of credentials or references to back my ascertains up of course.

I don't have to back up anything that you ascertain, only that of which I do.

I don't volley secluded banter with mindless fools. You two can enjoy yourself and your belief in the African feline animorph. Go get scientifically educated please and leave your faithful prayers out of this. I don't deal with that duty.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

mindless what now? I'm sorry did I offend you some how? I thought we where just having a conversation here. I'm sorry if you feel the need to get so defensive for absolutely no reason...especially when I haven't disagreed with you.

But thanks again for your level headed(although quiet overly assuming) opinion of course..

oh and, no you're the poopy head...since the ever scientific and rational name calling argument has been entered in to the discussion..

[edit on 25-5-2008 by Shakesbeer]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join