It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brain Implantation..Information is the Modern Day version of Warfare.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

I can feel and imagine the pain he is causing himself and those around him. i can see it through all eyes. This is why i even speak... because he is me.. i am his father.. his mother, sister and brother. I see what he could be without this hanging around his neck. Your possible future bekons me to save you.

I want to help him see that this type of experiement would be proven useless very rapidly. If this was real you would never suspect anything. As a ninja i can garantee you that.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Are you addressing me, or MemoryShock? or GENERAL EYES or Heike?

And wouldn't it be better to let us learn our paths for ourselves?

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
There is nothing i could say to you. You will always rationalize your beliefs.

I could sit here and list all of these ways that your proof is "imagined" yet you will say that it is real and there is some sort of agenda behind it.

Same thing on my end. I could sit here and list all the ways your narrow mindedness prevents you from being able to see beyond your nose...but you'll just rationalize that it is 'impossible' and that there is no point to experimenting on people.

While I do not purport to use past examples of experimentation as associated proof of my situation, I wonder what you would have said to victims of the Tuskagee experiment - that there is no reason for people to test on them? What about MK-Ultra? Yup. The human race doesn't have any vested interest in learning how to control another human being.

Again, I concede that my situation is resultant of my own delusion (been sober for over a month by the way and symptoms persist). So I can tackle 'my issue' from more than one angle.

Why can't you concede the possibility that it isn't imagined? Because you have experienced the persective of every human in the world? You really have all of that data and as such can be accurately defined as an authority on everyone's delusions of reality or lack thereof.

To be honest, your adamant position that you can speak for every example of possible human manipulation is a bit more extraordinary than the suspicions I have expressed in this thread...

You hear voices... go to a doctor get medication for a problem then claim the medication did nothing, so why return to get help right?

There is no treatment for tinitus...much less voices. So yeah...pyschological treatment is out of the question as it is just rationalizing anyway and psychiatric treatment is out of the question because it invariably requires an imperfect an unknown manipulation of neuro brain chemistry (what do you think psychotropics are but ways to stimulate specific neuro transmitters)...but you knew that already, didn't you?

As far as physically investigating by way of surgery...yeah, not even a consideration.

I could sit here and list all of these ways that your proof is "imagined" yet you will say that it is real and there is some sort of agenda behind it. I would have to be there with you... i woul dhave ot spend every day with you to make sure you dont make up some proof to rationalize ANYTHING icould possibly say and incorperate it into the "agenda".

Personally, I don't give a rats anything if you believe me. I decided to post my experience as a means to gain feedback to see about the delusion factor. So no...you wouldn't "need" to be here because I don't give a sh*t about your opinion. What I do care about is you disrupting without any intelligent reason, save for your very personal and one dimensional opinion, on why it would be impossible for my life to be as I have suspiced in these pages...

Serisouly look at it from my perspective.....

This thread was/is for you and others to see it from my perspective. Start your own thread if you want this to be about you.

There is absolutly nothing i can do for you beause your mind will always come up with an explination... be it mystical... ethereal... extraterrestrial... governemnt... jesus....

Again...don't want you to do anything for me. I still function despite these suspicions and I also do not believe in abstract spiritual...such as ghosts or God.

This experiement has no PURPOSE. If they got this adanved tech form ET they would already be able to use avanced computers to mdel teh biological interaction with technology.

I never said it was from ET. Your assumptions and preconceptions are preventing you from any kind of productive reasonings.

Thers no reason to implant an ACTIVE citizen with this technology.

Really?

Pentagon to implant microchips in soldier's brains

Soldier is still a citizen and there are many reasons to experiment on people. Especially as technology advances.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I can feel and imagine the pain he is causing himself and those around him. i can see it through all eyes. This is why i even speak... because he is me.. i am his father.. his mother, sister and brother. I see what he could be without this hanging around his neck. Your possible future bekons me to save you.

I want to help him see that this type of experiement would be proven useless very rapidly. If this was real you would never suspect anything. As a ninja i can garantee you that.

There are so many problems with that post I don't even know where to begin.

And ninjas wear black...which means that they are darker than the night they prance around in and thusly can be seen.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I see people circling the drain. There are some mental conditions you cannot escape yourself. If i were ignorant enough to believe in reincartion there would be no reason to both would there? why save anyone because they all really deserve to suffer and die right?

If any of you want to exit your little fantasy world send me a u2u. Im done here.. its just to painfull to be confronted with such circular logic.

Ninjas dont really wear black for that reason. Pity you didnt think of that yourself.

[edit on 1-3-2009 by Wertdagf]

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

If any of you want to exit your little fantasy world send me a u2u. Im done here.. its just to painfull to be confronted with such circular logic.

For the record, the circular logic you speak of was described, assumed and practiced on your part. I suggested we talk specifically and even stated that I have and will concede that delusion is the cause.

You stayed within your generalized and assumptive expression...

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
good luck

2nd line. When and if i get power to help you i will visit you personaly

[edit on 1-3-2009 by Wertdagf]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

I think some of the other posters may have misread the passion you've expressed, but I understand (I believe) that you would like nothing more than to help bring an end to any kind of evil like the topic at hand, yet simply do not possess the means. Sometimes desperation can appear as hostility, which is what may be the case here.

I do indeed wish there was a way you could help, Wertdagf, or anyone else so inclined.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Linked for relevance to the thread. Even if I am implant free, the topic is still fascinating...
...and the implant in this human example was placed in 1978...

Jerry, who was one of the first two subjects to receive the brain implants in 1978, successfully demonstrated that this limited artificial vision could serve as an aid to the blind. Never before had such a feat been accomplished.

Artificial Vision: Can Brain Implants Make the Blind See?
Video Link

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Beyond the Two Main Explanations

As I've shown elsewhere, the clinical description for what you are experiencing is called "Paranoid Schizophrenia". That label exactly matches hearing voices, feelings of remote harassment etc.

The conspiracy-theory explanation involves remote mind-control, psychotronic manipulation, etc.

In this post I`d like to go beyond those two explanations and offer a third alternative which I've already touched on. I`d like to view it as a spiritual phenomena called entity-possession. . I´d like to say that I neither think you are crazy (the mainstream explanation), nor are a group of people harassing you for no specific purpose (CT explanation).

I understand you are a skeptic of spiritual explanations, but bear with me. Within spiritual tradition what you are experiencing is known and explained. I´ll put it in my words:

For whatever reason the energy-alignment of the body-mind-soul is dislodged. Thats as if the dial of a radio-receiver is mis-tuned, has been jerked away from the correct frequency and is now receiving frequencies not in tune with the "normal-world-reality". If some shock or traumatic event was involved in this dislodging, it may also attract so-called "entities"...which are parasitical discarnate energy-spins which tend to taunt human subjects with voices, commands, mockery, repetitive thinking and compulsions.

So thats it. Thats my actual explanation which I have been withholding until you get those brain-scans and find out there are no implants. I thought that then you might be more inclined not to reject the theory outright.

The disalignment of your body-mind-energy-field may or may not have been caused by real-life personas or "handlers".

My personal view is that if something does not cause relief or healing, then that "something" is not the correct solution, no matter how plausible it looks. Checking whether or not my theory has any merit can be done through specific types of "clearing" or "releasing" type Meditations which directly address various energy-vortexes, belief-patterns and stuck emotions. It is my opinion that doing such practice for about a month should erase the problem in its entirety (if Im right).

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
As I've shown elsewhere, the clinical description for what you are experiencing is called "Paranoid Schizophrenia". That label exactly matches hearing voices, feelings of remote harassment etc.

It does not "exactly match". The condition of "paranoid schizophrenia" is an inexact grouping of symptoms in an effort to hone in on a defintion for anti-social behaviour but anti-social behaviour that is demonstratably adverse through the inferred interpretation skills of the "diagnosed" individual.

Subsequent explanations post dating the propagation of the very socially connotative but medically inaccurate terminology of "paranoid schizophrenia" includes various dissociation disorders and social disconnects. I mentioned to someone recently that the success rate in India of "Schizophrenia" is incredibly relevant in that they necessarily required an explicit inclusion of family and friends in the treatment process to interact with the social aspects of shizophrenia (since these symptoms are usually resultant of an aberration/mis-interpretation of social protocol and mis projected expectations...in my analysis anyway)...

So I am sure but respective when I discount without further consideration a term that is more a social slur than it is an accurate medical definition.

The conspiracy-theory explanation involves remote mind-control, psychotronic manipulation, etc.

The conspiracy also involves many other factors...including percieved positives from involved individuals. The voices are indeed suggestive of remote influence of whatever sort as much as it is an indication of mental/psychological irregularity but there are other expressed experiences in this thread that suggest the 'phenomena of hearing voices' isn't the sole basis for presumption of external manipulations.

In this post I`d like to go beyond those two explanations and offer a third alternative which I've already touched on. I`d like to view it as a spiritual phenomena called entity-possession. . I´d like to say that I neither think you are crazy (the mainstream explanation), nor are a group of people harassing you for no specific purpose (CT explanation).

I certainly take no offense from you Sky as I understand fully the limb I placed myslef upon in expressing what I have here...

For whatever reason the energy-alignment of the body-mind-soul is dislodged.

Certainly. Social interaction and "normal" intellectual/social collaborations were interfered with and as such my attentions internalized in an effort to not react. I have always been of the mindset that I would like to understand prior to reacting...and many social interactions have unfortunately suffered for such an irrational attention to social responsibility (perhaps?)

it may also attract so-called "entities"...which are parasitical discarnate energy-spins which tend to taunt human subjects with voices, commands, mockery, repetitive thinking and compulsions.

First, what are these entities and where do you presume they come from?

Second, if I have never heard of them, then how do you know they 'tend to taunt et cetera"?

If this is an attempt to personify thought processes' and psychological perceptions to alleviate social insecurities then I must confess that I have been there and done that. It certainly isn't as easy as perception and a change of diet (as diet and activity can effect, usually positively, one's outlook and subsequent interpretation of events as most of us here are aware of...
).

So thats it. Thats my actual explanation which I have been withholding until you get those brain-scans and find out there are no implants. I thought that then you might be more inclined not to reject the theory outright.

I thank you for your consideration and emphatically so. You were one of the few that allowed such "craziness" to be discussed rationally. But, as I said, there are experiences expressed that seem much more likely to have occurred in reality and not through a metaphysical and heretofor unknown medium of reality.

My personal view is that if something does not cause relief or healing, then that "something" is not the correct solution, no matter how plausible it looks.

I think that you may be confusing things here. An action in response to a situation is "correct" (and we can actually discuss the subjective sensability of such an absolute) if it causes relief or healing. Attributing a definition or explanation to the cause of events does not need to be either healing or causative of relief (unless one really and truly feels better when understanding/comprehension occurs); it is merely an explanation and helps the process of assertaining the proper course of action.

I drift. I spend a lot of time on an internet forum. I have questions regarding my past. I have dubious issues with my family. And I have specific experiences to communicate which seemingly support uninvited manipulations.

But I am not asking for anything but a venue to communicate...and as well have used the situation as a means to consider perspectives that a "normal" individual can't really experience...

Whether or not I am paranoid or experiencing a heretofore unexplainable phenomena is actually not my concern. I generally think that I have an accurate assessment of reality which has been substantiated by unaffiliated social interactions. In fact, I am generally considered a relevant source of intelligence when the topical matter is not this one.

When it is this topic, I have experienced some pretty emphatic assertions of my "stupidity" and "delusion".

I ask one...if I can be accurately viewed as correct and sane in every topic save for this one (consistently) then how can I be so wrong about this?

Keep in mind...I was told that I broke a window with my hand but sported only one cut and a very symmetrical one at that (there are now people who can substantiate the symmetry of the cut).

I'm not buying that I misinterpret or am the victim of either physiological aborration or supernatural affectation.

I'm sorry but that is a staunch position I will take and in no way should you take offense to such a position. Indeed, the topic and potential you brought up is interesting and worthy of discussion...

Checking whether or not my theory has any merit can be done through specific types of "clearing" or "releasing" type Meditations which directly address various energy-vortexes, belief-patterns and stuck emotions. It is my opinion that doing such practice for about a month should erase the problem in its entirety (if Im right).

Again, with all due respect, the above seems to me more of a coping mechanism and reframing/reaffirmation of personal opinion and direction than a valid experiment for the validation of the entity possession.

Again..with all due respect.

Edit for tags...

[edit on Tue, 14 Apr 2009 01:19:06 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
First, what are these entities and where do you presume they come from?

Entities are known in Buddhism, Hinduism, western "Energy Therapy" and new-age-type-counseling, Shamanism, Castaneda-ism and many other spiritual thought-systems.

Christians call them "Demons" but that is an outdated term, imo. In my experience they are "energy-vortexes", caused by extreme and contradictory emotions ("bad vibes") clashing, starting to spin and take on a life of their own.

Second, if I have never heard of them, then how do you know they 'tend to taunt et cetera"?

Some tend to taunt, some dont.

If this is an attempt to personify thought processes' and psychological perceptions to alleviate social insecurities then I must confess that I have been there and done that.

No, its a concrete field of study and work. You dont find that much on it because most are not willing to look there.

It certainly isn't as easy as perception and a change of diet (as diet and activity can effect, usually positively, one's outlook and subsequent interpretation of events as most of us here are aware of...

Again, in my opinion it can be dissolved with certain types of meditations which have been specifically desgined for work-with-entities, remote-influence, hearing-voices etc. and exist since thousands of years (longer than any modern-day-psychology definition which completely rejects the supernatural).

I thank you for your consideration and emphatically so. You were one of the few that allowed such "craziness" to be discussed rationally. But, as I said, there are experiences expressed that seem much more likely to have occurred in reality and not through a metaphysical and heretofor unknown medium of reality.

The entity-phenomenon includes effects on a physical and daily-life level.

I ask one...if I can be accurately viewed as correct and sane in every topic save for this one (consistently) then how can I be so wrong about this?

Nobody says you are wrong or what happened did not happen. Im just saying you might want to include the possibility of what you call "the supernatural". It is my opinion that it may be more easy to solve from that level.

Again, with all due respect, the above seems to me more of a coping mechanism and reframing/reaffirmation of personal opinion and direction than a valid experiment for the validation of the entity possession.

You misunderstand what I mean by "energy-work" and "Meditation". Dont think some sweet, pink self-help book, think shamanic sweat-lodge, hardcore-sensory deprivation, confrontative-inner-focus, etc.

Im not denying that this may involve handlers and it may involve mind-control. All Im saying is that the root cause and solution are one level higher.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
No, its a concrete field of study and work. You dont find that much on it because most are not willing to look there.

Before I respond to the other aspects of your post could you please forward some references to this field of work?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Im U2Uing several different sources of this type of work but not posting publicly because certain people dont publicly want to be associated with it.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Ah, I was wondering when this would happen. We're presented here with a phenomena that, despite much rational investigation, has yielded no tangible 'proof', either for or against the claims.

Yet the preponderance of subjective evidence and rationality has remained, and holds, in itself, a weight of "there may be something to this" and "it seems unlikely this is all just imagining or delusion".

So we now go into a realm that the public perception of the modern rational community abhors - rational unknowability. Consider this quote from Donald Rumsfeld:

There are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we now know we don’t know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don’t know.

Very much of the general public has a real problem with this quote. It seems nonsense to them. It doesn't to me - in fact, it alludes to a distinction I believe is ignored by the 'surface media' - that of unscientific rationality.

Simply extend Rumsfeld's comment somewhat, from "unknown unknowns" to "unknowable unknowns". That is a rational acceptance that there may be phenomena that, by their very nature, we cannot 'wrap' our rationality around, in a completely known configuration.

What would that imply? To me, it's the distinction between rationality - what we have been practising on this thread - and scientific rationality. The disctinction (in my non-rigorous opinion) is that scientific rationality desires that everything in our existence and experience, that it would address, be not only discussable rationally, but also have elements of objectivity observability, communicability, and observational reproducibility.

Thus, a scientifically rational explanation or theory is one that can be disproven and proven, within boolean boundaries that its definitions establish. And that status can be objectively confirmed, in a consistent manner. It's a wonderful tool, and a great blessing that the universe cooperates in such analysis!

But is such means of investigation the only tool required for a complete understanding of the universe and experience? I don't think such closure, or lack thereof, can be proven (although fans of Godel might disagree). It is my intuition (and experience) that existence contains some elements that, by their very nature perhaps, are not analyzable by scientific rationality.

What does that imply? Well, first perhaps, that the labels we use to describe those various aspects are not consistent between individuals. Second, that the manifestations of such phenomena are not consistent, even to a single individual, upon multiple observation. Consider, for example, the commonalities between various 'alien' phenomena, psycho-spiritual phenomena, and psychological phenomena. In their manifestations, both in terms of communicated subjective experience, and in terms of scientifically observable second-order phenomena caused by reaction thereto, there are elements which we can note similar patterns within.

Indeed, that's what begs the very necessity of such study - that there are commonalities, patterns that we can see. Are these patterns 'real'? Well, that's a question that we must leave behind - as definitive agreement on whether something is 'real' is a scientific question. But we should never 'leave behind' in any inflexible way - the purpose of such explorations beyond the scientific is not only exploration, but also malleability in the use of rationality, and that implies that if we can find determinable, agreeable, provable expression, we should, and should work to express that.

The main skill for an open-mind, in my opinion, is implicit mapping. This is achievable only with empathy. This skill requires an attempt to truly understand the unscientific expressions and communications of another, within a rational framework, even if the construction of such does not mesh with one's own. This is where our own unrealized assumptions, biases and fears lead us astray - the natural motive of the mind is to object, and we object on the basis of our own configurations, consciously or subconsciously. By realizing and acknowledging that, and ourselves, we can start to build 'maps' - saying such as "Well, this person describes their experience in terms of government abduction. This person describes experience in terms of demonic possession. How can those belief systems be paralleled?"

Many people consider such mapping as a form of delusion. Indeed, if one is limited to a single belief configuration, required for their rationality to function at all, then that is the case. However, by expanding the rationally expressible beyond a single consistent belief system, all the while acknowledging that that is exactly what we are doing, and the unscientific nature thereof, such explorations do not devolve into irrationality and chaos.

I belief this 'metaprogramming' of the human capacity of belief, under the auspices of self-aware extended rationality and acceptance of the unknown, is what Skyfloating is advocating. I'm all for that - as long as one is very wary, and open with self and others, about possible belief systems that bely expression. As mentioned, the configuration of thinking in some belief systems can act as an 'energy vortex', the confirmation and connections therein acting as attractors to continued embracement. Thus, some people get "lost down the rabbit hole", and I wouldn't advocate such explorations to anyone who didn't realize that with their eyes open.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

I agree that there are belief systems which, by the very nature of being a unique individual, are logically unknowable external to the one possessing an atypical belief. However, wouldn't it be more productively unifying towards global harmony if -- scientifically-speaking -- less-common belief systems could be communicated in terms of not only maximizing understanding as much as possible, but in allowing others to partake in a hands-on fashion if they so chose? Surely the term "unknowable" should not be taken literally, else why pursue knowledge?

Your post prompted curiosity as it was read. . .

Safe to say, I think, that those who have been places or seen or heard something unusual, whether small or life-changing in scope, do indeed believe that such has occurred. If no explanation exists, no explanation exists…also safe to say.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptionToChoose
I agree that there are belief systems which, by the very nature of being a unique individual, are logically unknowable external to the one possessing an atypical belief. However, wouldn't it be more productively unifying towards global harmony if -- scientifically-speaking -- less-common belief systems could be communicated in terms of not only maximizing understanding as much as possible, but in allowing others to partake in a hands-on fashion if they so chose?

I agree totally. In my observation, the vast majority of existence behaves in a scientifically-describable manner -- that is, in ways that are agreeably communicable, persistent, and subject to experimental confirmation. And, it seems, in areas where the universe does not act that way, to our perception, at exactly that location is where scientific investigation should be applied! It's been that way for centuries - science looks at the 'irrational' or 'illogical', attempts and attempts hypothesis and description, and muddles forward. Attempting to apply first rationality, then the scientific method to the 'unagreed' boundaries of human experience is the creative part of science!

But how is that done, in practice? The scientific mind must 'step forth', into those areas. So, for example, in investigating the phenomena of alien encounter, for example, the first step is to get past the "they're all irrational and deluded" presumption, and allow the rational mind to work, regardless of unmet scientific criteria. Then, expand from there, if possible, or not.

Surely the term "unknowable" should not be taken literally, else why pursue knowledge?

I don't know. Why pursue knowledge? I have no answer for that. Some part of me, perhaps, feels that as a 'security issue' - an animal need to control and master my environment, to categorize all possible threats and survival paths. 'Full knowledge' is very alluring to that instinct, and that's not a bad instinct at all. Love of knowledge, also, is quite a draw, but is that drive rational? If so, I can't prove it.

The term "unknowable" implies that, as an intrinsic quality, something or portion of existence or belief system is not completely describable, in terms of the abilities or axioms of that belief system or existence. It's quite a ego-hit to completely accept that possibility, and in fact the popular scientific worldview is often seen as 'unobjective' and 'arrogant' because it admits no such possibility. I say 'popular' worldview, because various modern scientific theories, especially in physics, do imply "unknowability", when extrapolated from the mathematical to the philosophical -- which is causing considerable consternation and denigration of such practice from the scientific community.

The "unknowability" postulated by a particular belief system may not be admitted to in all of the belief systems we exhibit. And, in my opinion, should not be, let we inadvertently label as axiomatic that which is merely ignorant. Consider, for example, the religious principle that one cannot know "the mind of God". That hasn't stopped Jesuits and other theosophs from attempting centuries of rational (albiet, unscientific) discussion of the idea! Nor any threat to their belief systems, apparently.

In fact, I consider that some belief systems need such a "leap of faith", in order to achieve their full utility, fruition. This connects to the concept of 'psycho-spiritual events', the theory that, in a causal manner not currently scientifically describable, the emotional and belief configurations an individual engages in 'attract' (in a way transcending cause and effect) the non-determinable manifestation of their physical experience. I'm no 'expert' on these theories (and perhaps no one is), but they certainly are an interesting and flexible way of thinking!

If no explanation exists, no explanation exists…also safe to say.

I consider eyewitness testimony and description, such as provided by the OP, to be reliable evidence and explanation. Just not necessarily scientifically useful evidence or explanation. The line blurred there is whether something 'exists' if it's not scientific, which I think it does. Thus, the quest to make such evidence and explanation fit into a scientific belief system, or otherwise rationally consistent (and hopefully useful to others!) form of communication.

Okay, I better stop ranting before I become too ungrounded in the practical. I love conversations like this.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

There is no death until brain dead so the elite preserve their brains the cyborg style to live forever after their bodies quit.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Deep brain stimulation can now be used to treat obsessive compulsive disorder, or OCD, which causes uncontrollable worries and anxiety in its sufferers. Medtronic’s Reclaim deep-brain stimulation (DBS) device received approval from the Food and Drug Administration after a study of 26 patients with severe OCD that showed a 40 percent reduction in symptoms after a year of deep brain stimulation therapy. All the patients had tried and failed other therapies [Chicago Tribune].

The Reclaim device is implanted under the skin of the chest and then connected to four electrodes in the brain.
Link

Linked for relevance, to the thread title anyway.

Rhetorical Questions resulting from this are...

- What were the parameters for diagnosing the OCD?

- Is there a process to observe the OCD symptoms around the clock. A study like this almost requires not only as much recorded information as possible but professional interpretations (rather than a survey asking the levels of comparable comfort of discomfort felt)?

- What was the process used to determine an average 40% decrease in symptoms?

- Regarding the following, "The electrodes deliver steady pulses of electricity that block abnormal brain signals", what was the process used to determine abnormal brain signals?

- Regarding the above, how specified were the pulses of electricity and what was the certainty that they didn't effect unintended portions of the brain?

Relevant questions in my opinion as the following 'conclusion' indicates a pretty scary inference...

Hooman Azmi, a neurosurgeon at Hackensack University Medical Center, said, “This is essentially like a pacemaker for the brain”.

...that consistent stimulation of the brain can induce unintended entrainments of brain wave activity resulting in a static personality that is less inclined to react consistently to external/social stimulii...

Interesting times indeed.

As for the personal aspects of this thread, I am abandoning further expression of its' respect to fully allow for time to look into the topic suggested by Skyfloating...

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Ask you shall blah blah blah...

Here's a free article not of the specific study headed up by Dr. Greenberg that your reference cites, but nevertheless of a similar study.

Three-year outcomes in deep brain stimulation for highly resistant obsessive-compulsive disorder.

Since Dr. Greenberg's stuff seems to be all published at places that require one to buy the full article, and I'm cheap, I didn't look past their abstracts. Here's one of interest:
The evolution of deep brain stimulation for neuropsychiatric disorders

Since this treatment has been approved for Parkinson's patients since the late 90's, the most accessible descriptions of how it works are from that area. But since both major depression and obsessive-compulsive disorder also seem to have dopaminergic system abnormality components, I think the application is probably pretty similar.

[edit on 4/17/2009 by americandingbat]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join