It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brain Implantation..Information is the Modern Day version of Warfare.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Nothing concrete.

link   

Nothing concrete.

Edit to add: Triple post apparently.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by MemoryShock]

link   

Nothing concrete.

Edit to add: Double Post.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Wasp inspires brain-boring surgical robot A BRAIN-boring robot that burrows its way through tissue in the same way a wasp digs through wood could make keyhole surgery safer.

The female wood wasps of the Siricidae family use a needle-like ovipositor to deposit eggs inside pine trees. This has two dovetailed shafts, each covered in backward-facing teeth. To bore into wood, the wasp rapidly oscillates each shaft backwards and forwards. As the shaft is pulled backwards, its sharp teeth catch in the wood's tissue and prevent it from retreating, so with each oscillation the ovipositor takes a small step forward. The tension created by the gripping teeth braces the shaft and prevents the needle from buckling or breaking. "It can insinuate itself into the tissue with the minimum amount of force," says Ferdinando Rodriguez y Baena at Imperial College London.

Now, a team that includes Rodriguez y Baena is mimicking this mechanism to create.
www.blacklistednews.com...

maybe a little off topic but the technology today???? it's highly probable. must go but i will be back.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Look dude,

the only reason you havent gotten x-rayed yet must be because you are concerned about it. What might those concerns be?

Should you just go and get x-rays to check if you have brain implants and it turns out that you dont, that does not automatically mean that you are crazy. There are other means to target an individual without any physical objects required whatsoever.

And if it turns out that you do have implants, you are wiser for it and have also made a major contribution to truth for this world. This world is lost in darkness. Any shred of truth is a blessing.

And if there is a concern about the unlikely event of being kept at the hospital or being reported and suddenly disappearing (in case the conspiracy is really this vast), all of us here will know. Because you will have reported your visit here or by U2U shortly before entering the doctors rooms. In that case all hell would break loose here, rest assured. And those perpetrators certainly wouldnt want that to happen.

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Although I've recalled having seen x-rays, doesn't mean what I saw was the truth either. Since it's also been suggested we may have unseen visitors around us in some form, I think it's also safe to assume there may not be any physical evidence. It may be possibly they can manipulate natural minerals within the body to also make these connections. There's so much we don't really know.

Just as one example I found a link that's most likely already been mentioned in this thread and it may than suggest these forces are magnetic forms such as entities. I suppose a person might find a reliable psychic as well.

en.wikipedia.org...

My personal experience was that when having purchased and tried sleeping with one of those Japanese magnetic pillows, my dreams were bizarre and chaotic. Possibly some type of interference. Not much different from some other alleged materials and the alleged fictional series Taken.

I would consider some type of magnet on the side of the head I was hearing things just for the heck of it. Changes in atmospheric pressure and with the brain may show some clue if it's related or affected to swelling or shrinking around the brain, regardless of it being natural or implanted. Since I've changed my diet from additives such as salicylates, I've had less migraines and various swelling. MSG and it's other hidden forms could be partially responsible as well.

The above therapy may also be prescribed for a related condition.

[edit on 16-2-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
us-government-torture.com

Wow! The size and pictures of those things is amazing!

The photos contained in this document are of microstimulator devices that
were surgically recovered and analyzed by using microscopy and by materials
charcterization techniques. The recovered devices are an exact match for the
devices that were developed by research scientists Joseph Schulman, Gerald
Loeb and Philip Troyk under contract from the National Institutes of Health.
There are about 4 contracts involved, but the initial contract was
#N01-NS5-2325 and funded by the NIH/NINDS/NPP. More information regarding
these contracts can be found at the NIH Neural Prosthesis Project website.
The following list briefly outlines some of the evidence presented in this
document: 1. Microstimulator devices have been surgically recovered by a
Physician in Los Angeles CA.2. Devices have been analyzed using Energy
Dispersive Spectroscopy (EDS) at Photometrics (materials characterization
lab, Huntington Beach, CA) and confirm the presence of Silicon, Chlorine and
other materials used in semiconductor processing. 3. The recovered devices
show fabrication and design methods which uniquely belong to research
scientists Joseph Schulman, Gerald Loeb and Philip Troyk, and are detailed
in their U.S. Patent office filings. The recovered devices precisely match
these patents....

This was over 10 years ago! This seems like hard evidence; I wonder if there was any resolution to this case? I search briefly for follow-ups, but couldn't find any recent news.

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean

This was over 10 years ago! This seems like hard evidence; I wonder if there was any resolution to this case? I search briefly for follow-ups, but couldn't find any recent news.

The guy seems to still be fighting – or at least was in November:

Disclosure
It is imperative that the incoming Obama administration knows what has occurred and that all of these intelligence sources and methods (as well as activities) are properly and effectively transitioned. I have been asked by a U.S. Senator to meet with David Grannis of the Senate Intelligence Committee and I look forward to meeting with appropriate personnel in Washington after the holiday break. I am asking that Hayden and his contract personnel cease and desist from further physical abuse, reprisal and retaliation. My disclosures to Senate members are appropriate and show that in this instance, by keeping these secrets from the legislative branch, the lack of oversight has resulted in misuse and the result is that I have been forced to seek help and disclose program details to hundreds of unauthorized individuals including U.N. officials.

Note: the website asks for funds to help the legal process; linking to it is in no way meant to be a suggestion to donate.
Disclosure

posted on Feb, 17 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

It does seem like actual proof that this has occurred. I am still wading through it (along with everything else I do here) and am encoraged. The documentation seems prolific and comprehensive; I would definitely like to contact this individual if at all possible.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Cool, interesting thread.

I will now draw courage from y'all to tell what I've never told anyone, even my husband. Of course, I may still be paranoid, insane, crazy, or all the above .. but this thread makes me wonder if maybe .. just maybe.. it's not all in my head.

First I'm going to throw out the anomalous facts as I know them, and see if any of you have any "ideas" before I tell you my ideas.

1) I look exactly like my mother. Family members have difficulty telling baby & young child pictures of us apart.

2) I am an only female child, my mother was an only female child, my grandmother was an only female child, my great grandmother was an only female child.

3) In those 4 generations, not one single father has managed to be around to raise his daughter. Mine was ousted by divorce, my grandfather died before my mother was born, her grandfather "ran away" and the one before that was killed when the girl was 2 or 3 years old.

4) When I was a few weeks old my mother dumped me onto my paternal grandparents and visited me 2 or 3 times a year. Then suddenly when I was almost 4, an American soldier showed up, married her, and insisted that I be part of the package. Off the new "instant family" went to America.

5) Starting at age 4 through about 14, I've had a continuous serious of strange men who molested me. A neighbor here, an apartment manager there. All seemed to know when and how to find me alone and how to convince me to keep quiet (by threatening to tell my mother I'd done something wrong).

Note: My stepfather remained in the Army until long after I left home, and we never stayed in one place longer than 2 years until I was 15 years old.

6) The timeline of my childhood from age 4 to age 13 is incoherent. Some relatives say I was at their house one Summer, my parents say I was somewhere else, I don't remember being either place. I have more than once tried to sit down and actually build a timeline of where I was when for those 9 years, and I can't do it. There are gaps... And I remember being places at certain times that my parents said I wasn't.

7) No one can account for how & when I learned English. I left Germany one Summer speaking only German, and started school in the Fall speaking English. My stepfather's mother claimed I learned English from watching TV over a period of less than six weeks. My stepfather's mother & sister have "stories" of what I did there that Summer, but I remember nearly none of it.
Furthermore, my cousin doesn't remember me being there although he lived there at the time I was supposed to have been there (he was about 14).

8) By age 7 I had read my mother's entire library (without her knowledge) including the complete works of Rudyard Kipling, in English. (I know this because my Dad recalls her punishing me for it).

9) Although my mother started working outside the home when I was 5, I never had a babysitter. (Dad was in the Army and was seldom around, so he wasn't taking care of me).

10) Except for a few "flashbacks" which consist of moments or minutes in time, I have no consistent memories prior to age 10.

11) At age 9, my IQ tested so far off the charts that they initially decided the test they were using must be worthless. The test was later validated, but they never re-tested me. My estimated IQ from ASVAB's taken at age 16 is around 170. None of my ancestors on either side are more than mildly above average.

12) I remember being able to do things that people aren't supposed to be able to do. Like hearing my mother think. The problem was if she was talking to me and I didn't answer, I was in trouble. But if she was thinking and I did answer, I was in trouble. I couldn't tell the difference sometimes between hearing her talk and hearing her think. I could also make her headaches stop, and often knew who was on the phone when it rang or what song was playing before the radio was turned on.

13) I spent nearly all of my childhood alone. Other children seemed to instinctively not like me and I had no friends. One girl who tried to be my friend in 4th grade had to quit because the other kids beat her up. Animals always liked me, though. In one place we lived there was a vicious German Shepherd chained to a tree who would attack anyone who came within reach - except me. I used to sit under his tree and read, which infuriated the children who couldn't get to me.

14) Things used to go missing from my room. I'd spend hours searching and turn my room upside down, then go eat dinner when called. When I'd return to my room, the missing item would be lying in the exact center of my bed. Couldn't have been either of my parents, I would have seen them if either one had gone into my room. This was very annoying and happened over and over again, things would re-appear just after I'd get so frustrated and angry that I gave up searching for them.

15) As detailed in a thread here on ATS, my cousins and I had a UFO encounter when I was around 8 or 9ish. None of the adults involved can remember the incident, and I began to think I was imagining it. Then, in 1987, I got to visit my cousin Sheila and found out that she DOES remember it, just like I do. The two older boys vaguely remember it, the youngest boy doesn't, and everyone who was an adult at the time insists it never happened.

16) During my childhood I was never once hospitalized. Not once. I still have my tonsils and never broke a bone. I did get stitches once or twice but that was it. Yet all of my most vivid and scary nightmares from childhood are of doctors and hospitals and being operated on. Since we didn't even own a TV until I was 13 or so, where did I get those images?

17) From age 16 - 40+ I was actively suicidal off and on for no apparent reason. My self-esteem and self-confidence were non-existent, and my internal dialogue (which I didn't usually hear "out loud" although sometimes I seemed to hear my mother's voice) were always accusatory, negative, and shame-inducing. Couldn't keep a job, couldn't keep a relationship ....

In my early 40's something began to change. By 45, continuous struggle, therapy, support groups, and various other things finally achieved a paradigm shift. And, when that happened, it was like something broke. I can remember thinking the the way I used to think, but it doesn't make much sense. I can't think that way now if I try. If there was some control or subliminal something involved, I broke it. Since then my entire attitude and personality have been different. People like me and I have friends, and I've been with my husband for about 12 years (previous record was only 5 years, and that was an off-and-on relationship).

The one remaining self-destructive behavior that I can't seem to get rid of is compulsive eating(overeating, even when I'm not hungry), but that's not as much of a problem as some of the others (drinking and worse) used to be, although as I get older it's becoming more of a concern.

I still don't really "think" the same as most other people, especially other women, although recently (like, here on ATS) I have found a few other people whose minds seem to work more like mine than the average person's. I don't mean better, just different. For example, my sense of humor is off .. things that most people find funny are just stupid to me, and things that I find funny seem to be sort of .. above their heads, is the easiest way to describe it .. i. e. they don't get it.

Any thoughts?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Wow, Heike. A lot of interesting "memory gaps" in your family. I find that interesting and potentially important though it could just be natural progression of sorts..

The following is what I find most interesting...

Originally posted by Heike
16) During my childhood I was never once hospitalized. Not once. I still have my tonsils and never broke a bone. I did get stitches once or twice but that was it. Yet all of my most vivid and scary nightmares from childhood are of doctors and hospitals and being operated on. Since we didn't even own a TV until I was 13 or so, where did I get those images?

When did the nightmares start?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Before age 10 is all I can say for sure, but my one (step)uncle - the last one to die - remembered me having a nightmare (about people in white coats cutting on me) at their house at Christmas time. The only year .. as far as I can piece together .. that we spent Christmas with them was 1963, at which time I would have been 6.

And, just so you don't have to dig around in my profile, here's a link to my UFO encounter.

The Green Light UFO

[edit on 18-2-2009 by Heike]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well, since no one has accused me of being crazy or paranoid yet (although that may only mean no one's reading this thread any more) I'll throw out some more info and see what you think.

My maternal grandfather was in the German army; he worked for Hitler although I have no idea how close or far he was from the man. In 1937 he filed a petition to marry my maternal grandmother. The petition was approved, but before they were married he was killed in a car accident. She was already pregnant and delivered my mother in March of 1938. In spite of the fact that they weren't married, my grandfather's insurance paid out and supported her for the remaining five years of her life, at which time she was killed during an operation trying to remove a brain tumor. My mother was then moved to an orphanage and grew up there except for a few intervals she spent with her grandmother between broken bones. (Great-grandma had some serious osteoporosis).

Just a few months after my mother aged out of the orphanage at 16, my father showed up and swept her off her feet, although after they were married he mostly ignored her. He did, however, try very hard to conceive a child. My mother thought she was too young to be a mother and used every form of birth control she could get her hands on, but discovered that she was pregnant in 1957. She tried various methods of aborting me, but I stuck. Finally, when she was about 6 months along, she took an overdose of her grandmother's sleeping pills. Her grandmother found her and we were rushed to the hospital and saved. My mother said once that a man visited her in the hospital and threatened her with lifelong incarceration in a mental institution if she tried that again before I was born, but she never knew who he was.

A few weeks after I was born my mother successfully divorced my father on allegations of physical abuse of both her and me (my father denies it but his parents consider it likely) and won custody of me, then gave me over to my paternal (!!) grandparents on the condition that my father not ever be allowed to be alone with me. My father was kicked off the police force for reasons he never divulged just weeks after the divorce and went to work for Volkswagen.

When I was 3 1/2 years old, an American soldier (Army Intelligence btw) showed up at the retail clothing store where my mother worked and asked her, with very broken and pidgin German, for a date. Six months later they were married and my new stepfather demanded that my mother get me back from my grandparents. Before I turned 4, we were on a boat headed to America where I remained a US Army dependent for the next 13+ years.

Several times I vaguely remember being pulled out of my classes in the Army schools for testing; the last time was when I was nine. They never told me the results, I only know about the results of the last one (IQ so off the charts that they suspected the test of being inaccurate) because I overheard my parents arguing about it.

So, am I the only one who finds any of this just a tad odd?

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Not at all...though the constant moving around until you were fifteen likely accounts for the difficulty in holding relationships as you put it until after forty. I had a similar situation in my late teens and early twenties and am actually still on that kick. I haven't stayed in the some place for longer than a year and a half at a time and have had many instances where a four month period was the average for any given location. Over fifty percent of that time I have lived in a tent...

At any rate...the fact that -your IQ tested off the charts is another interesting point with regards to socialization; it's just more difficult for higher intelligence in general to cultivate the social skills for various reasons...though I think the being constantly uprooted had a greater impact (my impression).

The following is interesting and defies explanation...strange!

14) Things used to go missing from my room. I'd spend hours searching and turn my room upside down, then go eat dinner when called. When I'd return to my room, the missing item would be lying in the exact center of my bed. Couldn't have been either of my parents, I would have seen them if either one had gone into my room. This was very annoying and happened over and over again, things would re-appear just after I'd get so frustrated and angry that I gave up searching for them.

Thanks for sharing, Heike, and if you think of anything more to add please do so. I like this thread as it served as a kind of record keeping space where I could drop some things and remember them...I have so many more stories but just don't post them because it seems that I should focus on what to do about them then relive them...and that's where I kind of get confused.

Off to read the UFO thread now...

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Well, since no one has accused me of being crazy or paranoid yet (although that may only mean no one's reading this thread any more) I'll throw out some more info and see what you think.

it may be that this thread has a relatively small audience these days but I also think it's been made/kept pretty safe by the quality of thought and investigation throughout it. The people who seem to enjoy surfing through ATS looking for threads where they can question other people's sanity might find this thread a little heavy for their taste.

And, as I recently reminded Mr. Shock, even if the audience is small, it is real, and really interested.

I hope you don't mind if I make some comments. And that Mr. Shock doesn't mind a little bit of threadjacking.

No.

Some responses to stuff from your first post:

5) Starting at age 4 through about 14, I've had a continuous serious of strange men who molested me. A neighbor here, an apartment manager there. All seemed to know when and how to find me alone and how to convince me to keep quiet (by threatening to tell my mother I'd done something wrong).

Reading this it just occurred to me how many times I've heard of this pattern from other women who have been molested. Since I never heard it in this kind of bigger context before, it had never occurred to me to wonder if anything more was going on than a sort of self-reinforcing process of abusers being able to "sense" potential victims, who are then rendered more victimizable by future abusers. In this context, it seems different.

7) No one can account for how & when I learned English. I left Germany one Summer speaking only German, and started school in the Fall speaking English. My stepfather's mother claimed I learned English from watching TV over a period of less than six weeks. My stepfather's mother & sister have "stories" of what I did there that Summer, but I remember nearly none of it.
Furthermore, my cousin doesn't remember me being there although he lived there at the time I was supposed to have been there (he was about 14).

Taken by itself, I don't think it's impossible or even all that unlikely that you could have learned English fairly well over the course of less than two months just by picking it up. Children do learn languages remarkably fast, and you were clearly a very bright child. The fact that German and English are so similar in so many ways (especially ways that would matter to a child that age, whose grasp of more complex matters of grammar wouldn't be fully formed). When I was thirteen, I babysat for a German family – the parents were grad students studying in the US for the year. Their two-year-old was able to communicate in both German and English within a month of arriving here, although she wasn't clear on the difference between the two. And of course, she was communicating on the level that one would expect from a very bright two-year-old. She could help me find onesies for her little sister, but she couldn't have read Shakespeare.

On the other hand, it seems very strange that your cousin has no memory of it (is this the same cousin who doesn't remember the UFO?)

10) Except for a few "flashbacks" which consist of moments or minutes in time, I have no consistent memories prior to age 10.

This I find very interesting, although it could also be a result of what must have been a very unstable childhood. I'm curious if you've ever done any research into childhood memory – what's typical, what the usual explanations for lack of memory are, etc).

10) I remember being able to do things that people aren't supposed to be able to do.

Obviously very interesting. Do you have any memory of when this stopped, or has it not?

16) During my childhood I was never once hospitalized. Not once. I still have my tonsils and never broke a bone. I did get stitches once or twice but that was it. Yet all of my most vivid and scary nightmares from childhood are of doctors and hospitals and being operated on.

Do you have any memories at all, even of the fragmentary variety, of when you were still in Germany? Also, do you know anything about the story of your birth? Maybe you mentioned this in the part about your mother's hospitalization during her pregnancy but I don't remember it. I haven't read your UFO encounter thread, but I will do so today.

17) From age 16 - 40+ I was actively suicidal off and on for no apparent reason. My self-esteem and self-confidence were non-existent, and my internal dialogue

By no apparent reason, do you mean that you weren't otherwise depressed, or that depression/suicidality/self-confidence didn't seem related to external events?

In my early 40's something began to change. By 45, continuous struggle, therapy, support groups, and various other things finally achieved a paradigm shift. And, when that happened, it was like something broke.

Can you identify anything that started this shift?

I still don't really "think" the same as most other people, especially other women, although recently (like, here on ATS) I have found a few other people whose minds seem to work more like mine than the average person's. I don't mean better, just different.

I'm curious if you've checked out the threads on the Myers-Briggs Personality Test, and if you've taken it yourself, either in one of the better online versions or a real one.

I have had the same experience here (especially with women) and I've seen a number of other women say the same. I never really realized that I thought "differently" than other people until a couple years ago when someone said something about it. One reason that I asked about the Myers-Brigg is that I've been blown away by how much more prevalent the "intuitive" function is here at ATS compared to either the general population or overall internet personality test takers.

And I think a part of the oddness of my thought processes for many has to do with the fact that in their terms I'm strongly intuitive and my use of the sensing function in understanding the world is way underdeveloped.

Non-coincidentally, in my opinion, I'm extremely prone to dissociation – both derealization and depersonalization – which is also common in survivors of all kinds of childhood trauma and is supposed to be one of the primary tools of mind control-type programs.

Anyway, that's a few thoughts from me

Answer, don't answer, ignore, I won't take it personally I promise. If I've offended in any way or overstepped my bounds though, please tell me so that I know to back off.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat
Reading this it just occurred to me how many times I've heard of this pattern from other women who have been molested. .. In this context, it seems different.

Yes, it's always seemed odd to me, too. As much as we moved around and considering the relatively short time periods we stayed in one place, how the heck did they find me? And, how did they all seem to know that my own mother was the most effective threat to use against me?

On the other hand, it seems very strange that your cousin has no memory of it (is this the same cousin who doesn't remember the UFO?)

No, my stepdad had 7 siblings, so there are quite a few cousins. This particular one simply doesn't remember any interactions with me prior to my speaking good English and having started school. This is particularly odd because there were only 5 people there - Granny, Aunt #1, her husband, and the boy cousin I'm talking about. Granny lived in a trailer in the back yard of Aunt & Uncle's house, and I was living with her. This cousin is still alive and I spoke to him at a family reunion about 3 years ago. I asked him what it was like trying to put up with a strange new little girl who couldn't even speak English. He looked quite puzzled and said that when he first met me, I'd already been going to school and spoke English just fine. According to previous accounts from Granny and Aunt #1, however, this cousin had to watch me quite a bit that first Summer because Granny couldn't keep up with an active 4yo who wanted to be outside, Uncle had a job, and Aunt #1 had plenty of housewifely duties. I don't understand how he wouldn't remember being saddled with a 4 year old girl who didn't speak English the Summer he was 14 and probably had a thousand other things he wanted to be doing besides watching me.

I'm curious if you've ever done any research into childhood memory – what's typical, what the usual explanations for lack of memory are, etc).

Some. It's usually attributed to "trauma" and the ongoing abuse, although that doesn't always make sense to me because the most traumatic events (like the time Mom tried to cut my finger off with a butcher knife) are the ones I DO remember. They say we block out negative and painful memories, (like the time she beat me with a belt, metal buckle and all, so badly that I literally couldn't walk for 2 days) but, like I said, the negative and painful memories are the ones I remember. My mother made it very obvious that she never wanted me and would have been just as happy to leave me in Germany with my grandparents, so WHY did they take me? That part's never made sense.

Obviously very interesting. Do you have any memory of when this stopped, or has it not?

Well, those abilities got me in a lot of trouble off and on over the years, so I ignored them and denied them as much as possible, and by the time I was 18 or so they'd mostly disappeared. Every now and then there's still an "incident" (like the time Dad's house was broken into and I, thousands of miles away, couldn't sleep until I found out what was wrong) but for the most part they're gone. I still know who's calling when the phone rings, but nowadays it's because I'm looking at my caller ID.

Do you have any memories at all, even of the fragmentary variety, of when you were still in Germany?

Yes, there are a few bits and pieces, and there are photographs. I remember playing Matchbox cars with my grandfather, and I remember watching my grandmother sew. Each memory covers maybe a minute or two of real time.

Also, do you know anything about the story of your birth?

Not much more than I've already said, except for a couple of things. I was born about 10pm local time, I was (at the time) the third longest baby ever born at that hospital (in Hannover), and there was a heat wave that killed quite a few people a few weeks before I was born. Mom sometimes talked about how miserable she was during that heat wave because of me.

By no apparent reason, do you mean that you weren't otherwise depressed, or that depression/suicidality/self-confidence didn't seem related to external events?

I mean that I was depressed ALL the time regardless of external events. I didn't seem to react to good or bad events, I was just miserable and consumed with self-loathing all the time.

Can you identify anything that started this shift?

It's been a long road and a long process. I've been in and out of therapy and support groups (and sometimes mental hospitals) since my 20's. The straw that seemed to finally break the camel's back was a 12-week course called "The Compassion Workshop."

I'm curious if you've checked out the threads on the Myers-Briggs Personality Test, and if you've taken it yourself, either in one of the better online versions or a real one.

Yep, I've taken it as part of a staff retreat the last place I worked. As I recall, I was an INTP, but I remember being told that although "INT" was quite clear, I was not strongly P or J. I haven't seen the threads about it, though. If'n ya don't mind you might point me to those (in u2u if you prefer).

Yes, I'm pretty dissociative also and don't form strong bonds with people. I've been diagnosed as having "attachment disorder" as well as PTSD and others. As a general rule, I'm more comfortable with animals and computers than people, and being alone is peaceful rather than lonely.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Thanks for replying to my questions both here and on the UFO thread.

Yep, I've taken it as part of a staff retreat the last place I worked. As I recall, I was an INTP, but I remember being told that although "INT" was quite clear, I was not strongly P or J. I haven't seen the threads about it, though. If'n ya don't mind you might point me to those (in u2u if you prefer).

Yes, I'm pretty dissociative also and don't form strong bonds with people. I've been diagnosed as having "attachment disorder" as well as PTSD and others. As a general rule, I'm more comfortable with animals and computers than people, and being alone is peaceful rather than lonely.

In case anyone else who's reading wants to follow along, here's the most recent Myers-Briggs thread, and there are links within it to one from a couple months ago that specifically targeted "Indigo Children" and to a related thread from years ago that The Vagabond started. The Vagabond's post in the recent thread, and his thread from before, are particularly useful for explaining how the categories work, which most online sites do a rotten job of.

Someplace in there I did a little summary of the responses so far that includes the percentages of each type in the general population for reference.

I also usually test as INTP, though I've never taken a real Myers-Briggs test. And the P/J is very close; T/F are pretty close, but I and N are very pronounced.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I don't mind a bit of thread jacking at all; no reason why we can't discuss more than one individual...

Besides, this thread is already all over the place...

Well...I had the X-Rays done today. There is certainly nothing obvious there and at this point the implant theory is down...which leaves me very confused as the voices are there (pretty much every second of every day) but there is no obvious reason for it. I am left now to reconsider bio-chemical...
...but that still doesn't necessarily corrolate with many of the experiences that I have experienced.

Any way...it occurred to me after the fact that I should have taken a camera to the clinic and taken the pictures on while he was showing them to me on the uber cool light board. That would have worked out well as the X-Rays were taken under the auspices of an art project (which I sold very well, I might add. The people there were told that I was working on a 3-D mosaic of a Neuron made up of individual '1 inch x 1 inch' tiles of my X-Rayed skull that would have been inflected with various shades of grays and whites after they had been scanned and downsized et cetera. Suffice to say I went there and the result was a very comfortable environment and interaction.) Anyway, as I didn't think to bring the camera, I am now left with imperfect images to present and am open to ideas on how to improve the resolution/images...remember, I am a camera ignoramus so this may be a day or two in the making...

Here are the X-Rays, as a show that they were indeed taken...

Front profile...cool shot but nothing visible by way of anomalous objects...

This one is from the perspective of 'under my chin'...though the profile is at a 90 degree side.

This is the lateral or side profile...turned out a bit darker then the others. I want to work out a better resolution as there is some interesting stuff happening between 11 and 12 o'clock but again, nothing by way of foreign objects.

Again...as far as the context of this thread I am now very confused. I think I put off the X-Ray excursion because I was afeared of this very possibility and now I have no idea what to think. It pretty much causes me to reconsider my perception on many things...essentially placing doubt on everything.

But that makes even less sense to me...

A very sincere and heartfelt Thank You to the individual who made the x-rays possible. It meant the world to me.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Again...as far as the context of this thread I am now very confused. I think I put off the X-Ray excursion because I was afeared of this very possibility and now I have no idea what to think. It pretty much causes me to reconsider my perception on many things...essentially placing doubt on everything.

But that makes even less sense to me...

I would suggest you put off thinking anything for a little while as you let this sink in. And maybe your subconscious will give you a little prod that'll suggest a new direction to look.

Nice job on getting the pictures, though
I love the "art project" concept.

I'm not an image expert at all, maybe someone else will have ideas. The one thing I thought of was to take them to a Kinko's or similar place and get them scanned into digital form at the highest resolution possible.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join