It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Approach Your Neighbor ? NOW?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlindWatcher1
reply to post by dgtempe

The truth is this. There is no proof except the scattered info you have read here or any other site that proves that the United States Of America has done or said anything that would implicate the doom of our Nation. Absolutely nothing. Period.

I am sorry, but I just don't buy that. I do buy into the fact that most Americans are so blatantly oblivious to what's going on, and are so willing for someone else (the government, their doctor, their political party, their employers, schools, churches, technology, etc.) to take care of them and accept what is given to them without question that they actually do mimic the classic frog in a pot of soon to be boiling water tale.

I am not sure "which" doom you mean, for there are several.

There is the "doom" of America as we knew it from a political standpoint, where in 1776 we fought and died for freedom from British tyranny and in 2008 we have come full circle and we are the tyranny. The proof there is easy. Just research every law passed since the 1900's that has chipped away our freedom. If you can't think of any, start with "FEMA Martial Law camps" and go from there. When the FBI puts out public pamphlets (www.radioliberty.com...) that insinuate that American citizens that are concerned about Constitution infringements, animal rights and "Doomsday" scenarios are Terrorists and should be reported to Law Enforcement, then you know things are bad.

There is the economic doom of America. You can start researching your facts with "Private Bank Federal Reserve" and "End Gold Standard". Then you can stop by the Government Accounting Office and check out their figures showing our yearly 9+ trillion dollar deficit and our 53+ trillion dollar long term deficit. Then you can begin to understand that, without any precious metals to back it up, you can only print money out of thin air for so long before people and countries decide to stop accepting it as a useful monetary value. One economist stated recently that in order for the US to go back to the Gold Standard, gold would have to be priced at around $42,000 (yes, forty-two thousand dollars) an ounce.

There is the fascist doom of America. Fascism as when the biggest Corporations control the politics, military, pharmaceuticals, banks, scientists, energy, media, development and businesses for their best interests, not the citizens. If you need some keywords, try "fascist Germany hyperinflation Monsanto GMO AETA madcowboy". This is where Monsanto doesn't want you to be able to know what Genetically Modified foods are in your common groceries. Why it doesn't matter if you vote Republican or Democrat, since they are backed and financed by the same giant business entities. Why there is no "ET Disclosure" or any significant development of real alternatives to fossil fuels. Why the pharmaceuticals and the FDA don't want you to have access to alternative and herbal medicine. Why the meat industry doesn't want you to wonder about the implications that there may be 500+ individual cows making up that one pound of generic ground beef.

A perfect example of the state we are in is The Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act (AETA) of 2006. Six years ago, if you spoke out about the meat industry you could be taken into court to prove that what you said was the truth. Today, under AETA, it does not matter if what you say is true or not. If what you say causes any financial burden to the industry, then you will be convicted of terrorism and treated accordingly.

Then there is the Zionist doom of America. I'm getting tired of writing, so just start with someplace like endtime.com and you will get an idea of why some factions in the Middle East really do want a third world war (to start the biblical prophecy of Endtime). And any world war is going to involve the Middle East. And Israel is in the Middle East. And we support Israel, and as Hillary Clinton has implied, we would have no problem with nuking Israel's common enemy, Iran. And Iran has very close ties with Russia and China. Russia/China may very likely also have no problem nuking Iran's common enemy, either.

As in the X-Files, the "truth is out there." You just have to be willing to search for it and be smart enough to correlate what you find. And don't expect main stream media to help you. For starters, try some alternative sources like NewsWithViews, OldCentury.org, prisonplanet, etc.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Keep in mind:

If any neighbor you do ask thinks you are looney, it's no sweat. They will probably be alone -or few in numbers- in that respect.

I would think that by taking TheRedNeck's advice for approaching the situation, you would be seen as thoughtful, caring, competant and stable. I wouldn't expect the ardent support from one and all on the preparedness issue though.

However, I would suspect that a surprising majority feels the need to have a plan of some sorts, especially if the area where you live is likely to try and have you killed (blizzards, quakes, hurricanes, etc...).

They may not want to stockpile large and learn the skills required for self-sufficiency, but they may, at the very least, make basic plans and preperations.

If/when a time comes where self-sufficiency becomes important , then those who were at least a little prepared (thanks to you) will be better off.

Those who are at least a little prepared would be more willing to learn and easier to teach than those who are looking at a dire situation with an immediate lack of any survival means (in my opinion). Teach what you know to those willing to learn.

People tend to look kindley on those who show a genuine concern for their well being.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I think the lesson here is to just be friendly to your neighbours. It does tend to pay off. Try working in your front garden and saying 'hi' to your neighbours when they walk their dog past your garden etc etc. Quite often, they have always wanted to say 'hi' to you but may be a bit shy or didnt know what to say. In general, in my experience, most people are friendly, they just sometimes need a push to open up.

Maybe I have the advantage that others dont. I am a nurse so communication is 90% of what i do everyday with strangers, plus i can ''Talk for England'' about almost everything.

We had a local powercut in the area I live in recently - street lights, houses etc etc. I know a few people a couple of houses away that could be/are vulnerable like with medical problems or age related problems, so I took my torch out and went over to their houses and saw if they were okay. They were all okay, but they appreciated the gesture. They always say 'hi' now when we see each other in the street. It is literally that simple and its FREE.

Have a nice day

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I have to agree with being neighborly. When it hits the fan, after the initial panic, we're going to have to learn to live within 50 miles of ourselves at least - meaning everything you need, needs to be within a 50 mile radius. If you don't garden, learn quickly and begin - it's not too late to plant - then learn to can food. Also, we're going to have to learn how to live in the same types of communities that we lived in during the 50's i.e. community grocers etc. Figure out what you can offer to your community - trade, skill, goods etc. In the city were I went to college they are actively planning such a community.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Your gardens will be raided, your food stocks taken from you. I ain’t telling nobody nothing. When SitX comes it's every man for himself and me and my family will "disappear" as far as the neighbours are concerned.

Whatever happened to "Trust no one"?

[edit on 27/5/2008 by spitefulgod]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join