It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orlando area...any paranormal investigators?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I was wondering if anyone knew about or was part of a paranormal investigator group in central florida? Preferably one that does not rely solely on psychics or "so called psychics". Any help would be gretaly appreciated.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I googled "Orlando Paranormal Investigators" and was surprised to find several pages of links, including ghost tours, paranormal investigators, and an "Orlando Paranormal Society."

Might be a good place to start your search. Orlando is actually a surprisingly mysterious place. Even more mysterious: St. Augustine, Florida. But the most mysterious place is the Florida Keys -- or so I understand.

Good luck!

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

I want to add one more thing about paranormal activity within Florida:

As you drive through South Florida, around Lake Okeechobee, and into the Everglades region, you have to be struck by the sheer human desolation of that area. It is untouched and unknown in many places -- as inaccessible as the South Pole -- but filled with strange life forms. There are no roads into the interior of the everglades. From I95, you see massive wetlands and swamps dotted with thousands of small islands of dense vegetation, stretching to the horizon.

What lives in those islands, within the swampland? It is impossible to say. Many people explore this area -- naturalists and biologists -- you have to wade around in the muck for hours or days to reach its most inaccessible portions. Many parts aren't navigatable, even by fanboats (which were specifically invented to explore the Florida Everglades.)

One person I know described it as a vast and beautiful maze -- very easy to get lost in. Not someplace that you want to find yourself, after sunset. I can't think of many places in the USA that are still as foreboding and alluring. That immense and mysterious energy rolls up to Central Florida, and the Orlando area. (It seems to me that it could not be otherwise.)

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I am not an official "detective" of any sort, nor officially a "psychic" but what is it you are looking for, in relation to Orlando?

I live an hour and a half away from Orlando, Florida.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I have lived here all my life ( 31 young years...lol) and never heard about the keys being a fairly hot area. I have heard about St. augustine, visited it in my younger years, and want to return..all of the groups I have ran into here either do tours or are far from objective about things. Spartan I would love to talk some more and see what we can see. U2U me, lets trade ideas
Thank you buck I will definatley look into the keys reports.

[edit on 24-5-2008 by djvexd]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I did U2U you in regards to what this thread was discussing.

Did you get it? Let Me know.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

i am doing some video investigations in the orlando area while i am waiting to get some equipment. i would love to meet new people who have an interest in investigating. right now i am dooing rouse road, sunland hospital and soon townsends plantation. i am planning on going to the myrtle hill cemetary next month so if anyone wants to join let me know
kmaioa29@aol.com

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I am the Founder of OPI, Orlando Paranormal Investigations. I am also empathic but I do use scientific approaches more than feeling. email me if you have any questions.

digna@orlandoparanormal.org

Digna

top topics

join