It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I Racist

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

So multiculturalism is bad? Or is it only bad when it's brown people? I'm not sure I follow your logic...

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer

Carslake how could I do that in good conscience? I cannot pledge allegiance to all English people because I do not agree with or even like some of them. I would not die in battle for a chav, but I would indeed die for this country. My allegiance is to this country as a geopolitical entity, not to its people.

That said, I recognise that the majority of the English population make England what it is. I would theoretically be able to swear allegiance, if not for the fact that there are some miscreants such as chavs, out of control youths etc who I feel no affinity for.

Act in the people's best interests, and not in the 'state' as a geo-political entity.

And herein lies the problem, the English and later the Scots, Irish and Welsh have all served the state/crown and look what happened. Built an empire pissed alot of people off. I've got no patriotism for that.

I have a problem with your ideas and beliefs. Your views on patriotism and integration do not represent the majority of England's views (thankfully). I hope you can see the difference.

Of course you have a problem with my ideas and beliefs, because yours are practically colonial and we can't have that, I don't believe in globalism. The English have got along way to go but not as far as most.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Sorry, mods and gentle people, for what is about to transpire in this post. Warn me if you want, ban me if you want, I don't care. Some things have to be stood up for, and I'm pretty certain challenging racist idiots is something we can all agree on.

reply to post by spitefulgod

You absolute bloody-minded fool. Don't blame your hatred on your up-bringing. Blame it on YOU for taking the easy way out of analysing the actions of people. You see a white person being arrested on the news and you think to yourself "look at that criminal". You see a brown person doing it and you think "look at that brown guy". That's the only possible way your "experiences" can turn a normal person into a frothing-at-the-mouth racist white supremacist. Which is exactly what you are. You're not just racist, but lazily racist. It's apathy like yours that allows massive abuses of human rights to exist. When you can seperate people into "them" and "us", as you so conveniently have, you have dehumanised "them". "They" can now be rounded up and killed. "They" can have their homes taken. After all, it's just "them"! The intrinsic rights people have are called human rights. They're not intrinsic only to white folks, or black folks, or latino folks, or the French. They're for everyone, because everyone is equal. If you're too intellectually lazy to seperate the actions of some from the being of many, then you need some serious education. Deny Ignorance? You welcome it into your home, make it dinner, then talk to it about how mexicans are stealing your daughter/job/trash or something else as ridiculous.

Grow up. For you, for your kids, for your friends, for your community, for your country, for your world, for your future. Luckily I'm not as hate-filled as you are, as I wish you the best of luck on your journey. I just hope your journey is just starting, not coming to an end.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by orby1976

I am not sure if the term racist
would apply after all anyone can convert to Islam regardless of 'race'
are you wary of Arabs/middle easterners and Morroccans then maybe there is a racist bent to your Muslim concerns
but i don't think this is a character flaw-it is a suspiscion and worry all people have of unlike individuals, rather than fearing and hating all people.
I would bet because you asked the question you inherently are not a racist but the current climate and fear instilling media and such propaganda has understandably and yet unreasonably instill said fears and xenophobia into you.
I would imagine you have no problems with Seal, or Michael Jordan or Bill Cosby coming to dinner- fo rhtat matter you would welcome them with open arms-
would you dine with Dr. Murad Wilfred Hofmann (Former German Ambassador, Director of Information NATO) well he is a muslim and i don't thin k you'd worry at all, the current events have put you on guard and made you 'profile or stereotype' many it will pass

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan

Ok, this is the problem here. The person who started this thread, did ask a question in a polite manner. The other garbage that got spewed in this thread that the annonymous person is complaining about had nothing to do with the topic.

Topics always deviate, thats just the nature of it.

How is getting out racial slurs a way to understand each other? If somebody doesn't like a particular group of people, it's one thing to say they just don't like them, and the point is taken. When comments are peppered with derogitory intent, there is no rationality. How does that lead us to understand each other?

Now you understand that they are racist, and you also understand a little bit more why they are racist.

What I do understand now, in this day and age is that there truly are still people in the world that are racist to a degree that is non productive to world peace.

It's very frightening to me.

The anonymous poster is not running away. That person is confronting a backwards, racist mentality.

Maybe this can help you acclimatize to the problem. No they're not confronting a racist mentality, they're threatening to try and damage ATS because they don't like whats been posted. Like Orby1976 wrote it's 'childish'

[edit on 26/5/08 by carslake]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
My personal Opinion

I've heard alot of people say that we should all treat people equally which I find is racist in itself because every race and culture is different so if you start treating everybody equally you don't take into account what makes everybody different.

Differences is what makes this world interesting for example why go backpacking in Europe or Asia is everybody was made the same?

just my humble personal opinion

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Miishgoos

yes you are correct.
conversely highlighting everyone's differences maintains distinction and separation from each other rather than celebrating in how we are alike

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Miishgoos

No, you're conflating culture, history, and language with race. That's not racist, but somewhat ignorant

Equality doesn't mean everyone's the same, it means everyone's equal. Equal doesn't mean the same (although it's often used as a synonym, which doesn't help clear up this confusion), but of the same value. And, in English, is equal to et in French. They're equal, but they're different words.

No-one is saying everyone everywhere is the same. Clearly that's not true. What people are saying is that racism is retarded, as you can't judge someone on what they look like or where they're from.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

ATS: Please move this from your main page, please don't ignore me, I will even go as far as to copy this to your sponsors and advertisers and also to the upper management of your LLS company and to your investers.

This thread has got to stop.

You should really try getting a job, or finding a hobby. It would take care of all of this free time you seem to have.

If you don't like the thread, dont read it. Couldn't be more simple than that could it?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by carslake

Topics always deviate, thats just the nature of it.

Some do, some don't. There was no reason to bring racial slurs into this topic.

Now you understand that they are racist, and you also understand a little bit more why they are racist.

No I don't understand why they are racist. If you mean where the person put statistics for us to see, all I can say is they were not current. One graph was from 2001 and the other from 2002. I hardly consider data from 6 or 7 years ago proof of why they are racist, unless they are stuck in a time warp from about 50 years ago.

Maybe this can help you acclimatize to the problem. No they're not confronting a racist mentality, they're threatening to try and damage ATS because they don't like whats been posted. Like Orby1976 wrote it's 'childish'

Actually I took that as a threat that was meant to get attention, which it did since the offending racial slur posts were deleted. While the anonymous poster may have been wrong in the threats they made, they also said in their post that they were a minority person. At least they did not resort in kind to the posts that were made by the person who that had their posts deleted. Honeslty, I can understand why they were so upset and I am not in a minority race.

I also believe that ATS would not be at fault anyway. They did not type the offending words, one of the members did. The posts were deleted showing perfectly well how they stick to their moto, Deny Ignorance!

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Enthralled Fan]

edits to fix quotes.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by Enthralled Fan]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

My personal Opinion

In my experience people want everybody to be equal in the way I said it.

I understand what you mean how everybody should be equal in value but that simply is not the case in the way people act.

Now I don't care because I also beleive people should be able to beleive in anything they please thats why I don't care if someone calls me a derogatory name, I'm not gonna cry myself to sleep over it LOL.

I find that most liberally minded people who think they are anti racist seem to actually be the ones who hold the most sterotypes and they don't even know they are insulting you LOL but I don't pay it no mind.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
ATS: Please move this from your main page, please don't ignore me, I will even go as far as to copy this to your sponsors and advertisers and also to the upper management of your LLS company and to your investers.

This thread has got to stop.

Censorship and political correctness at its finest.

People's over-sensitiveness to talking about racial issues has lead to more racial issues. If people would be open about it, discuss it, debate it, learn more about other people's view points, even those that we call "racists," then maybe we could reach a middle ground and rid ourselves of some of the problems.

But shoving it to the back of society and pretending like everything is just grand and creating this little fantasy world for ourselves, pretending like these problems don't exist just because we want to get offended or embarrassed when talking about them, and completely ignoring facts and reality in the process does not make the problems go away.

If you want to make threats against freedom of speech and open discussion, make an account on ATS and repeat what you just said. Don't hide behind the Anonymous posting account.

If you have a problem with what is being said in this thread, don't read it. Its as simple as that.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan

No I don't understand why they are racist. If you mean where the person put statistics for us to see, all I can say is they were not current. One graph was from 2001 and the other from 2002. I hardly consider data from 6 or 7 years ago proof of why they are racist, unless they are stuck in a time warp from about 50 years ago.

Maybe they are stuck in a 'time warp', it's his right to talk crap and then get censured for it. I respect your right to have IMO an over reaction about it and you can respect my right to want to see what's going on in the world without people pissing there pants over every ugly thing they come across.

Actually I took that as a threat that was meant to get attention, which it did since the offending racial slur posts were deleted. While the anonymous poster may have been wrong in the threats they made, they also said in their post that they were a minority person. At least they did not resort in kind to the posts that were made by the person who that had their posts deleted. Honeslty, I can understand why they were so upset and I am not in a minority race.

Yeah they treatened ATS who obviously thought it was prudent to take those posts down. But they stood for a while and I'm sure the mods were aware of them, it's a fine line and your sensibilty just stopped his free speech and our right to pass judgement on it.

I also believe that ATS would not be at fault anyway. They did not type the offending words, one of the members did. The posts were deleted showing perfectly well how they stick to their moto, Deny Ignorance!

Deny Ignorance LOL!! You don't try drawing that poster out and telling them that it just not acceptable, whatever their reasoning is, thats not very 'productive' is it.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

As I said before

if I had the power a mass cull of population (from all walks of life) wouldn't bother me whatsoever and in the state of today’s society I would easily elevate the existence of an animal above that of most of today’s humans.

I suppose to better myself I can try to hate everyone equally and the way things are going one day I will.

As you can I will try to hate you all equally but you can go to the top of my list, luckily for the sake of mankind I don't have access to the big red button. now go back to trying to put right the wrongs that your grandfather performed.

[edit]
You also start moaning about human rights, sorry if anyone intentionally injurys, kills, kidnaps someone there human rights are null and void in my book, human rights should have to be earned, I suppose you'll be at the gates when this nut gets released on human rights.

www.independent.co.uk...

I don't want to have a go but life ain't all fluffy and people don't have to like everyone or every race, religion, creed whatever, I like who I like and if you discriminate me because of that then you are just the same as me, you EVIL NAZI RACIST! mwhahahaha

[edit on 26/5/2008 by spitefulgod]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by 44soulslayer

So multiculturalism is bad? Or is it only bad when it's brown people? I'm not sure I follow your logic...

I disagree with multiculturalism as a concept. It doesnt matter if its the culture of brown, black or white people being imported into the host country.

We can have a perfectly functioning multiracial and multireligious society. But we cannot have more than one culture in a country, because that will lead to tensions.

Let me give you a first hand account of cultural integration. Most immigrants to the UK want some defined values and attitudes which they may adapt to. People as a whole want to become a part of British society and culture- thats why they are moving here.

When I came to the UK my first thought was "how do I fit in?". Without a rigid culture (that of the host country), it makes integration so much harder because it leaves immigrants clueless as to how they should go about integrating. You can say "yes, lets respect your culture and where you came from", but you must not allow the importing of cultures into the UK to the point where an immigrant is confused about how he should act.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The rigour of thought and approach elsewhere on ATS have yet to appear on this thread.

White Supremacist,Liberal,Separatist,Radical or Conservative,CITE YOUR SOURCES!

the pusillanimous "in My Opinion" is merely the excuse to parade dreary racial cliches with no appeal to any reality outside of the posters'initial prejudice.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by waterside25
The rigour of thought and approach elsewhere on ATS have yet to appear on this thread.

White Supremacist,Liberal,Separatist,Radical or Conservative,CITE YOUR SOURCES!

the pusillanimous "in My Opinion" is merely the excuse to parade dreary racial cliches with no appeal to any reality outside of the posters'initial prejudice.

Exactly what sources would you like to see?

I already posted sources to back up my comments.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentStovkowski
You seem to think whites just strolled over to Africa and kidnapped them for slavery. You are dead wrong and should reexamine history. Africans SOLD THEIR OWN into slavery.

and that absolves Europeans and Americans how?

Originally posted by AgentStovkowski
If 1 out of every 3 white males were in the US Prison system like black males were, and 85%+ of violent prisoners were white despite being only 13% of the population like blacks are, then yes I would support getting whites out of this country.

And if laws were applied equally to both ethnicities would those figures still be true? As you can't appear to get current figures for your pretty bar graphs, I don't see why I should match them with current info, so:

Why do possession of powder coc aine and crack coc aine have different penalities? Why does possession of crack coc aine bring imprisonment, but possession of powder coc aine does not?

Would it be because crack is a black drug and blow is a white drug? Would it be because blow is the recreational drug of choice of Wall Street?

But you know, whites are civilized people. So there's no need to expatriate them.

You see, your own ignorance is jumping out to moon you in public. The very use of the verb expatriate shows that you consider these white people to be native to the USA. Ipso facto, by your use of that verb in reference to them, you consider the deportation of black people to also be expatriation and therefore they are native to the USA.

Here's a hint: don't use terminology you do not completely prehendo.

Anyone want to correct my Latin, go right ahead.

edit: quotes

[edit on 26-5-2008 by HowlrunnerIV]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV

Would it be because crack is a black drug and blow is a white drug? Would it be because blow is the recreational drug of choice of Wall Street?

No its because Crack is instantly addictive. Its called getting your bell rung and the only way to do that with powder coke is to put it in a needle and shoot it directly into the vein. That why it carries a harsh penalty NOT because its a black drug.

Are you a racist? You stated that one is a black drug and one is a white drug.

I thought we were all the same...equal.

Wait until you have a gun in your back and hear the words. "Its payday mutha @#@%&* gimme yo wallet or I pop a cap in yo ass"

Or if you are a woman "Give it up or die I's gonna git sum tonight ho!"

I want to live in a more civil place than that...

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

If I say Michael Clarke Duncan is "a big, black man" am I being racist, or describing him accurately?

If I say Charlton Heston was "an old, white guy" am I being racist or describing him accurately?

How many times has Barak Obama been described as "possibly the first black president" or "the first black man with a realistic chance of becoming president"?

If I say MCD is a "'n-word'" I am undoubtedly being racist.

If I say CH was a "cracker" am I also undoubtedly being racist?

I happen to think the term "African-American" is crap. If I am white, what makes an "African-American" or "Afro-Australian" less black?

It's funny, but my Mrs is Khmer yet I don't describe her as "yellow", even although she calls herself "black" ("Khmau" is actually the word she uses, which is Khmer for black. But that has to do with the Asian culture of seeing pale skin as being worthier than dark skin, "black" people (dark-skinned Asians) are peasants, don't you know...), I use her ethnicity (Khmer) to describe her. Analyse that.

But in direct reply to your question; perhaps I should have put quotation marks " " around "black" and "white" when I was talking about the status of the drugs...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join