It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I Racist

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

Yea, youre right. Next time, lets just let fascists commit their little genocides all over the globe. Sound good?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

I just love it how you prove it to yourself and on this thread that your prejudice and a racist.
Well done

[edit on 26-5-2008 by nahsik]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

Just out of curiosity, have you been drinking or smoking that funny looking stuff tonight?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
You are not racist. This is just a term to make people back down from patriotism.

"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel."

original source

This is a huge topic but if you look at Britian for example this year we have had the highest rate of emigration than ever before so more people are moving abroad and at the same time more immigrants are coming in. Therefore it is eventually going to be the same for every country in the world.

The result?

"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel."

The good doctor said it best and he said it three hundred years ago.

It's funny how this debate is so often prefaced by "I'm not a racist, but" and goes on to do nothing more than advocate the haves continuing to fend the have-nots off from ever sharing in prosperity for no other reason than that "they don't fit in".

"We don't like you, we don't care that you got the # end of the stick, we don't want you and we won't have you."

And the best bit of all is that this hypocrisy comes in its basest form most often from Poms (one of the world's least homogonous bloodlines), Yanks (who gave us "give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses") and Aussies (who stole their country anyway), ahh, how the mere accident of birth empowers you...

edit: quotes

[edit on 26-5-2008 by HowlrunnerIV]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
You make it sound so cut and dry....so very simple! Well it's not as simple as keeping the have nots from getting anyting of the haves, the "have nots" are actually doing things to bring about scrutiny of their actions. You have been fooled into sheepdom so much so that you believe muslims are not guilty of having a higher than normal rate of hate and intollerance, oh noooo way, lest ye be called a racist. Foolish fools, fooling every fool into fooling themselves to give what is theirs to the fools. Foooo!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

I don't drink or smoke if thats what your thinking. Just bored at the moment.

I guess we can all agree that we have different perspectives and responses to this topic.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I think you need a history lesson to clear your head. You need to read and find out how the english took australia as country by nearly wiping a race of people called the aborigines, throwing them of the cliffs to conserve amunition, hunting them like wild animals including women and little children. After invading and taking thier land.

May be we should consider how the U.S came into being, how the english nearly wiped out the red indians by killing with guns, bombs and diseases.
Forcing them to surrender thier lands and driving them towards extinction.
Destroying centuries of indian history and tradition.

May be you should find out the english took new zealand by coning them to sign an agreement that they will ruled by the queen, something they seriously object to and especially when they already have ruler.
This is after invading thier lands uninvited.

May be you should think about how the english went to africa and started catching and enslaving people, causing tribal wars among africans in order to increase the captures of slaves. How the english went to southern africa
and laid claims to countries, lands, people. How they killed the dutch people who were the first white people steal south african lands.

May be you should learn about the aparthide in south africa.
Dont be so quick to judge people your country as done far worse things than the nazis or 9/11 and 7/7. Grow up and stop seeing the world from one perspective, broading your thinking and learn to put yourself in other people's shoes.

May be you need to learn to distinguish between people who are just looking for a better life coming from war thorn countries, and a handful of confused british kids who are angry at thier own country for fighting extremism.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
To the OP, don't worry about the comments on here, the people who knock you down here don't have to live with Muslims all around them like you do. I understand what you mean completely, the Muslim community is so protected by everyone that you feel in the wrong just looking at them, the sooner they're treated like everyone else the better. I don't trust Muslim youths or chavs they would all stab you if they had the chance.

[edit]
And for another point, it's not the Muslims fault, it's not the scummy whites fault it's the governments fault, they are the one who put the welfare state in place, they are the ones who said, hey it's ok not to work, not to place any life goals, not to care. It's ok not to bother with you're education we'll look after you anyway. It's OK to beat people up in gangs, mug, injury and kill people (it's only 2 weeks in jail anywho).

I believe someone made a note about this being something like a segregation in the US.. no it isn’t black people both in the US and UK easily integrate into society many of whom follow the same values and religions of that county, islam is a foreign religion, holds different values and those of which I know in the UK don’t play well with others (except when it suits them). I don’t get it seriously, what is the problem with Islam? Hindu’s, Sieks and such fit in just fine, Muslims do not, even before 9/11 and 7/7, I’ve lived around them all my life, you bunch of toosers have not and if you did you’d be like me, a politician can sit there from a far and say “they’re just fine, go out talk to one” but a politicians doesn’t have to live in his constituency plus why speak up if you’re getting a majority vote?

Wake up you freaks, like you lot said earlier.. “go out speak to a muslim”, I challenge you “go out, live amongst them” see if you feel the same then.

[edit on 26/5/2008 by spitefulgod]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
The content of this thread shocks me. I have emailed the managers of the website to ask them to relocate this thread from the main page as its subject matter isnt in-line with the overall concept of ATS.

I never thought such an informative and intellectual website harboured people with such extreme views regarding race and the history of our civilisations conquests..

Comments like "black people couldnt invent a wheel" and "black people have inferior intellect" are totally unacceptable.

In the coming days, I am going to be evaluating whether I should keep visiting this website and whether it is simply worth it or not to take part in discussions in a place where hatred and the most offensive topics are discussed.

As a minority, as a person who considers themselves equal and as a hard working tax payer. I don't feel the need to take part in this discussion with regards to defending blacks, middle eastern people, or any historical events that shaped our present day world.

I think everyone should know where they came from and where they want to be in this future, and taking part in discussions like this and even worse, using this as a medium to highlight superiorities and differences is aboslutely out of order.

The original topic thread starters question wasnt even that bad, it was rather innocent, but the way in which this whole discussion had moved off topic to become a battleground for swooping, un-educated racial attacks has completely left me shocked.

ATS: Please move this from your main page, please don't ignore me, I will even go as far as to copy this to your sponsors and advertisers and also to the upper management of your LLS company and to your investers.

This thread has got to stop.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I don’t think we should have the word racist used at all because its meaning has changed and mostly in my opinion due to the US media and its treatment of people of differing skin colour and economic class.

I think the poster’s question shows that he’s fearful of losing his rights to be a citizen in his own country at the expense of immigration policies that do not protect his rights and ability to have a decent life in the UK? I can fully empathise with this view and know that when you send your child to school’s in inner London and you are the ONLY English speaking child in the class (my work colleague lives near ‘Tower Hamlets’) and need special English tutors then we’ve lost all sense of balance and are not looking after the UK citizens.

I do think that his fear of Muslims is media driven and very misplaced and the bombings in my opinion where part of the political game plan (just as September 11th was) and not a reflection of any real Muslim based terror campaign. This suits our and the US government to have a frightened people as it gives them the mandate to further erode commonsense and replace this with nanny-state policies (all except the stopping or control of people coming into the UK?)

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I concur with what "Anonymous ATS", even the "lovey dovery" side of me is disgusted at the level of hate I hold, but it's my life experience that has moulded who I am. I would even consider myself an extremist, if I had the power a mass cull of population (from all walks of life) wouldn't bother me whatsoever and in the state of today’s society I would easily elevate the existence of an animal above that of most of today’s humans.

I suppose to better myself I can try to hate everyone equally and the way things are going one day I will.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by orby1976

Do your research, muslims were not responsible for the july bombings your government was..

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
If you live in Leeds, you probably won't have heard of a local story from Nottingham.

Rizwaan was arrested under the terrorism act and detained for 6 days. Nobody knew his whereabouts and his family home was raided. He was then released without charge but obviously traumatised by his experience.

Rizwaan Sabir, a 22-year-old Mastesr student studying for a Phd the politics department of Nottingham University downloaded (date not known) an edited version of the al-Qaeda handbook from a US government website.

Source

I knew Rizwaan very well as I went to school with him from Infants right up until the day I left Secondary School. I KNOW for a fact that he is in no way a radical muslim and he is famous around Nottingham Uni for leading protests and promoting freedom of speech.

This is one example of a muslim in our society and he should be considered a hero and a role model. Now tell me OP where do you stand on this? Would you think that maybe there is more to this story and that maybe he is linked to terrorism or has this changed your view in any way that not ALL muslims are to be feared?

[edit on 26-5-2008 by fiftyfifty]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by orby1976

That is one of the most tragic posts I've ever read. The fact you're ashamed suggests, to me at least, that you're not racist. You've been subjected to lots of media and press attention to the negative aspects of Islam. Go listen to some Cat Stevens and ask yourself if that is the voice of someone you can hate, if those lyrics were written by a blood-thirsty killer. Not that Cat Stevens represents all muslims, of course.

It's very easy for our minds to become corrupted - we have a tendency to accept messages that are thrown at us day-in and day-out.

Are you scared of Irish people? The reason I ask is because Irish terrorists have killed far more people in the UK than Muslim terrorists. If you're not, then there's a very good chance it's not because you are scared, but because the media tells us that we are all scared.

Be scared of nothing. You're more likely to be hit by a car than blown up by a Muslim terrorist.

I hope you get over your doubts of Muslim folks - there are countless Muslims out there who are just as unhappy about the radicalised, violent types (who are in a MASSIVE minority), and they feel even worse than you do, because they get painted by the same brush as the terrorists do, and they have to go through it every day.

If you are really worried about this, call up the Muslim Council of Britain and ask if you can speak to someone. Islam is all about communication and learning (contrary to how the media portrays it), and I'm sure there's an Imam (or 500) who will speak to you. And they won't blow you up or take you captive.

The violence we're seeing in the mainly-Muslim countries isn't because of Islam, but because that's the religion of the people living the screwed-up lives (screwed up by successive bad governments, instability, economic warfare, physical warfare, etc.). Just as Christianity wasn't the cause of the IRA trying to blow us up, Islam isn't the reason for the current crop of terrorists. It is, however, like all religion a way to speak to someone in very weighted terms, a common danger in any religion. We've seen Christians shoot doctors through exactly the same sort of manipulation. If we saw a predominantly-Christian country suffering the same fate as the middle east, we'd have a metric buttload of Christian terrorists running around. Heck, we still have them in Northern Ireland, on both sides of the political divide.

Chin up, fella. Use your logical, rational brain to get through this. Don't let the media describe your world to you - you should seek it out yourself. People are people - we're all flawed, no matter what you put on your head or which book you like best

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
As i said in the OP there is good and bad in all walks of life.
But why would an un-radicalised young muslim be downloading that and passing it on to his muslim friends?
What was their agenda?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

ATS: Please move this from your main page, please don't ignore me, I will even go as far as to copy this to your sponsors and advertisers and also to the upper management of your LLS company and to your investers.

This thread has got to stop.

You don't like it so your going to cause trouble. I don't agree with most of the comments including some of my own. But it needs to get out, so we can understand each others view point. You run away from the reality of it. That attitude is pathetic.

[edit on 26/5/08 by carslake]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I agree, some peoples views are extreme, but at least we'll all be on the same page. This is what a debate is all about. Yes sometimes they get heated, but to spit your dummy out shows a childish mind.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by carslake

So your 'more loyal to this crown and country than the majority of native British people' Yes I think you are too.

Her Majesty is Queen of England not Queen of the English understand the difference.

Believe me we don't want you to swear an oath to the crown or the 'state', we want you to swear an oath to the people of the U.K. and act in their best interests not the crowns or the 'states'.

Carslake how could I do that in good conscience? I cannot pledge allegiance to all English people because I do not agree with or even like some of them. I would not die in battle for a chav, but I would indeed die for this country. My allegiance is to this country as a geopolitical entity, not to its people.

That said, I recognise that the majority of the English population make England what it is. I would theoretically be able to swear allegiance, if not for the fact that there are some miscreants such as chavs, out of control youths etc who I feel no affinity for.

Yeah it's always like that 'inside looking out', theres still alot of ingrained pragmatism, I'm thankful for that. No offence but if your an immigrant you can't see the change, the culture has regressed take my word for it.

Yep, thats a fair point. In fact I have seen with my own eyes the regression of this country since 1995 to the present day. Undoubtedly one of the biggest causes has been rampant, unchecked immigration and multiculturalism.

LOL respects 44soulslayer, you have no problems integrating then.

I have no problems integrating, since I have integrated. I have a problem with your ideas and beliefs, which is not the same as "having problems integrating". Your views on patriotism and integration do not represent the majority of England's views (thankfully). I hope you can see the difference.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by carslake

You don't like it so your going to cause trouble. I don't agree with most of the comments including some of my own. But it needs to get out, so we can understand each others view point. You run away from the reality of it. That attitude is pathetic.

Ok, this is the problem here. The person who started this thread, did ask a question in a polite manner. The other garbage that got spewed in this thread that the annonymous person is complaining about had nothing to do with the topic. How is getting out racial slurs a way to understand each other? If somebody doesn't like a particular group of people, it's one thing to say they just don't like them, and the point is taken. When comments are peppered with derogitory intent, there is no rationality. How does that lead us to understand each other?

What I do understand now, in this day and age is that there truly are still people in the world that are racist to a degree that is non productive to world peace.

It's very frightening to me.

The anonymous poster is not running away. That person is confronting a backwards, racist mentality.

If that poster could have earned stars, I bet they would be a record setting amount.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucas_1984

Your last point, that muslims keep to themselves, is not necessarily true. I bet you know muslims and don't even realise it. If you want to see true isolationism and non-integration, check out Golders Green. It's not Islam, but it's close :-P

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join