It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I Racist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan

People from Europe stole this country from Native American Indians.

Do you intentionally post untruths?

In order for something to be stolen, first it must be OWNED.

Considering indians didn't believe in land ownership, nothing could have been stolen from them.

Simply occupying something doesn't mean you own it.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire

People from Europe stole this country from Native American Indians.

Do you intentionally post untruths?

In order for something to be stolen, first it must be OWNED.

Considering indians didn't believe in land ownership, nothing could have been stolen from them.

Good point. But even if Europeans did steal America, it's because we were smart enough and powerful enough and advanced as a race to do it.

How did Blacks get here? Did they build boats and sail here? No of course not, they are not advanced enough of a race to even build a wheel let alone a vessel worthy to sail the ocean. The way they got here was we shipped them here (which was a huge mistake mind you).

If blacks were as advanced of a race to sail across the ocean, and colonize a new land, turn that new land into a thriving society with large cities and the most powerful nation in the world, then I would say they deserve to stay here.

But what have blacks as a race accomplished? They still live in Africa building mud huts and eating bugs.

And any US City they populate, they turn it into a american africa. Look at Detroit. It used to be the one of the best cities to live in, and a very, very safe city. That was when it was 99% white. Now the city is 85%+ black, and it's the most dangerous city to live in with the highest crime rate of any US city. It's falling apart, buildings are burning to the ground and crumbling.

The same can be said for HARLEM. You know, the famous black area where everyone knows if they go to, they are going to get robbed or killed, especially if they are white? Well, Harlem actually used to be 99% white before the "White flight", and a safe place to live. Now it's a black area, and again, one of the most dangerous places to live.

Surprise, surprise. Put a third-world race into a first-world city, and what are you going to get? Do you expect them to adapt to civilized society?

If you took 20,000 tigers and lions and let them loose in an American city, do you expect them to adapt to Civilized society, or are they going to go around attacking people and killing?

My point is made.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Why would they have to worry about owning something when they were here first. They didn't have to worry about it until people came along with small pox infected blankets to get them off their land.

So, if I come over to your house and decide to move in, even if you occupy it, does that make it ok? Of course I will expect you to move out.

This is way off topic from the original post, the point is, this is a small planet. Nobody really ownes any of it. It's time we all share the space we have, no matter what our religious or ethnic backgrounds are.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by Enthralled Fan]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Private property rights are one of the cornerstones of something called freedom. I assume you've heard of it correct?

The "white settlers" didn't do anything to the indians that the indians themselves weren't doing to other tribes.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentStovkowski

My Personal Opinion

It is true that Europeans stole America and yes some of it was to do with Europeans being technologically advanced.

But In both the United States and Canada treaties (contracts) between the Government and different tribes or bands if you will were drawn up and signed.

Now the Governments did not live up to the treaties which should mean that under contract law the Governments of both places defaulted on the contract and any agreements would be null and void.

Now we all know thats not gonna happen but it's a penny for your thoughts.

Africans had to been advanced enough to make it to Australia without the help of the Europeans.

Your opinion of Detroit is from the 90's bud!! Detroit is making a hug economic turnaround even though mr Kilpatricks in alot of trouble for an alleged affair.

Devils night you no longer see fires and buildings are being revitalized.

Most Dangerous city to live in is apparently Camden NJ.

You have to give people time to adapt, lets throw someone used to living in North America into the middle of the jungle and see how well they do right off the bat!!

Butr this is all just my humble opinion

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentStovkowski

Good point. But even if Europeans did steal America, it's because we were smart enough and powerful enough and advanced as a race to do it.

And what race do you mean?

How did Blacks get here? Did they build boats and sail here? No of course not, they are not advanced enough of a race to even build a wheel let alone a vessel worthy to sail the ocean. The way they got here was we shipped them here (which was a huge mistake mind you).

You mean they were kidnapped and forced into slavery? That is a far cry from you insinuating they just hitched a ride!

If blacks were as advanced of a race to sail across the ocean, and colonize a new land, turn that new land into a thriving society with large cities and the most powerful nation in the world, then I would say they deserve to stay here.

Maybe they were happy where they were and didn't want to leave.

But what have blacks as a race accomplished? They still live in Africa building mud huts and eating bugs.

Considering Egypt is located in Africa, I don't agree with you. Look what the ancient Africans of that country accomplished.

And any US City they populate, they turn it into a american africa. Look at Detroit. It used to be the one of the best cities to live in, and a very, very safe city. That was when it was 99% white. Now the city is 85%+ black, and it's the most dangerous city to live in with the highest crime rate of any US city. It's falling apart, buildings are burning to the ground and crumbling.

Once again, all black people are not from Africa!

The same can be said for HARLEM. You know, the famous black area where everyone knows if they go to, they are going to get robbed or killed, especially if they are white? Well, Harlem actually used to be 99% white before the "White flight", and a safe place to live. Now it's a black area, and again, one of the most dangerous places to live.

Who's everyone? I never heard that before, and I'm white!

Surprise, surprise. Put a third-world race into a first-world city, and what are you going to get? Do you expect them to adapt to civilized society?

Yes, I do.

If you took 20,000 tigers and lions and let them loose in an American city, do you expect them to adapt to Civilized society, or are they going to go around attacking people and killing.

tigers and lions are not black people. They are animals.

My point is made.

What was your point again? I seem to have missed it.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I don't understand the previous remark about Africans having made it to Australia without help from Europeans. As I recall from a high school science class, Black Africans are Negroes, while the black Australian Aborigines are actually classified as Caucasian. I though that was very interesting.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
My personal Opinion

Well as you may also recall from science class you may have leanred that Africa was the cradle of humanity and therefore everybody from caucasian, asians etc are decended from Africa.

Or you could go the other route and say that everybody evolved independantly of eahcother and every race is a different species I guess if you want to dabble in a little pseudoscience.

But if you need a link here you go

www.abc.net.au...

thats my humble opinion

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miishgoos
My personal Opinion

Well as you may also recall from science class you may have leanred that Africa was the cradle of humanity and therefore everybody from caucasian, asians etc are decended from Africa.

Or you could go the other route and say that everybody evolved independantly of eahcother and every race is a different species I guess if you want to dabble in a little pseudoscience.

But if you need a link here you go

www.abc.net.au...

thats my humble opinion

exactly and it annoys me the fact that they decide to segregate us, torture us,murder and kill, put us to work as slaves, belittle us, rape us of our women and children, our land. I could go on and on.

And don't give us a load of garbage that you were not directly responsible. If you can say this then you do believe that the next muslim person you meet is not directly responsible for london bombings.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

How is any white today responsible for slavery?

Cant wait to hear this one...

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
To orby1976 no you are not a racist at least i hope not. A racist is someone that is irrationally intolerant of all other races and creeds other than there own for absolutely no reason apart from the colour of their skin which is sheer and utter lunacy.

At worst u are intolerant of muslims now, which is kind of understandable due to the mass manipulation of the uk and usa. Which states a lot of muslims are the enemy and are terrorists which is total propaganda.
The reason the media and news has targeted muslims is complex yet very simple at the same time, oil, war and religion.

In this day and age to convince a westernised country to go to war u must show that they are a real threat and that we are MUST act to save ourselves. In the case of the muslims they are now an easy and attractive target for the usa and england to take on for these main reasons:
1. They have massive oil fields and wealth
2. They are the fastest growing religions on the planet
3. They claim that there Quran is the up dated version of the bible and torah (which aggravates those religions)
4. They keep to themselves and are usually segregated from the country/culture they live in

Having met and debated with many muslims you will find most of them very nice and genuinely good people (maybe a little one sighted but most religious people are).

The problem we have is that there are evil people in all walks of life and that there are also very suggestible people who can be brainwashed by the right person. With this in mind you can see why some vulnerable people are corrupted into becoming suicide bombers by very evil men. But don't let that tarnish the the reputation of all other muslims as their are 1 billion plus muslims round the world and as i've said all bar a handful are very good holy people who don't deserve to be shown animosity.

The people you should be worried about are those in power and what future plans they have. And then what repucuccions that we the people we will have to endure, as a result . You can be sure of one thing those in power will be safe as houses it is us the public who take the full force of any retaliation.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Why would they have to worry about owning something when they were here first. They didn't have to worry about it until people came along with small pox infected blankets to get them off their land.

So, if I come over to your house and decide to move in, even if you occupy it, does that make it ok? Of course I will expect you to move out.

This is way off topic from the original post, the point is, this is a small planet. Nobody really ownes any of it. It's time we all share the space we have, no matter what our religious or ethnic backgrounds are.

I have two words for you: Kennewick Man.

If you don't know who Kennewick Man is, look it up.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

My personal Opinion

what people fail to recognize is that the events of the past still have reprecussions to this day on peoples decendants.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

My personal Opinion

what people fail to recognize is that the events of the past still have reprecussions to this day on peoples decendants.

Thats a pretty common claim, however the facts don't back it up.

Literally trillions of dollars have been spent on social programs in which blacks are the chief beneficiary, yet they still lag behind.

The biggest problem in the black community today is a lack of personal responsibility, and slavery had nothing to do with that.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

My personal Opinion

and btw can we stick to the Original post!

sorry i have to quote you again since you elaborated on my post

Am I gonna judge every european, caucasian american due to their history of racism, discrimination, violence, wars, segregation? No!

Am I going to judge every muslim for the past mistake of handful of them bombing london? NO!..

yes you are judging them by being wary of them.

Its like saying I want to buy this watch but I have to be wary of the cost. Are you not going to judge the next couple of watches by the amount it costs.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by nahsik]

[edit on 25-5-2008 by nahsik]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

You do know that every race has a history of racism, discrimination, violence, wars, and segregation right?

You act as if whites invented those ideas.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Kupios and FredT

I absolutely agree Terrorism is winning, and the government is a part of why it iis. We''re so conditioned into thinking that one race/group of people are the ones we should be fearing through all forms of media and for alot of people is almost becoming the Norm.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LI(f)E.

Very true.

The 2 biggest threats to the United States today are:

- The U.S. government

and

- Immigration.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

You mean they were kidnapped and forced into slavery? That is a far cry from you insinuating they just hitched a ride!

You seem to think whites just strolled over to Africa and kidnapped them for slavery. You are dead wrong and should reexamine history. Africans SOLD THEIR OWN into slavery.

And the jewish people were the biggest slave traffickers, and incase you don't know, jews are not white, they are semetic (hence the term: Anti-semitism). Arabs are also semetic. Semetic = middle eastern. They are not white even though they look white.

Maybe they were happy where they were and didn't want to leave.

Happy in a hell-hole, living in mud huts and eating bugs? Or they could go to America and leech off of the white man's achievements. Which would you choose?

Considering Egypt is located in Africa, I don't agree with you. Look what the ancient Africans of that country accomplished.

Modern day borders mean nothing. South Africa is also in Africa, but it's largely a white country.

Egyptians were not black. They were white, they were mediteranean. Do these portraits of ancient egyptians look black to you? Notice the blonde hair, the thin caucaisian noses, the caucasian facial features.

Modern-day egyptians aren't even black. They are mixed berber and arab.

Who's everyone? I never heard that before, and I'm white!

You must either be young, or never get out of the house if you don't know about Harlem's reputation.

Yes, I do.

Alright, will you please tell me how long it's going to take? Because they've been here for 200+ years and they still haven't adapted. And I'm getting tired of them killing us and raping our women.

tigers and lions are not black people. They are animals.

Black people are animals, as are white people. Humans are just a little bit more intelligent than what we call "animals". And white humans are a lot more intelligent than black humans.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by orby1976
I live in Leeds not too far from Beeston where the july 7 bombers came from.

No, my dear friend. The real terrorists came from London. They reside in your highest offices.

Have you not heard of the drills going on at the very same time, at the very same location for the very same event? And you believe that is just coincidence?

But the thing that bothers me is i never had a problem with muslims, i accept thet there is good and bad in all races.

The real worry should be that the media has misinformed you so much that you think "Muslim" is an ethnicity.

Now i am very untrusting of them, and i am sick of our government letting them move over here to live.

So you'd like to live in a fascist police state where the government decides who can and cannot live where? Do you even realize that once you give them that right to be the 'decider' that YOUR rights are gone as well?

We dont know if they are radicalised or not. must we live in fear while the government lets more over.Are we living in an invasion or what?

So they're all terrorists? That's what you're saying?

Hey, if you can judge people based on race and religion and assume they are a terrorist based on very little, if any at all, FACTS, then how do we know you're not a terrorist?

How does your government know you're not a terrorist?

How would you feel if they went on very little, if any at all, FACTS and arrested you and told you where to live, what to do and how to live the rest of your life, all for being a 'suspected' terrorist?

Now put yourself in the shoes of Arabs and Muslims who face that suspicion every day because of people like you.

And now i feel ashamed.

You should. You've let your government influence your opinion. You've let them strike fear in to you to the point where you're bowing down to them to protect you at what ever cost, including your freedom. You're basically saying to them you want to be a slave, just protect you from the big bad Muslims.

Wake up before its too late. Realize whats going on. Maybe you don't believe the conspiracy theories. But at the very least, realize how your government is taking advantage of the fear and taking away your freedoms. You don't have to believe one to realize the other.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join