It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I Racist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Not too sure where to put this post, mods please move if you wish.

I live in Leeds not too far from Beeston where the july 7 bombers came from. This for me is very worrying indeed. This is on my doorstep.
But the thing that bothers me is i never had a problem with muslims, i accept thet there is good and bad in all races.
Now i am very untrusting of them, and i am sick of our government letting them move over here to live.
We dont know if they are radicalised or not. must we live in fear while the government lets more over.Are we living in an invasion or what?
Was it not Enoch Powell who said the streets of England would be paved in blood.
Now i feel racist for feeling like this, but yet i never set out to feel like this. And now i feel ashamed.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Yes you are a racist...

If the world rids of racist 1's..i believe humans will be in peace.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Then Im afraid the terrorist have won. they have forced a fundemental change in the society you/we live in

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Islam the race?! Don't you mean religion?

I think you're off to bad start here.

What you perhaps meant to say is that with all the terror hype you're becoming suspicious of the profile that the government draws up of "the enemy", which happens to most unfortunately fuel some very very nasty beliefs like racism.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Dont get me wrong i dont hate muslims at all, but now im untrusting of them.
We dont know if they cheered when the twin towers went down, or if they celebrated after the london bombings. We just dont know anything about them.

+3 more 
posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
You are not racist. This is just a term to make people back down from patriotism.

I could go on all night about this but instead ill keep it relatively short.

Racism is about undermining another person on the grounds of there skin colour or the way they look. This was the way it was originally defined.

Racism has now become a politic agenda whereby if you disagree with someone who is not of your cultures politics, religion, country, views, cultural differences, opinions and opportunities you are deemed racist.

This is a huge topic but if you look at Britian for example this year we have had the highest rate of emigration than ever before so more people are moving abroad and at the same time more immigrants are coming in. Therefore it is eventually going to be the same for every country in the world.

The result?

We will have countries that all have mixed opinions, views, ideologies, religions and of course looks. This is one of the biggest NWO conspiracies that the elite are mixing us all together to make it easier to introduce new laws and form a one world government.

The thing that prevents people from stopping it??

Racism! because if you disagree with anothers view, you are racist!

On another note you say "untrusting" that is exactly how the gov wants you to feel and exactly how they want others to shout racist!

You will probably find that most will say you are racist because of the propaganda. This is because they go with media spin rather than actually read things properly and have a mind of their own.

Done

[edit on 24-5-2008 by XXXN3O]

[edit on 24-5-2008 by XXXN3O]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by orby1976
We just dont know anything about them.

You're depicting them as another species or something there my friend. So yes, this is racist and very, very ignorant.

Go out and talk to a Muslim, you'll see that they are no different to anyone else. I'm sure that some did cheer when the Towers came down, but then again, I imagine people from every religion probably would have.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar

Originally posted by orby1976
We just dont know anything about them.

You're depicting them as another species or something there my friend. So yes, this is racist and very, very ignorant.

Go out and talk to a Muslim, you'll see that they are no different to anyone else. I'm sure that some did cheer when the Towers came down, but then again, I imagine people from every religion probably would have.

I didn't use the term them out of ignorance, but refering to those let over to our country.
It's about time people stopped being afraid to speak their minds. This world is just too p.c.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by orby1976

I wouldn't call you a racist. It is our nature as human beings to dislike things that are not of our usual norm. Most of the immigrants that come to this country "U.S." are searching for a better life then what they had. of course there some bad apples in the barrel. But you always will have some.

Just live a good life and don't hurt others.. And all will be ok.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Cmon for crying out loud!

Terror is exactly the same thing here. If the T Team even exist then isnt it exactly the same as people in general are experiencing. Fear of the unknown person that is in my country. They keep us separate for a reason we are still separate from our neighbours even when they live next door for god sake.

Conflict.

Problem, reaction then solution.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by orby1976

i dont think you are rasist. i think you are concerned about your country much like us americans and the mexican people. i dont dislike mexicans one of my best friends ive known for 26 years is one. but i do dislike the way they are taking over our country..

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Oh and people... So much hatred spilling out here.. The person was asking a question.. If it seemed racially/religiously motivated.. Then with care explain to the person
that it was inappropriate and to correct the current mind set. Not to berate the individual for asking a question. We must all learn to be understanding and compassionate. Correct what is wrong. Make changes where needed.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
What you describe is not "racism"...."prejudice" is a more accurate. But, you're fearful, and fear activates the most primitive parts of our brains.
The best weapon against fear is enlightenment...learn about the things that you fear, and your fear will diminish and you'll be wiser to boot!

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
No not racist at all. Our governments have brainwashed pretty much everyone into thinking muslims are bad.

A clip from the movie Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay comes to mind. There is an old lady on an airplane, and the main character sits across from her. He is Indian I think but because he's brown and looks like he is Arab, all she sees is a man wearing a turban saying he's going to blow the plane up.

You see it's not your fault if your'e distrusting of Muslims. We have it beat into our heads everyday that they hate us.

Plus you can't be racist towards a religion.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
C'mon Zanzibar what he means by that is they ghetto-ize themselves, don't speak the language and have an innate distrust themselves of white people.

Somewhere theres a complete fool who tells evrybody that arrives in the country that white guys with short haircuts will murder them and their family. Over 50% of white males where I live in Yorkshire have shaved heads whilst only a few of these are actively racist, I mean it's like saying all black people sell crack.

He's got a right not to trust people in an atmosphere of general distrust. I mean the truth is the politicians send them to a place which is economically depressed and they expect to earn a living, there aren't any jobs FFS!!

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
You are racist. I believe you should not be worried about getting bombed by a 'muslim' terrorist as much as getting robbed by local on the side of the street. Or even glassed during a night out. Get me?

Your like a white american who were worried by the blacks intermingling with their race in schools, on busses and public places. You are judging a whole race through a handful of people. Should we judge every american as being greedy red neck war mongerers?

I can bet you that not one of these people who agreed with you are of coloured or middle eastern descendant. How do you think they feel for being singled out and harassed or discriminated against in the general public?

Understand their religion and culture first hand before you go making your decision on what definitely has been influenced by the media and government. Did we not see through their lies already?

[edit on 24-5-2008 by nahsik]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
If someone singled me out in a crowd and threw slurs at me.. There would be a major A** beating.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Your probably racist and gullible.
You believe whatever you see on the news and whatever
the government tells you to be afraid of.
You need to go out and talk to a variety of people
You will see there is good and bad in every race, religion, culture, gender.

I lived next to muslims for a while, they were exactly like any other
neighbor I have lived next to.

You should go out and experience the world, and dont be afraid of
anything or anyone.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Yeah exactly. I wonder how often they would get it if they were going for a night out to the bar, pub, club for a round of drinks an a drunken fool starts them up by singling them out as middle eastern and told to get out of this country..

Their are so many examples proven in getting a job, at the workplace or just in the general eye of the public that first impression does count and being different will initially downgrade you.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josephine
You believe whatever you see on the news and whatever
the government tells you to be afraid of.

That's totally contrary to what he said in the OP. He's on about the government stopping immigration. And I don't understand why they allow people to emmigrate here when theres nothing for them (my mistake there's the welfare state, because thers no job opportunities) XXXN30 gives you an idea of why this happens.

You will see there is good and bad in every race, religion, culture, gender.

Did he not state that himself in the OP. Wake UP!!!

Originally posted by nahsik
I believe you should not be worried about getting bombed by a 'muslim' terrorist as much as getting robbed by local on the side of the street. Or even glassed during a night out. Get me?

He already lives in a culture that has a high incidence of casual violence, so he's already got a good chance of being killed on the street. But he thinks he should be worried also about suicide bombers maybe thats irrational but it's still valid.

Yeah exactly. I wonder how often they would get it if they were going for a night out to the bar, pub, club for a round of drinks an a drunken fool starts them up by singling them out as middle eastern and told to get out of this country..
Their are so many examples proven in getting a job, at the workplace or just in the general eye of the public that first impression does count and being different will initially downgrade you.

Do you think you've gone a bit too far, he's asking if he's racist because he feels he can't trust them, it's not about whether he's a racist because he doesn't like their skin colour, he doesn't want to discriminate he's just wary of people.

Your like a white american who were worried by the blacks intermingling with their race in schools, on busses and public places. You are judging a whole race through a handful of people. Should we judge every american as being greedy red neck war mongerers?

And we've lived with them for 30 years+ and no real problems. No his fear is about being blown up when they become radicalised, not whether his mom is going to run off with a black guy.

Understand their religion and culture first hand before you go making your decision on what definitely has been influenced by the media and government. Did we not see through their lies already?

What he doesn't understand is 'they ghetto-ize themselves, don't speak the language and have an innate distrust themselves of white people'(they're racist). So the media and government have the same message then don't trust muslims from what you say, I don't think that's true.

I think your missing the subtlety involved and in truth he's not being that subtle, let's try not to throw the word racism around like it's a fad, let's give him the benefit of the doubt and let's not be so quick to judge.

[edit on 25/5/08 by carslake]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join