It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this an orb next my daughter?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Hi all,

Tonight, after what feels like a lifetime of nagging, i took my 10 year old daughter on her first ghost hunt.

Despite her young age, she is a huge fan of anything paranormal, and up to a point i'll help her expand her knowledge in her favourite interest.

So tonight, we did a basic first investigation at a local church. It's a 1000 years old so seemed like a good place to start.

Long story short, my daughter had a wail of a time, it was a bit spooky once it got dark but the investigation was thick with many of the curiosities that you'd expect.

We took a fair few photos, i only have a basic Canon Powershot A420 but it did the job.

At the end of the investigation, i took a photo of my daughter in front of the church, surrounding her were some of the oldest gravestones in the cemetary, dating back to the 1600's we believe.

On one pic, there appears to be a couple of what some people would describe as orbs. One is quite big, and completely spherical in shape.

Now i'm posting this as i have always been a bit of a sceptic when it comes to orbs. I believe in most things paranormal, but most "round orbs" on digital pics, i'm not sure about. Mainly because i have very little knowledge of photography relating to the paranormal.

So i was hoping others here could take a look and see what they think. I think my eldest is hoping it's a spirit lol, but i've said that theres a good chance it may not be.

There was definately no lights on around the church, no street lighting nearby and no other dwellings either that could of given off any light source.

Here it is anyway, theres the larger "orb?" to the right of the pic where she appears to be looking, and i think theres another smaller one above her head towards the roof of the church.

img172.imageshack.us...

Also, i took another pic which is a good example that even something you know for certain is normal, can look a bit freaky. This next pic is of my daughter walking behind a gravestone, however it's dark, blurred and all you can see is the red of her eyes and the flashes of her jacket markings. Yes ok, i'm the worst photographer ever!

Certainly made us both look twice when it came up on the computer screen!
At least i think it's her!

img186.imageshack.us...

All in all she had a great first investigation. She has written a detailed log and is looking forward to her next location.

Thanks for any advice on this.

CX.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
hmm it certainly does look strange but it might jsut be a reflection off something on the backpack and one other thing.......... if you look at the top window the black one you can see the outline of a person just to let you know i found that interesting

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Most "orbs" are just out of focus dust or water droplets near, or on the lens of the camera...that's what these look like. For example, here are hundred of orbs I photographed in a house I was helping renovate....lots of drywall dust.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Most of the Orbs, I have seen well the ones in my old haunted house were Black with a blue center.. They appear different to each individual depending on your level of awareness.

[edit on 24-5-2008 by Lantian]

CX

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Cheers for the replys

This is why i thought i'd ask, however i might just tell her that i could'nt come up with any proof that they were'nt or were orbs...just to keep the enthusiasm alive.

I have to say though, all the other pics in the seconds before and after this was taken, do not have these in them. So i'm ruling out dirt on the lens.

CX.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
No!!!! Thas not dirt on the lens! It might be a reflection, but is there any reflective surface on her backpack? I gotta tell you, I took those into photshop and messed around with them a bit. Pretty interesting to say the least.

EDIT

I had an interesting experience in a graveyard, I was video taping but when I viewed the tape later it was like somebody had put a magnet to the tape and messed it all up the rest of the tape I took outside of the graveyard was perfectly fine.

[edit on 24-5-2008 by 12.21.12]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Probably their little way to say HI. It's hard to communicate once your dead.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I must admit CX I'm a bit of a skeptic when it comes to orbs too. Even if there was something to them so to speak, the fact that the effect can be produced by various known things (as demonstrated from sensfan's pic for one) makes them hard to accept as being paranormal.

Got to say though it is nice to see someone taking an interest in this stuff at such a young age, I also became interested in the paranormal and just about anything 'weird' (Aliens, Mythical Beasts, you name it) when I was very young and I still haven't lost that interest (21 now). I hope your daughter remains enthusiastic anyway
As I got older, even though my beliefs changed to account for new information and I became more skeptical about some things I'd read when I was younger I never saw it as a waste of time and it never stopped me from venturing further into the unknown! Even the theories which simply seem too fantastical to be real can be more interesting than any fiction, and the possibility that they're might be something in it just makes it all the more fascinating

Lantian, when you say that "all orbs appear different to each individual depending on your level of awareness", do you mean to say that you could look at the same picture showing orbs (whichever picture that may be) as me and see something different? Or do you mean they actually seem to appear different once a photo is developed depending on who was in the room and taking the picture at the time?

CX

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rmar64
Got to say though it is nice to see someone taking an interest in this stuff at such a young age, I also became interested in the paranormal and just about anything 'weird' (Aliens, Mythical Beasts, you name it) when I was very young and I still haven't lost that interest (21 now). I hope your daughter remains enthusiastic anyway

Thanks for that, i hope she stays enthusiastic too, but either way, at least she'll grow up with an open mind. Won't be long before she's introduced to ATS too.

Must admit, this is one of the few sites that i would'nt mind her visiting as i know it's so strictly moderated. She'd learn more foul language in the playground than she would here.

I started an interest in the paranormal at a young age too. I remember finding an "Arthur C Clarke's Mysterious World" book at a book sale. Picked it up for 10p, and never looked back.

My daughter wants to start a little website or a blog now to record her investigations, so i'll give her all the help she wants with that.

Thanks again,

CX.

top topics

join