It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GMO foods: Are we eating ourselves to death?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Well done, tt777. Another disinfo agent vanquished. I recommend that everyone do what I’m doing and grow some heirloom variety staples such as corn, potatoes, beans, etc. With an eye toward both preserving the genetic diversity of open pollinated crops for the future, and putting healthy food on your family today.
It's up to us to take back control over our diets and health.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DezertSkies

Good information DezertSkies.

I stopped eating processed food when I realized it was causing my depression. Was on antidepressants for 7 years and the meds really messed me up.

I found that after consuming clean organic food for over a year, my body is flushing out the toxic crap from the processed food I ate for decades. Now whenever I eat something processed, I have severe reactions to it. Headaches, fatigue, RLS, depression, rashes, etc.

If everyone would just make that effort to get off the toxic crap, they can actually be effective in our society. But they're so dumbed down that they can't see it.

And I agree about needing smaller portions of clean food. When you eat organic food (especially raw), you're getting so much more nutrition that you actually eat less. I love it. I can slice up some raw veggies on a plate and discover that I don't need anything else.

Another thing that people need to realize is that it's not just the food. There's all kinds of toxic chemicals in the products we use. What you put on your skin gets absorbed into your body and can cause direct damage to the organs. I went organic with everything: soaps, lotions, makeup, shampoo, toothpaste, laundry detergent, dish detergent, cleaning supplies. You can lookup all of your products and see how safe or unsafe they are at the cosmetics database - www.cosmeticsdatabase.com...

This is a very important topic and needs lots of attention. Be sure to ignore anyone who tries to trivialize this information. They're just trying to keep this dirty secret hidden.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Like several others have done, I started to eat more organic foods about 18 mths ago. I started with chicken, eggs, butter and milk, this led eventually to an almost 100% organic diet purely due to the difference in taste.

I didn't pay much attention to the difference it made to my health at first, I think this was because it happened slowly over the months. In the past few weeks however, we had a financial crisis, and had to revert to buying cheap frozen stuff from the supermarket and it only took days to notice the difference in my health, it quickly reverted back to how it was before I changed my diet

Living in a city appartment with no garden, I decided to rent an allotment and grow my own veggies, I was horrified the other day when I was down at the plot, there was an empty Monsanto herbicide box lying beside the rubbish skip. They have conquered some of home growing market.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This topic has been inactive for some time and, making this post, I wish to revive it and bring it to the attention of ATS once again.

As someone mentioned, the artificially-inserted DNA in GMO crops is extremely unstable and will interact with the DNA of the organism that digests it. You can say that GMO foods "genetically modifies" (to a certain extent) the organism digesting the GMO food.

Monsanto's official position on GMO crops is that GMO is necessary to increase yield, decrease water consumption, and protect the crop from pests. And yet, as genetically-contaminated crops have been planted worldwide, the global food crisis isn't getting any better. The food crisis was engineered by the Global Elite; the same Elite who then propose solving it by genetically contaminating our crops.

The US is the only country where the labeling of GMO crops is not necessary. Just look at how Monsanto tries to justify that:

SOURCE

Since genetically-modified (GM/GMO) crops came onto the market, there’s been a lot of debate about whether foods containing ingredients from GM crops should be labeled. Some people believe it’s a right-to-know issue, and all products containing ingredients from GM crops should be labeled as such.

If a corporation is going to release a product proven to be harmful to humans, they might at least provide warning labels.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) oversees food labeling laws in the United States. The FDA has determined that where genetically-modified crops don’t differ from non-GM crops, that products containing them don’t have to be labeled. FDA does require the product to be labeled if the ingredient is a potential allergen, or somehow changes the nutritional properties of the food. To date, no approved biotech crop is either an allergen, or has any significant nutritional differences from non-GM counterparts.

And who payed the FDA to say that?

Some might ask what the harm would be in requiring the labeling of products. U.S. labeling laws are based on health and safety. Requiring labeling for ingredients that don’t pose a health issue would undermine both our labeling laws and consumer confidence.

That is the single most biased statement on their website.

A better question might be: What would be the benefits of labeling products containing GM ingredients? Individuals who make a personal decision not to consume food containing GM ingredients can easily avoid such products. In the U.S., they can purchase products that are certified as organic under the National Organic Program. They can also buy products which companies have voluntarily labeled as not containing GM ingredients. The law allows for voluntary labeling so long as the information is accurate, truthful and avoids misleading consumers about the food. Monsanto supports both options.

A better question would be: who benefits from NOT labeling GMO products.

Individuals who make a personal decision not to consume food containing GM ingredients can easily avoid such products.

I disagree with that.

Monsanto people not only make terrible products; they also make terrible liars.

Look at what lengths Monsanto had to go to cover up the truth about their "products":

www.youtube.com...

As a final statement, an independent research group found that in almost all cases, a lab rat population fed a GMO diet developed obesity and mental insanity by just the second generation of consumption. Is that not what is happening to the US? Does that not sound like mass population control?

And, finally, what steps can a consumer take to completely avoid GMO food? How does one know that the product labeled "organic" is non-GMO? How does one know that the seeds he plants in his garden are non-GMO? And, finally, why is it illegal for a citizen to import foreign GMO-free seeds into the US while it is perfectly legal for Monsanto to exports huge quantities of genetically-contaminated seeds?

[edit on 21-8-2008 by thetruth777]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join