It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do water filters/softeners "clean out" the fluoride?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
My water district started water fluoridation about 6 months ago, and I'm wondering: Does my filter/softener knock out that crap?

Water softener is supposed to use softener salt to remove calcium ions that lead to soap scum, but does it also remove the fluoride ions? And foes my under-the-sink water filter remove fluoride?

P.S. How does one determine if a particular brand of water softener/filter clean out the fluoride?

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
What, no replies?????

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777
What, no replies?????

There has been discussion on this on other threads on ATS, might be a good idea to check for yourself.

Basically though, the only ways to remove fluoride from your drinking water is:
a) reverse osmosis filters
b) distillation

I have heard claims by other filter manufacturers, but so far I have not seen any test results to back them up. Fluoride is very hard to remove - period.

Duncan

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
No, they do not. They add stuff to the water, actually.

To remove pollutants you need a reverse osmosis filter or distillation.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Great question, this is a very contriversal question. In my own opinion i believe it does, i know a great business which can offer loads of water softeners information. I hope this helps.

reply to post by thetruth777

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   
At one point there was a water softener in my basement, but for an unknown reason it was taken out. I am on a well and septic; water is fairly hard, measured at 250 ppm (15(gpg).

I would like to add a water softener again, but the choices and info at local stores such as Lowes, Menards, Sears, etc leaves something to be desired.

The house has a kitchen and three bathrooms, but at present only me living in it. Gas water heater. No dishwashers or whirlpools, though I do shower daily, sometimes more in summer.

Any comments from knowledgeable people about brands known for quality, features or other issues to look for are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Bella

posted on Apr, 29 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: bellajeri

Most solutions are a subtraction not an addition ... Women dont understand this, and apparently the men now want to add product atop of product also.

Email these guys. [email protected]

Properly filtered water will replace entire cabinets full of women's " beauty and hair product". Stuff plastic bottled "product" companies don't want you to know. Soaps with a thousand ingredients, plastic skin coatings, chemical creams and silicone posing as shampoo .. Very obvious why no one knows jack about water filtration. Its not on TV!

new topics

top topics

join