It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions to an Occultist

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by TheComte

What do you mean by invoke, can you explain further? Also, can you share your experiences?

The meaning of 'invoke' I am using here is to call forth by incantation. I do not invoke demons. I read books.

[edit on 24-5-2008 by TheComte]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Comte, I see where you are coming from... it is indeed very hard to believe in "superficial" or anything magick related with the critical thinking skills possessed by intelligent peoples; as these ideas/beliefs are all generally created by men (i.e. religion). This said, without truly attempting to actually delve into such practices yourself (and correct me If i am wrong as I don't know you), you cannot truly have an opinion on such matters.

I realize he did not answer any of your questions, but perhaps it is not the right time for him, or he feels as though he does not wish to answer your questions... I really have no idea but it seems his intent is genuinely good.

My question I will leave you with is this: what was your experience with occultism (and reading and studying does not really constitute much in my opinion), did you actually try these practices or simply wave them off as hocus pocus

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I am going to keep on asking until i get a damn answer,
If anyone interested in the worshiping of any 'ancient' gods,
Can kindly explain to me why there is a false temple in America,
supposedly worshiping the almighty?
If they really understood, they would've known of the re-birthing process

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ditrix
My question I will leave you with is this: what was your experience with occultism (and reading and studying does not really constitute much in my opinion), did you actually try these practices or simply wave them off as hocus pocus

Oh, it doesn't constitute much does it? How do you suppose a real adept acquires knowledge of rituals? Not by reading and studying the grimoires? Besides, if you don't perform the rituals correctly they will not work.

No, I haven't tried to perform any rituals, but I know how to, what you need and what to say. I have all the grimoires. The truth is I don't really want to try them because I think something might just happen.

Plus, I never 'waved them off as hocus pocus.' I simply said that in all probability the OP doesn't have any real knowledge of the occult.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Soldier Of Darkness

There are no limits to what you can attain, material, or spiritual, it all depends on your dedication, and your willingness to sacrifice certain parts of your psyche and life in order to get what you desire.

Hello SOD, and welcome to ATS.

I have to disagree with the above statement. It depends if it is right for your souls journey as to what limits there are. I myself use High and low Magick as well as other forms. I am on the warriors path and have had some extremely powerful experiences in my years of occult practice.

One thing I do know for sure. Everyones path is different and not everyone is ready for "no limits" and the universe will always deal with that accordingly. When you reach higher levels of the Occult you learn this through experience. I am a master projectionist and intuitive empath. MY estranged wife is a medium.

If you have any questions SOD I will be happy to answer them.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Can you really control demons or the dark forces? Also, once you are on the other side, why do you loose your friends and family?

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Have not spoken to either of them no, and erm...i don't think they fly UFO's either mate...

No they dont fly UFO's. They manifest them as a thought-form in our minds because we cannot comprehend the true Order of the Serpent.

They manifest themselves throughout history and in modern times some see them as aliens because that is where our minds are now in the technology.

What are your thoughts on the coming of the Dajjals?

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Can you really control demons or the dark forces? Also, once you are on the other side, why do you loose your friends and family?

There are different forces on the other side, just like there are different people on this side. Good and bad. No one has control over others free will for very long and the consequences last for a few lifetimes.

Explain what you mean about losing friends and family. Do you mean why we lose contact while we are still on this side and they passed over?

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

No, many people have stated that they have lost friends and family because of magick. Why does this happen?

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I would like to say that is is nice to see someone of a higher learning be willing to share knowledge and point people in the right direction ( or on the right paths, so to speak ) to be their own source of learned knowledge.

I would like to ak if you know any "occult" signifigance to the many labrynths in spiritual " hot spots ", mid-evil cathedrals, modern cathederals, ancient Greece, meso- america, the mid-west U.S., and other various locations throught out the cultural time line. The kicker to me is they all have extremely simular, if not identical geometric design. What gives? Do you know?

Second, if I may?

Please don't think the first question random. It has I believe they have to do with demesional access points, but I may be wrong. Being these access points they would need the protection of purified land, temple, shrine, cathederal, small stone formation, etc. If that clears it up, cool!

Thanks! May have more quetions later too.

[edit on 24-5-2008 by Young minded old soul]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

No, many people have stated that they have lost friends and family because of magick. Why does this happen?

Oh I see. This is out of fear and ignorance. The Roman Catholic Church and other controlling religions demonized Magick because it wanted to have total control and you cannot control one that works in true Magick. We have been indoctrinated to be fearful of the Occult and friends and family turn away because of this fear and ignorance that started out as a control factor.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied

While Low Magick:

I want to ask something but it probably sounds silly, but when i read this i thought about something i do, ive written the number 8 on a piece of paper and kept it in my wallet, have done for a while now, the idea being, that the number 8 is associated with money/good fortune, and your supposed to concentrate the mind as you write the number down, telling yourself this will bring you good fortune, it has, its not alot of money all in one go, but alot of small things/situations arise where cash just seems to pass my way.

Now i know most people will say rubbish, i tried this and it seems to work, my question is did i somehow do what you have written above unknowingly, as i never related it to Magick, more just a bit of fun, and hey if it works then great??

Interesting thread!

what you did is called sigil magik - your version of it was very simple but neverl the less still sigil magik and by the way all of this supposedly esoteric info is available on the internet - google Chaos magic or go to Sacred Texts ...happy hunting but be very careful what you wish for

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by realshanti
...happy hunting but be very careful what you wish for

Oh my isn't that the truth!! My life is still upside down after going to deep into Magick and intent.

Be very careful because the universe will find the shortest route to your intent. This can become quite hazardous to your happiness in life. BEWARE.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Why do people go into it if it brings so much badness per say.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Why do people go into it if it brings so much badness per say.

I don't know about others but for me it was to find my higher self. It doesn't always bring negative things...its just a very sharp learning curve and an art that is difficult to handle.

Its like fire. If you don't fully understand fire you can end up getting hurt. If you know how to handle fire and to properly control it it is the best tool mankind has ever used. It needs to be used with respect, knowledge, skill and talent. If you do not have the full knowledge it will burn you bad.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Where is the best place to learn? I am reading sacred-texts.com

Also, much of what I am reading is talking about using magick for ones self. Can you use it to gain knowledge in a subject matter, say, chemistry?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I speak from experience and I can only strongly advise anyone against getting involved with the occult. There are severe consequences and I chose to stay away from this.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Hey SOD

Im currently reading a series of books by a guy named Franz Bardon named ''initiation into hermetics''

the book is a training manual where the 1st steps are about thought control and increasing your power of concentration, exactly like you described earlier in the thread (the ''clear your mind of any thoughs for 20 seconds'' thingy)

Part I - Theory: / establishes the foundation of physical existence as explained through the elements / the secret of the Tetragrammaton / the YOD-HE-VAU-HE / Karma, the Law of Cause and Effect / the significance of the physical, astral and spiritual planes / opening the door to initiation without the aid of a teacher.

Part II - Practice: (divided into 10 progressive steps) / self thought control / introspection / conscious eating and breathing / controlling the elements / the practice of mental travel / transformation of character and temperament / astral body projection / loading of tallsmans, amulets and gems / elevation of the spirit to higher spheres including conscious communion with God.

im sure it relates closely to what you are doing.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by moonchild]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Would you be able to suggest any organizations or groups with similar "goals" and teachings that are worth looking into? As far as "low magic" is concerned, I have a certain ritual I guess you could say that I do from time to time and it always seems to work very well for me in obtaining what I want, so I am very curious as to a good organized system for doing so.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Zysin5, I will inform you that JOHN DEE was the court magician to Queen Elizabeth the first in the 16th century. He didn't follow Crowley, he was preceded by him.

Enochian magic comes from the Kabbalah based on the book of Enoch, which was extended and practiced by King Solomon, thus the keys of Solomon. That particular brand of magic uses "angelic" sygils used to invoke and conjure up ethereal beings to be used to carry out your commands.

sorry to rain on your parade of knowledge.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join