It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions to an Occultist

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Do you have a lot of money? If so go purchase a FLIR device and visit someone like the OP in this thread during some of these practices and you would get what your looking for.
However if you publicly announce trying to expose entities in our upper atmosphere you will promptly be dealt with and you won't have your camera in the end.Your post sounds like you are so sure there is nothing to this stuff.I'm as sorry as I can be to have to break it to you ... but you have no idea...NO IDEA!
What is really all around us.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420

Using the rubbish argument that science can't know certain things, when you're talking about something you've experienced and obviously has an effect on this life, is a great sign that you're talking a load of rubbish.

It's not that "science can't know certain things," it's just that it doesn't know them right now. Write all kinds of scientists and ask them how many things they still can't explain. If they're honest, they'll tell you. I'll bet with you there's quite a lot to tell.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Cadbury

Exactly! Heck - don't get me wrong on that. There is a metric buttload of stuff that science can't currently explain. My problem is with the claim that there is stuff we, as people, can know, but that science can't explain. That is ridiculously specious reasoning, and that's what I wanted to point out.

Let me end this post with some quotes from Newton, which are particularly apt:

I do not know what I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.

And one that mirrors my own beliefs on wandering around not trying to understand anything, but merely parrotting it around like it means anything without first being properly understood:

To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture* without making sure of any thing.

* which is exactly what's happening in this thread, and indeed most of the paranormal studies board. People passing around guesses and assertions like they're the truth. We can't learn from guesswork - it's dangerous and wastes time. Yet to point that out gets me labelled a closed-minded skeptic. I guess Newton was one, too. Heck - what did he ever teach us??

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by firegoggles

Nope. That's their job, if they want anyone with an ounce of sense to take them seriously. As Carl Sagan said, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Heck, if the OP has any ability, why didn't they jump on the JREF $1m? On the subject of not thinking about things, Sagan also said:

I try not to think with my gut. If I'm serious about understanding the world, thinking with anything besides my brain, as tempting as that might be, is likely to get me into trouble.

And what we have here is a bunch of people trying to understand the world without using their brain. Jumping to conclusions that require the conjuring up of fanciful assertions piled upon even more fanciful assertions, in what looks eerily like reasoning, until you realise that nothing - nothing - in this thread is substantiated. It's all guesswork.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Well, i heard that most of science is guess work also, they don't have hard facts so they come to conclusions, where did i hear that ??? oh yes, discovery channel...

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by Cadbury

Exactly! Heck - don't get me wrong on that. There is a metric buttload of stuff that science can't currently explain. My problem is with the claim that there is stuff we, as people, can know, but that science can't explain. That is ridiculously specious reasoning, and that's what I wanted to point out.

Ok dave420 allow me to explain this to you. Consider there to be two possible planes of knowledge. One is the physical. The other is the metaphysical. Science is the dominant method for attaining PHYSICAL truths. Science is truth through experimentation and observation, so by definition, it fails in the realm of the unobservable (the after-physical, or metaphysical). However, metaphysical truths cannot be determined by science, as they are not observable in nature and can only be determined through philosophy. In fact, the scientific method itself is a philosophy, but geared towards the physical.

There is a physical and metaphysical property to everything. The physical part of you is your material self; the body. The metaphysical part of you is the concept of who you are. The physical part of the chair is its material. The metaphysical aspect of the chair is the concept of the chair. Before there was a physical chair, the concept of the chair had to exist first. If the concept of the the chair did not exist, then a chair-shaped object would merely be an oddly shaped object and not a chair. Do you understand?

Metaphysical truths can be known, but cannot be proven by science. Only logic.

Also, from reading a bit of the first page, it seems that Magick is really just meditation. It is the convincing of the mind, which I believe to hold powers unknown and unexplored. I've meditated and done some weird things, such as prediction and clairvoyance. However, I am starting to think that it does not matter what gods you worship or what not, but instead the symbols you use to associate with certain concepts (the gods being these symbols) which allow you to meditate upon and you let that symbol become a part of you and meanwhile you learn the deeper meaning of the symbol. This is like the lucky rock or whatever story. You hold the rock to be a symbol for good fortune and you meditate upon it. The rock could also be replaced by, say, Jesus, and if you associate Jesus with good fortune, then you will get it if you are not skeptical. Likewise, if Jesus were to be associated with bad fortune, then you would get bad fortune. It's all in the mind?

Is that what you are saying OP?

[edit on 26-5-2008 by italkyoulisten]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by runetang

I had the police come while I was doing that bad stuff in my house. A neighbor used my phone ext and called 911, guess they figured that would get me arrested.

I told the police they could not enter without a warrant, they said they just need to make sure noone is hurt and called 911 from here.

I let them in, the glanced in each room and ignored the clouds of smoke. Then they left.

This was not an act of god, and I really have never heard of the cop brining k-9 to search for a person. The person must be barracceded in for the dog to go in and do anything. I doubt they had this girls scent handy and that the dog was a search and rescue dog.. k9 is support mostly, they have to be specially trained for drugs,bombs, and people.. And they dont use the search and rescue dogs to sniff down people with a detainer.. lol what a story there..

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soldier Of Darkness

HOW ON EARTH DO YOU KNOW ETS PRACTICE TH THE OCCULT!?

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Ahtah, Malcout, Vigivorah, Vigidolah, Leyolem Aum In You are getting closer! It all has to do with resonance. Study theories from Tesla and Reich From Genesis The tree of life is in the EAST of Eden guarded by four angels with a flaming sword in all directions Thought is a seed planted in the possibility of reality. Focused thought, with emotional desire, becomes reality. Find some books by Ophiel Remember fear is a very strong emotion. Focused fear will create that you do not wish to happen. If you plant "evil" plants in your garden of thought, be prepared to reap the 'evil" you have sown. Karma is carried over into the next "life". Best wishes and Peace my friends!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply SOD!
I just have another question for you:

What sort of entity is your guardian? dark or light? can you expain more please?

Regards,

Wes77

keep up this great thread. . . . very interesting!!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by wes77

Hi Wes

My Guardian comes from the dark realms, however he is not evil, one should not associate evil with darkness.

If your curious as to what he looks like, he never takes on a set form, I will see him as a large shadow "mist" if he wishes to show himself to me.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by lasthope

I asked my Guardian about the existence of ET's, and he said there are more beings out there in the universe than you'd wish to count, it is infinite.

There are many ET's in our own galaxy, some have lived on planets close by for millions of years, but as our planet heads to destruction, so did theirs, and they were forced to build their cities deep underground on their planet to survive.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Well, seems my thread has come to an end...Want to thank everyone who participated, it has been fun, i'll still answer questions in U2U for those who want advise....i'm off to participate in some other threads that catch my interest and perhaps start up another controversial one of my one...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

You heard wrong. Science has scientific theories - assumptions that hold up to scrutiny. Assumptions, based on observations, that are accurate enough to predict outcomes. That are accurate enough to actually be useful.

But please, keep on being ignorant. It doesn't suit you, but you seem to think it does.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Perhaps you should take time out and read this article...

www.blavatsky.net...

Think it might give you a certain understanding of the occult & science.

I am not ignorant, i just don't share your beliefs.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Cool avatar.

I was going to ask you some questions here but it looks like you aren't taking anymore so I sent you a u2u. It's probably better that way since I really relish details and had a lot of questions.

Peace

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by merryxmas

I received your U2U and will get back to you asap...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

So, how long does it take become a High Magi 3rd Degree Occultist and how much did you have to pay. And how long until you get your black belt, or grand high poobah diploma or whatever in occultist? Do you gain experience points and do you get double for time spent resting in an inn?

Forgive the ridicule, but I'm critical of your credentials. Most people who claim things like this, especially those who bandy about titles made up within an organization usually don't pass the giggle filter.

No need to explain yourself or let out some chest beating bravado. Just prove yourself. I'm sure someone of your stature should be able to back things up if they can make the claim. True?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I have a few things to ask...How does your temple relate to the Golden Dawn beliefs? This too is High Magick.

Do you believe that there are three types of Magick, and that one can access them and do as they "will" as long as they "harm none"?

What I have noticed in your replies is that you do not give much information, but by the same token, there are many books on the market that will let one self initiate into the process of High Magick, and other occult followings that are quite explicit in their content

In my experience, one that is serious about following the path of ceremonial magick, or occultism of any kind for that matter, can do so of their own accord, for as it is said that there is power in numbers...that same power can be initiated in the solitary as well by accessing said power sharing remotely.

btw, no disrespect intended with this post, just curious on where you stand on this.

reguards,

~holly

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join