It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US residents in military brigs? Govt says it's war

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

What gets me is this last statement from the source:

Whatever the decision, the case seems destined for the Supreme Court. In the meantime, the first military trials are set to begin soon against detainees at Guantanamo Bay. Al-Marri may get one, too. Or he may get put back into the civilian court system. For now, he waits.

The FIRST military trials? How long has it been? Almost 7 years? Are you kidding me?

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by scarlett1125

They could start rounding us up before they declare anything and we would not know it was coming until it was too late.

I don't know where this naieve notion that someone will "declare" martial law ever originated. Martial law is not something that gets declared across the airwaves by some leader. It just happens. What we are seeing in this case here IS MARTIAL LAW!

Interesting point, but once again, there are parts of martial law that have not been declared on the American people. We still have our property and our second amendment rights (unless you live in DC). As long as these kinds of evils are perpetrated only on a select few, there are many who will go along with it, hoping that the government is doing the right thing and really protecting us--not seeing that what they are really doing is protecting themselves. Then when martial law is declared under the John Warner Defense Authorization Act, they won't know that it is wrong. They won't understand why they should fight back because they have been conditioned to believe that the government is protecting them. It's that kind of conditioning that worries me more than anything else.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by scarlett1125

We still have our property and our second amendment rights ...

No we don't. Rights cannot be extended then limited or revoked arbitrarily. We may have prvileges which are similar, but we have not had any rights in quite a long time.

When a man can be driven off of his land because someone decides it is in teh best interest of "the people," you no longer have rights, you have Communism.

I'll remain silent on the Second Amendment for the moment.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by scarlett1125
We still have our property and our second amendment rights (unless you live in DC).

Try not paying your property taxes or mortgages and see how fast you lose that property. On top of that compliments of eminent domain its not yours anyways. Your only borrowing it till the government needs it.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

You know what pays for that worthless constitution to be upheld?

Blood.

Everything that I value is in my mind and my body and in other's minds and bodies.

Good, you remember that when they haul you in and strap your ass to the waterboard. Because what you value is in jeopardy, and in all your self-proclaimed intellect, you fail to recognize that.

I'm sure you deserved the beating by the cops with the type of attitude that you flaunt around. I have seen no evidence to the contraire.

So now you're a fascist too. Just love a good police-state huh? It's okay when the government beats and murders their own people?

And of course, I must point out here that you have thoroughly impeached your own character and credibility to all the members of this forum with the above statement. Did you forget you said this...?

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal

Though I don't see the corrolation between the local cops beating you for a remark you made, instigative or not, and the government taking away your liberties, you have my condolences.

Can you define contradiction?

Yes. At your birth when your Mother or Father signed your birth certificate you sold your soul to corporate America.

You act as if you are privy to some secret knowledge, of which I happen to already be fully aware of. Your presumptuous statements betray your intellectual posturing. What makes you think that I have a birth certificate? Or that I have not renounced the obligation at age eighteen?

So you stole it or someone gave it to you as a gift or payed for it for you? If it's not one of those three options then you're running yourself up a short tree and I'm gunna grab you right back down and place you on the ground in front of me again and interrogation will persue.

Persue your idiotic line of questioing all you like, because none of those three answers are correct.

So tell me about this vehicle that you built. What happened?

What do you want to know?

Whenever I so choose, yes. The prefix and the suffix do converge to form an understandable word. I don't memorize words. I know suffixes and prefixes.

So, between your contradictions and idiotic posturing to the point of actually making up words like some child, you have proven yourself to be completely unable to actually hold an intelligent discussion. In other words, you are talking out of your ass.

[edit on 5/27/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

jackinthebox

From what I can gather some of these people are not aware that we are under martial law right now.As soon as the bill of Rights was reduced to privledges allowed by a despotic government,we were under martial law.
We have been tagged from birth and allowed to function for the benifit of TPB.We build the infra-structure,grow the food and provide the services they need.In their eyes we are not worthy of Rights.
I don't know which scares me more,the people that can't see what's happening.Or those that refuse to see what's happening.
Wake up America....The bell tolls for thee!

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

My research indicates that you are indeed correct. The year 1933 is an important one to look into regarding the "selling out" of our rights and freedoms. I have been working on another piece with updated information based on new research, but here is an old thread that I started when I first started looking into such claims of martial-law already being in place and the suspension of the Constitution...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
Blood.

Blood = Stupidity. I hope you die with your idiotic cause if that's what you stand for. You don't deserve to see a peaceful new world because you don't have the intellect to create such.

Good, you remember that when they haul you in and strap your ass to the waterboard.

You're delusional and paranoid. None of this will ever happen to me, but I'll remember this when they do it to you as you fight for nothing.

Because what you value is in jeopardy, and in all your self-proclaimed intellect, you fail to recognize that.

No, sir. I succeed at recognizing such. You're the one that's failing to see it. All that you value is worthless.

So now you're a fascist too. Just love a good police-state huh? It's okay when the government beats and murders their own people?

To keep "smart mouthed" (that's not a compliment, it's a figure of speech implying that you're a B-hole) primitive minds like you away from peaceful progressive people such as myself. Oh YES. You deserved it and you know it, you couldn't just comply and be nice, you had to be a difficult jerk. Then you came here and whined about it, along with everything else that's happened to you. I've never had any problems like this with people in my life, nor with cops. As I said, you've got psychological problems and physical and mental angst.

And of course, I must point out here that you have thoroughly impeached your own character and credibility to all the members of this forum with the above statement. Did you forget you said this...?

Yes, I remember it. You have my condolences, though you deserved every ounce of it. Forgive them for they know not what what they do.

Can you define contradiction?

Yes and no and simultaneously both. Wait can I? No I can't. Yes I can.

What makes you think that I have a birth certificate?

Because you're a citizen of America and you work here.

Or that I have not renounced the obligation at age eighteen?

You didn't.

Persue your idiotic line of questioing all you like, because none of those three answers are correct.

I'm just geting to the bottom of your lies. Eventually they will surface. You payed money for that vehicle.

What do you want to know?

Everything. Intriniscs of the design, too.

So, between your contradictions and idiotic posturing to the point of actually making up words like some child, you have proven yourself to be completely unable to actually hold an intelligent discussion. In other words, you are talking out of your ass.

Two words oh exalted patriot citizen. Anger Management.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I forgot about that one you started. That was an excellent thread. I just looked over it again and it was done well. Cant wait to see your new one your working on.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SHADOW WALKER
Ahh ! You Have Just Shown Your True Face To All Of Us Here On ATS ! You Are Nothing More Than An Agent For Your Masters That Are Ruining Our Great Country ! Take Your Stinking Commie Comments Some Where else ! And By The Way Tell Your N.W.O. Boss's That We Are Not Giving Up Peaceably ! GET IT !

you received two stars for this rubbish? Must be the effects of religious residual effect within government and political opinion.

You're just another mindless paranoid fool yelling empty absurdities and assumptions like so many of the rest of them around here.

Grow up.

No I don't work for some organization called the N.W.O., nor am I associated to any organization having to do with a new world order or a new world government.

And for the innumerably mentioned... I am not a communist, I don't live in a communist country, nor do I push for or necessarily support communism, though as stated I do not reject it either.

You're some of the most close minded and illogical bunch of people I've come across... congruent with the religious.

Politics

You're all so patriotic *claps*

How about a nonocracy, run by athiests, logicians, scientists and nihilists.

What, what am I saying? Here, let me save you some time.

COMMIE, FLAG BURNER, FASCIST!

Pathetic.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Sphincter sais what?

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
What...?

At this point, I fail to see how the above-mentioned member is contributing anything new or useful to the discussion of the topic at hand. Therefore, I will not be responding to said member's written flatulence for the time-being.

If any other members wish to resume debate on the topic at hand, or see any legitimacy in the questions posed to me by "LastOut..." please don't hesitate to address me directly.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

That's why I'll/we'll be ruling your world and you'll still be sitting there complaining.

It's really too late to stop me/us now.

I have all the answers to everything, and there's a few out there such as myself. We will be taking over from here on out. Like it or leave it, but you don't have to believe it, just wait to see it.

Everytime you grow angry and want to shed blood for your worth, you'll simply be zapped or your chip will be turned off. That'll straighten you all up pretty quickly. Gotta treat the animals like animals.

Dogs don't learn when you keep letting them bite.

And I didn't think you could answer my questions.

Peace. I'll leave you politicians and patriots to your 3rd world country bashing and commie flaming. Way to make the world a better place (sarcasm). You don't deserve to have liberties.

I'm out.

(and you call yourselves Americans, you don't know the first thing about Americans)

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
So, back on topic, I think that any freedom-loving people should be outraged by news such as this. If you don't see a problem with this, then you are ignoring how history repeats itself, and I humbly offer that you are suffering from "boiling frog syndrome."

My family first came to the Husdon Valley nearly 400 years ago, largely to escape the burdens of heavy taxation in Europe. After a long and dangerous journey across the Atlantic, they could hope to work the land for themselves and to live free.

In time, my landholding ancestors sided against the British in the Revolutionary War, some serving with distinction in military service to throw off the reigns of tyranny. Once such example, my own forefathers who were a part of the permanent garrison at West Point under George Washington.

Since that time, my family has lived in peace as much as possible, but have never shirked their duty to resist opression and tyranny. When they did fight, it was to make sure that things like we are seeing today would never happen. To free people from living under the heel of the jack-boot, or in defense against the agression from the land of the rising sun. My family has had their own blood shed to protect the ideals they helped to define in the U.S. Constitution.

Now it seems that it has been all for naught. For what do we fight for now? And for what do we stand? What liberty is left, when the enemies of freedom can lock us away indefinately without explanation? What peace can there be when violence is brought to our own homes by those who are meant to protect us?

I for one, see no righteousness in slavery nor tyranny. Beware those who advise you to go silently into the night.

[edit on 5/28/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
BTW - an unmarked helicopter is confirmed patrolling New York City:
www.breitbart.com...

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Where have you people BEEN?????

It is a COMMON theat by Southern California Police Officers to tell ANYONE they suspect of Criminal Activity,that under HomeLand Securty ACT,they can imprison AND KEEP you in jail for 30days withOUT a court date.
Reason for incarceration with out Due Process??
Suspected Terrorist.
You are a suspect based on THEIR decision alone.

Wake up..its BEEN here.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

My dad has a hobby of making fire works and he bought red phosphorus from over seas and the feds paid us a visit.

They didnt think he was a terrorist tho. They just suspected him of having a meth lab. I wonder if our phones were tapped or that white van sitting outside had a bunch of hired goons inside.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Hmmm... that's interesting. Sounds like something I encountered back in 2005. I was at mom's house and some folks were saying they were Federal Police and were going to "Hold [him] forever, without power of attorney" or something like that, in reference to some guy they were after.
Strange this is the only mention of this kind of stuff in the news.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   

As enacted, the National Emergencies Act consisted of five titles. The first of these generally returned all standby statutory delegations of emergency power, activated by an outstanding declaration of national emergency, to a dormant state two years after the statute’s approval. However, the act did not cancel the 1933, 1950, 1970, and 1971 national emergency proclamations because these were issued by the
President pursuant to his Article II constitutional authority. Nevertheless, it did render them ineffective by returning to dormancy the statutory authorities they had had activated, thereby necessitating a new declaration to activate standby statutory emergency authorities.

First of all our rights are present, they are God given or if you do not like that term your birthright as an American. I have heard the 1933 argument before and it is false. People like to sight the fact that they were never officialy terminated which was pursuant to Article II Constitutional authority and with out a new martial law declaration they were suspenidid by the National Emergencies Act, while your doing your research you should find that too.

If all our Rights (which is what they are) were reduced to privelages there would be no recourse ( I am sure you will tell me there is not) My mother recently fought a land grab by a Hospital in her County wishing to take a portion of her land for there betterment...she won, and there are many other cases that have been won and lost ( Do I think it is a sad situation, and do I think Corporations and Governments would like us to believe we as the people do not have a hope) this goes to prove that are rights are not priveleges because if they were just privelages there would be no chance for recourse, it would just be over before it began.

Now I do not disagreewith your thoughts or perceptions about what is happening in this world, I agree whole heartedly that it is a grab for our freedoms, but you cannot take something you do not have control over. I notice there are numerous qoutes from Thomas Jefferson lately,instead of people just regurgitating his qoutes they need to read a book or look into what his beliefs were and see that the Constitution is a Rock.

What we need to do as a people is to make a law (which is stupid because it already underlyingly exists) to hold our reprenstatives accountable for their Constitutional oaths (start small at the district level and work up, taking a little at a time just like they do) and make their voting record which is public and anything that hinges that an Impeachment of Rights is being approached needs to immediately be addressed.

I hate to keep writing, I am not against you, but listening to people talk about how its all over reminds me of George Carlin, saying, what are you crazy there are no rights only privelages and spouting off something about driving. Talking about how it is all illusions and further perpetuating a myth. I wish the ghost of George Washington had been on that stage to knock the living crap out of him and push him into a pool of blood that if it were not for,he would not even be allowed to breathe his haughty remarks about our freedoms......My friend Mcarthy was right he was just ahead of his time. It is time we wake up, but its not over!

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by midtown5dw

Yeah those hired goons, the one making sure your community did not have a drug lab in it....What were they thinking.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

I know I already posted this to Jack in.....it would be good for you too

As enacted, the National Emergencies Act consisted of five titles. The first of these generally returned all standby statutory delegations of emergency power, activated by an outstanding declaration of national emergency, to a dormant state two years after the statute’s approval. However, the act did not cancel the 1933, 1950, 1970, and 1971 national emergency proclamations because these were issued by the
President pursuant to his Article II constitutional authority. Nevertheless, it did render them ineffective by returning to dormancy the statutory authorities they had had activated, thereby necessitating a new declaration to activate standby statutory emergency authorities.

First of all our rights are present, they are God given or if you do not like that term your birthright as an American. I have heard the 1933 argument before and it is false. People like to sight the fact that they were never officialy terminated which was pursuant to Article II Constitutional authority and with out a new martial law declaration they were suspenidid by the National Emergencies Act, while your doing your research you should find that too.

If all our Rights (which is what they are) were reduced to privelages there would be no recourse ( I am sure you will tell me there is not) My mother recently fought a land grab by a Hospital in her County wishing to take a portion of her land for there betterment...she won, and there are many other cases that have been won and lost ( Do I think it is a sad situation, and do I think Corporations and Governments would like us to believe we as the people do not have a hope) this goes to prove that are rights are not priveleges because if they were just privelages there would be no chance for recourse, it would just be over before it began.

Now I do not disagreewith your thoughts or perceptions about what is happening in this world, I agree whole heartedly that it is a grab for our freedoms, but you cannot take something you do not have control over. I notice there are numerous qoutes from Thomas Jefferson lately,instead of people just regurgitating his qoutes they need to read a book or look into what his beliefs were and see that the Constitution is a Rock.

What we need to do as a people is to make a law (which is stupid because it already underlyingly exists) to hold our reprenstatives accountable for their Constitutional oaths (start small at the district level and work up, taking a little at a time just like they do) and make their voting record which is public and anything that hinges that an Impeachment of Rights is being approached needs to immediately be addressed.

I hate to keep writing, I am not against you, but listening to people talk about how its all over reminds me of George Carlin, saying, what are you crazy there are no rights only privelages and spouting off something about driving. Talking about how it is all illusions and further perpetuating a myth. I wish the ghost of George Washington had been on that stage to knock the living crap out of him and push him into a pool of blood that if it were not for,he would not even be allowed to breathe his haughty remarks about our freedoms......My friend Mcarthy was right he was just ahead of his time. It is time we wake up, but its not over!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join