It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do i lucid dream!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Hi this is my first post on the paranormal studies and i was hoping that someone on here can help me with something that i have wanted to do for a while and cant do it. first off i have always been interested in the paranormal world and the things that we dont understand like the immence power of our own minds ever since i was a child and i have always wanted to lucid dream because i hear its incredible and something we should all do.

also my Mum said that shes had lucid dreams in the past and i am really jealous and also anyone who replies who can lucid dream can you please tell me about it because im really curious

Also thank you for reading my first paranormal studies post and i hope you can reply.

[edit on 4/20/2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

[edit on 4/20/2008 by billyjoinedat2k8]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I read this years ago, and it seemed to work.

wuzzle.org...

[edit on 24-5-2008 by robwerden]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
astralgia.com...

This is a more in depth book

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by robwerden

thank you for youre help and hopefully i will have a lucid dream soon and i will report back when i have a lucid dream.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I know in the first link it mentions reading a book passage twice and see if it reads the same each time. There are a lot of things you can use, as long as they are things that are simple that you would recognize as reality or dream world. Other things are looking at your watch. If you look once and it says 12:03 for example, look a second later and it says 12:03 but then look again a second later and it says a time a bit later for example 12:08, this is another clue. Others flip a light switch. If flipping the switch does not turn off the light like it should, then you are dreaming (i know its from a movie, but thats how my friend does it as well)

you can do anything that is simple to do that wont have people in the real world looking at you funny.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Lucid dreaming can be attained through meditation, through meditation, you can "control" more of what happens in your lucid dream.

If you want to attain a lucid dream very easily you could try this.

Let's say you wake up at 7am for work...well, then you set your alarm for 5am, you will wake up, sit upright in your bed for a few minutes, then go back to bed, but set your alarm for 10 minutes later, so just as you fall asleep, you will wake up again.

Then go to sleep, chances of achieving a lucid dream through this technique is very high, however, you will simply be aware that you are dreaming, you might gain some control over your actions in the dream, seeing as you are aware of the dream, but not much.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Simple techniques i use is go back to sleep when you wake up in the morning.

Your brain is more 'active' yet you are asleep. This is an easy way to get lucid dreams.

Drink some tea or coffee then go to sleep. If you are too tired your brain enters heavy sleep (where you dream garbled information and mostly nothing at all becuase the brain is just too tired).

Overall, get enough sleep and then go to sleep when you don't really need to.

Then be prepared for the most awesome experience!

Unfortunately, people often stay awake too long and wake up early so their brain is not in the right state to go 'Lucid'.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
There is nothing paranormal about lucid dreaming, I keep wondering why people keep posting lucid dreaming in here.

I feel the best rigorous guide on lucid dreaming is still by Stephen Laberge www.lucidity.com... with none of the paranormal mumbo jumbo. Read about Stephen here en.wikipedia.org...

Lucid dreaming can be achieved quite simply as the above posters have stated. Basically it is mismatching/shifting your normal sleep periods so that you can enter into the appropriate sleeping state.

It can be achieved very simply by waking up earlier than normal & going back to sleep as the above posters have mentioned & telling yourself you will have a lucid dream. If you do find yourself achieving a lucid dream & getting too excited & feel like you are gonna lose the dream, try imagining yourself spinning, it helps to maintain the dream state.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Here are the major methods for induction into a lucid dream.

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't really like lucid dreaming nowadays... really tiring... it's like disturbed sleep.

[edit on 24-5-2008 by postmeme]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
It may be that Lucid dreaming is not paranormal.

What is the distinction between Lucid dreaming and OOBE?

There seems to be a lot of accounts that suggest some paranormal activity is going on but is that OOBE rather than Lucid dreaming? Are they connected in some way?

Apologies for my ignorance.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Well first you have to define what is a lucid dream & what is an OOBE.

To me, lucid dreaming is just a way of seizing control of my dreams which is all happening inside my head only. Just imagination & dreaming. This has been proven by scientific method & is well established in science. I'm unable to correlate what I see in my dream to what it is in real life eg. my room looked different in my lucid dream than in real life.

Definition of OOBE here en.wikipedia.org...

To me, my definition of OOBE is more akin to Astral Projection & hence with a more paranormal slant to it. My belief is that for OOBE to happen or proven, you must believe in the concept of a soul being able to travel outside the body & be able to verify actual events viewed while in OOBE or AP state.

Personally I have done lucid dreaming so I believe in it. I haven't been able to do any OOBE or AP so I can't really believe in it yet.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by postmeme]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by postmeme

Why not posting the definition of Lucid dream also
Definition of Lucid Dream: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by g210b

Thanks for the definition of Lucid dreams and OOBE.

I guess the interesting one is OOBE but I have heard that you can achieve OOBE whilst you are in a lucid dream!

I'm curious about the relationship.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I don't know anything about the theory of lucid dreaming, I do however know that I can 'get back' into a dream and also remember dreams every night.

I should write a book

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by billyjoinedat2k8

the first you have to learn how to control your breathing. and you do this at the time you have your body in tune with your bed time.first you need to practice breathing in through your nose an out your mouth while keeping your tounge stuck to the roof of your mouth. now through out the day practice this technic so that you calm you heart and inter in a calm state this relaxes so that your frequency can get in harmoy with the spirt. and now once you can calm body buy breathing you are ready.when its time to sleep its best time once you can do it when you sleep you can do it any time.first when you close your eyes start the breathing technic the blackness you see push it back so that more darkness is present you keep doing this until you slip in to your subconscious and inter this relam in your brain. ive been in contact with multi demisional beings and have been shown how to reboot body in a form of pure purification and its so simple that it only coast about 30cents a day. clean garlic clove in ziplock bag smash untill it turns into a sicky water looking mix with litter of pureifed water and inject with needless serenge in rectum discard wast and repeat.leave soultion in colone so that it is observed.this will cure you of anything that is wrong with you.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by g210b

Eh I actually did post the same link you did in either my first or second reply.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by postmeme]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
to abstrusenumber1,

Well to get back into your dreams is a start I guess. Lucid dreaming is more like getting into a dream, becoming aware that it is a dream & go from there, doing what you want. Like materializing something or experiencing flying or some of the more eh...prurient stuff, with full control & awareness.

to Jinni,

Some other users feel that lucidity, oobe, ap are all linked. Some feel that you can go from learning lucidity and use that as a launching point for ap. I feel that it might not necessarily be so. Maybe some of the characteristics look & feel the same, but the principle or essence of it is different. I have no experience of AP so I can't judge.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Lucid Dreaming is a Hallucination, and there are many many things that can
make you Hallucinate. I will warn you however, that Hallucinations are a "Red Pill" Experience, and I am not kidding here. Erowid is the place to go to find out about this if you really want to know what causes Hallucinations. There are legal ways to accomplish the task. But be prepared to be unplugged. You will be
critically thinking about what is real-world, after you reach this point. N20 is a sure fire method to get there.. legal status varies depending on where you live.
Please be careful!

-map

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I think it's inappropriate to talk about drug use here. Isn't it against the T&C?

Are the scenarios or outcomes of your "hallucinations" controllable? If not, I don't see how it is related to lucid dreaming.

There is absolutely no need to take psychoactive drugs to achieve lucidity.

edit: a thought just came to me, is it possible to achieve lucidity under influence of psychoactive drugs? Hmm I think it would have to be dependent again on the definition of lucidity.

[edit on 26-5-2008 by postmeme]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join