It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unmarked chopper patrols New York City from above

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Unmarked chopper patrols New York City from above

www.newsweek.com

(NEW YORK) On a cloudless spring day, the NYPD helicopter soars over the city, its sights set on the Statue of Liberty.

A dramatic close-up of Lady Liberty's frozen gaze fills one of three flat-screen computer monitors mounted on a console. Hundreds of sightseers below are oblivious to the fact that a helicopter is peering down on them from a mile and a half away.

"They don't even know we're here," said crew chief John Diaz, speaking into a headset over the din of the aircraft's engine.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

The helicopter's unmarked paint job belies what's inside: an arsenal of sophisticated surveillance and tracking equipment powerful enough to read license plates — or scan pedestrians' faces — from high above the nation's largest metropolis.

Eyes in the sky. If NYC is the first, LA, MIA, DC, etc, can't be too far behind. I would like to know what my fellow ATS members think about this. Considering both the pros and the cons.

www.newsweek.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I don't doubt that the "eyes in the sky" are coming soon to a city near you!

Just heard on the news a couple of days ago that DC cops will soon be getting M16s in their cruisers.

It won't be long before marshal law is the norm. Unless we organize and fight it, that is.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I saw another post here about License plate scanning software and automatic cameras that automatically scan EVERY License Plate it "Sees" and Immediately beeps back the info to the Police on Warrants, Tickets, Tax evasion etc... These are mounted ON the Cop Cars.

Also, the Police in My City ALL have a "Mini 14" strapped under the trunk lid. They have had for Years. EVERY Officer Has one.

Dont forget about Satellite Observation. Just go to Google Maps, and you can see my Swingset clearly. I'm sure I could see the Flowers in the Garden If I paid for a closer view.

Thats CIVILIAN Technology..... Just extrapolate that out a bit for "Gov. Hi-Tek" available Saturday May 25, 2008

Best Regards,

Blitzkreigen

What about the Insects, Birds and Snakes that are robotic, and are actually surveillance drones? I once saw a cockroach with a microchip on its back, Live but controllable.... Thats whats been RELEASED.... what do we not know about? Spying FLEAS? ANTS? Where does it stop? Where does your Privacy End? Its Probably no longer behind your closed doors and windows, anymore.

top topics

join