It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Wrath

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
This is where you guys always lose me...

What happened to California's right to free will?

You leave out who currently rules the earth.......his name is lucifer. Cal lost its last tiny bit or "protection" when it went gay marriage. It was already on the Terri Shivo method even before that.

Slaughter, murder, all evil is from lucifer, God protects they who obey him and keep his commandments, sabbaths, etc.

It isn't complicated at all...................

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubyteacup

Sadly there are many who's eye's are closed, and thier minds can't grasp the truth. Seek God, he will provide answers to those who truely seek him..........

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
God is dead, but we are alive.
No one will come to save you in the end times...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Missing posts from anony...............

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I like the "sophia" version better where Jehovah is the spoiled little son of the true goddess, and the snake was sent to the garden to enlight man and free him from jehovah's tyranny.
At any rate, if those tornado's are gods wrath thats pretty pathetic considering we wax much more devastating and destructvie with carpet bombing and napalm...Shame the day that the wrath of man so outshines the wrath of god.
Besides, if its his wrath for gay marriage, how come natural disasters arent befalling Belgium, Canada, Spain, or the netherlands? they've allowed gay marriage for years. Oh, i know why...theres no christian zealots there.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

case in point!!! your statement! dont you know that one of the reasons the church wont admit they got it wrong.. if they do they lose their followers. ie. their power.. this propeganda has been push by the church for a long time now and its about time it got called on it.. purposely misleading their congrgations is the work of the devil. and doesnt the bible also state that they will be misled as the devil poses as a being of light????hmmm.. kinda makes u wonder..and on top of it looky a way to justify hatered and feel holier than thou...and as far as the list of chapters.. those have nothing to do with what jesus said those dont even mention gays at all the few that do were written by the church to push their idealology.. their interpretation of scripture.. which is why gays get dumped into different catagories without direct evidence that being gay is a sin.. or that they shouldnt marry.. useing psudeo evidence is irresponsible, and leads to the innocent being tortured, bashed and murdered.. oh and speaking of matthew.. how about matthew sheppard????

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   

i believe in revelations it makes mention of gays as being without shame.. the wording being .. men will lay with men and women will lay with women without shame..

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by scorand

i believe in revelations it makes mention of gays as being without shame.. the wording being .. men will lay with men and women will lay with women without shame..

Err, where? Provide the text please................

Lev makes it clear homosexuality is an abomination. Period..........

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421
...Shame the day that the wrath of man so outshines the wrath of god.

Wow, you have no idea what's coming do you.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OptionToChoose
[moI would think the tornado should have dropped dead-center into San Francisco re]

I Agree!! I was born and raised in San Francisco in a God Fearing home of 8 siblings! I was a rebel and only a year and a half ago after repenting, God baptized me in the Holy Spirit and I was instantaneously changed. I now serve the God with all my my heart and devotion. I had no desire for TV and ungodly music, etc., etc.,. I will be just happy with just the bare necesseties because God is my strenght each day. I feel and sense his presence. I am so grateful that God did not destroy San Francisco, before I came and found him. He did not have to. I have so much joy and peace that if I knew I would have not rejected him this long. Now in my thirties. I do not bother to pray for this godless city. I did pray for it yesterday, however, to prolong an earthwuake so my borther and anyone else God will save. My brother who is a cop I pray for him everyday almost, to come to Jesus (Yahshua). I plan only leaving in a few months. My other brother is a devoted man of God as well ans his family. They do not have many people in the church but the meet 3 times a week. They obey the Lord and wear head coverings (as far as they can undersatnd from scripture). So maybe because of God fearing people like my brother God sees a diamond amongst the dung and has mercy for a season?? Yah bless!!! No arguments just sharing that all.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Ok, first off...I'm LMAO because you said "requiring gay marriage."

What do you think happened? That the supreme court said, "IF YOU'RE GAY THEN YOU MUST GET MARRIED!"

Also....I believe earthquakes only go as high as 10.0...or was the "12.0" your attempt at predicting some future event where the quake is so bad that they have to up the scale???

It must be exhausting worshiping your god and spending your life hoping that "sinners" will be punished (oh, including children AND christians, btw) so that you can see his wrath with your own eyes to solidify your "faith."

I guess your one of those religious lunatics that claim that New Orleans was devastated by the hurricane to get rid of it's "sinners"?????? If you are, then I'm sorry to tell you that the "sinning" part of New Orleans (the French quarter and Bourbon St. containing the live sex acts, the gay bars, the strip clubs) wasn't touched by the hurricane. Trust me...I go there several times a year - and it's always a great time.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Ehm !!! Should we belive in what menn tells us or should we belive in the word of god ! Either way i think we are screwed.

But there is a big differance in who you belive in here. Youre a fool if you belive in menn . If you belive in god and are good servant at least you wouldent hurt annybody. If you belive in and folow menn you will go to war over a lie.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The wrath of God happens because of mankinds arrogance and unrepentant ways. Man defy's God and always loses.

Homosexuality is an abomination.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Abomination...I like the sound of that!!!
As a gay man who just married his partner at San Francisco city hall, I want to thank you all for this wonderful blog. I'm certain that if Christ were here and alive on Earth today, he would have been part of the wedding party...man liked a good party!!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Just my opinion...or at least the way I see it.

Believe it or not, God does not go around punishing people. We (people) decided a long time ago that we were just as smart as God and wanted to do things our own way. After God sacrificed his own son to give us a chance to come back to him, he let us have our way and we are now running things the way we see fit. Yes, he gave us free will...and look what we have managed to accomplish with it. What we're seeing is the result of what we, ourselves have done and what we, ourselves cause. God is still in control, but he has given us the rope we so desprately wanted and now we are hanging ourselves with it. Satan rules this earth now and has for a long time and God is allowing all these things to happen. Short of this entire world turning back to God there is nothing that is going to stop the rapid decline. As we (people) weaken, satan gets stronger and pulls us still further away from God by making it appear that God is causing all the bad things to happen. The more we turn away from God (from anger, from hurt) the worse things get and will continue to get.

We all know what is right and what is wrong...what to do and what not to do, but there is so much more to it than that. You can not and will not be saved based on how many good things you do in your life. We each have to decide that we want God to run things his way...we have to turn our lives over to him. Everything was perfect when God ran things before...we are the ones that screwed it all up. Don't blame God for the tornadoes, earthquakes, killings, hunger, and war...blame us and blame satan, then ask God to make YOUR life right. I can't promise it will make things easier cause the rest of the world is still majorerly messed up, but it will guarantee you won't have to be afraid, you won't have to worry, and you will know that when it's all said and done, you will be happy and taken care of...for eternity.

Marilyn~

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Yes, we have free will to make our own choices. God, in His omniscience and omnipresence, already knows what those choices will be. Calvinism and Arminianism, both at the same time.

Choice involves consequence, good and/or bad. For one, the sacrifice, at least for the time being, of that which is not chosen.

Homosexuality is just another sin. The only unforgivable sin is blaspheming the Holy Spirit. Any and all unconfessed sin separates us from God. Romans 1 sums it up nicely.

Romans 1

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonor their own bodies between themselves:

We make our own bed, and God lets us sleep in it.

I encourage you all to read the whole chapter, the whole Book of Romans even, over and over. When it comes to how Christians should deal with praying for sinners, we are all sinners by nature, of course we should pray for sinners. We wouldn't be able to pray for anyone if we didn't pray for sinners. That is the mission of the saved: to go, baptize, and teach. We are even told to care for our enemies.

Romans 12

20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Expect lots of resistance. Resistance is one of the things I've struggled with the most. I've recently learned it means I am making headway. Now I'm working on not letting it get to me so much.

[edit on 26-6-2008 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising

Homosexuality is just another sin.

This is not exactly true..........it is one of those sins God himself puts the "human" to death............Sodom anyone?

Homosexuality is an abomination..............Repent or die forever body and soul..................

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Wow, you know...its simply not possible that California gets a lot of earthquakes because a major fault line runs through it, and always had, as it is is on the eastern part of the Pacific's Ring of Fire...and that it could be getting tornados and extreme weather systems because of the combinational facts that a.) global weather patterns are changing because of rapid global climate change and b.) the Pacific Ocean is a huge body of water that spawns dramatic weather systems, as it always has, such as the typhoons and monsoons that have always hit southeast Asia, or the deluges of rainfall that have always caused mudslides in California, or, well, as the dry-spells that are evident in the southeast's desert climate... All of which is merely exacerbated by the rapid global climate change...

Explainable natural phenomenon.....

...or wrath of an angry, yet all loving, God...

...hmmm...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

it is one of those sins God himself puts the "human" to death............Sodom anyone?

It is somewhat simplistic to think that the only reason God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah was because homosexuality was practiced there. It is more indicative that you are homophobic than anything else. The sins of Sodom and Gomorrah significantly surpassed homosexuality alone.

Ezekiel 16

49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.

50 And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

It was the suffering caused there, the cries that reached God's ears, that drew His attention.

Genesis 18

20 And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;

21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.

Their sin is not delineated here. Yes the angels of the Lord that turn into Lot's house for the night are sought by a mob of Sodomites that seeks to "know them". The mob is struck blind, not killed outright.

The angels go on to warn Lot to leave, saying

Genesis 19

13 For we will destroy this place, because the cry of them is waxen great before the face of the LORD; and the LORD hath sent us to destroy it.

God ordered Sodom and Gomorrah destroyed because of the oppression practiced there, for those who had cried out day and night to Him. Furthermore, He would not destroy it until the last righteous person had departed. See Abraham's plea in Genesis 18.

All sin is an abomination to the Lord. He cannot look upon it. Homosexuality was certainly a big part of the sin of these cities. It was just not the only reason they were destroyed.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join