It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time (for realz)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I created this post because of the dozens of threads ive seen about time, time travel and so on. Time is not a lie it does some what exists but only has a human idea to explain. You have to wonder if time is even relevant to anything in the universe other than the human race. It is possible allthough highly unlikley that the human race could be the only life form in existance that has developed self awareness which is needed to grasp the idea of time...btw self awarness is the ability that we can look into a mirror and say "that is me" , to look outside and say this is the earth and however insignificant it may seem to the rest of the universe is pretty damn beautiful. The human races system of time in no way corresponds to anything outside of earth. It seems people often forget that the earth rotates around the sun while spinning on its x axis, it takes the earth 23 hours and 57 minutes to make one rotation and around 365 days to make a revolution around the sun. Everything in the universe is in constant motion and no man made invention will ever stop that, sure if u were able to travel the speed of light everything around u would appear to come to a halt but the motion of the universe does not stop.

" Time exists in our memory and anticipation. Discount human thought in relation to time and you will see that everything that you are made of has always existed and always will. It is energy that created you and energy that will destroy you, but all that you are has always been and always will be. It is difficult to prove something in which we have no comprehension. The concept of time comes from birth and death. It is at our birth that local time begins and at our death that it ends.

(a little off topic)

Death is an inevitable part of the cycle of existance everything must come to an end. With out death you would not appreciate life. Also it amazes me that the smallest units of life work the same as the largest, the protons, neutrons are propelled around the nucleus by positive and negitive forces that create a balance that invokes a perfect motion that enables life...our planet revolves around the sun which is deffinatly the nucleus of our solar system. As insignificant as my life seems in contrast to the rest of the universe im still damn happy to be able to appreciate the complexity of it all.

so basically NO, TIME TRAVEL IS NOT POSSIBLE (currently) haha

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by JRBlaze26]

[Edited on 2-3-2004 by JRBlaze26]

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
rephrase: time travel aint possible with our current understanding/technology, but saying this it is just gonna turn into one of those other threads. I agree with you about our local perception of time.

join