It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Want Your Soul.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Stumbled across this site and found it a tad on the weird side.

We Want Your Soul

Now most the info and threads i found about this site just brushed it of as a Hoax and nothing to worry about but to me it poses a great question.

If you were offered a monthly sum for the deed to your soul would you take it?

[edit on 24-5-2008 by fLANKED]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by fLANKED

I cannot sell my soul as it already belongs to God.

I would never write a one liner.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Im glad to hear you say that.
Its scary to think tho the amount of people that would.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Since I don't believe in souls, I'd sell mine in a heartbeat. It'd be money for nothing.

The site is a hoax, more than likely though. Especially since the get a quote section doesn't work.

[edit on 5/24/2008 by tebyen]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tebyen

The typical answer you would expect to hear.

You really need a belief in something anything to understand what the possibility's of something like this are.

I hope and pray that your life isn't as dull as you make it seem because your answer makes it sound like you don't expect much for you at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks for the reply tho and God Bless

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tebyen

I thought I already did sell my soul. credit cards, car loans, house payments. I could go on.

dlb

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Very odd.

I've seen quite a few websites that have to do with selling your soul.

Very odd indeed.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by fLANKED
reply to post by tebyen

I hope and pray that your life isn't as dull as you make it seem because your answer makes it sound like you don't expect much for you at the end of the tunnel.

Not dull in the least. My nieces keep me pretty entertained, what with watching as they view the world with new eyes, and the wonders that it contain.

What need have I of an afterlife that may or not be there, when I can see the amazement in a child's eyes as a butterfly emerges from it's cocoon? Or hear the gasp of wonderment from their lips when they see lightning cross the sky during a thunderstorm? Or feel the calm and utter trust they have in me, as they lay asleep in my lap?

Why worry about whether there's an almighty being who will provide eternal love if I worship him, or eternal pain if I don't, when I have the love of my life now? Who asks nothing of me but to be who I am, who challenges me physically, mentally, and emotionally.

If there is a soul, then I will worry about it when that adventure begins. Until then, I have this one to enjoy and finish first.

(For the record, I do believe in an all powerful being.)

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tebyen

How could you sell something (your soul in this case),if you don't believe it exists ???

No one liner's here .

Woody

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I don't think a soul is something tangible that can be bought or sold. Your soul is you, not some little magical thing that rises to heaven when you die. It's what makes you you. I don't believe in heaven or hell, or souls as the bible describes it. But hey, if someone wants to give me money for something they think I have, but I don't think exists, sure, I'll take that deal....any buyers out there? Will send you my paypal info if interested

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I just have one question here, since no one gets to collect until your dead, what's to keep someone from selling their soul multiple times?

Suppose when I was 18 I sold my soul for a six pack of beer and box of Hoohoo's. Then in my twenties I sold it to somebody else for a new car and hot young wife. Then in my 30's I sold it to someone else for a big boat and a new hot young wife. In my 40's I sold it to somebody else for that coveted membership at Augusta and a hot young wife. In my 50's I sold to somebody else for early retirement and a hot young wife.

When I finally kick the bucket and they toss the dirt on my smiling face, who gets first dibs?

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Good question Mrwupy...perhaps it can be a timeshare soul. Another question I have...If you buy a soul, what do you do with it? It's not like you can shot it off to friends at parties. Then again, I suppose there would have to be some sort of contract, I guess you could show that off.

And of course you can always get it back. All you need is Ralph Machio to have a guitar duel with Steve Vai ;-) A star to the first one who knows that that refers to

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan

And of course you can always get it back. All you need is Ralph Machio to have a guitar duel with Steve Vai ;-) A star to the first one who knows that that refers to

Now you wouldn't be referring to this would you?

Crossroads.

I loved that movie

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

Originally posted by sensfan

Now you wouldn't be referring to this would you?

Crossroads.

I loved that movie

You got it Mrwupy...a star for you. I love that movie too, especially that scene. nobody can shred like Mr. Vai (even though he loses in the movie).

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I would rather sell a kidney or a lung than my soul. Those things I can do with just one but I may need my soul later on in life when I cross over.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I am thinking this is some sort of spoof somehow related to the video introduced by Advisor in this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The background music from that video is what you hear when you click the box about getting a product to make your soul worth more and after looking at the questionnaire, the questions seem to be strangely related to that Video thread too.

Any one gonna have a go at the questionnaire to see what their soul is worth? I bet the response is something along the lines of your soul is worthless and here's why, because the government, the media, etc. already own it - see the video in Advisors thread above.

I really like the part about genetically modified souls cannot be guaranteed to remain of worth - oh, and they can resell your soul after extraction if they want to. See - this site is saying they give you the money and they extract your soul, not that they own it when you die - NOW!
They do say it's painless, but do note the cautions about retiring too early and outliving your money.

[edit on 5/24/2008 by Relentless]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I would never sell my soul. A soul is something that is unique about you. You don't sell something you can't even explain that well. I came in this world with a body, mind, and soul. I think I'm going to leave with it all too...

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
No. I'm pretty sure it would not be possible in this plane of existence but on the off chance that it IS possible to sell your soul it would be a crying shame to sell the passenger/driver of this body. So, i'll just reject the offer no matter what anyone/thing gives for it. I may rent it out though
but it would suck if you discover that your soul is indeed eternal and you end up with some esoteric officejob doing paperwork or something.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
IMO selling your soul is so Hollywood.
You don't own your soul. Your soul (which is the real you) is what owns your body, your mind and your ego (characteristics that your soul has adopted). The latter three are disposable, your soul is not.

But if I do sell my soul I wouldn't mind become the Ghost Rider.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
How do we know we have souls?

I sure wouldn’t want to sell something eternal for a quick buck. A soul is supposed to be priceless.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join