It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain Throws Temper Tantrum

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

McCain Throws Temper Tantrum

www.alternet.org

Obama said:

I respect Sen. John McCain's service to our country. He is one of those heroes of which I speak. But I can't understand why he would line up behind the president in his opposition to this GI bill. I can't believe why he believes it is too generous to our veterans. I could not disagree with him and the president more on this issue. There are many issues that lend themselves to partisan posturing, but giving our veterans the chance to go to college should not be one of them.

McCains reaction:

It is typical, but no less offensive that Senator Obama uses the Senate floor to take cheap shots at an opponent and easy advantage of an issue he has less than zero understanding of. Let me say first in response to Senator Obama, running for President is different than serving as President. The office comes with responsibilities so serious that the occupant can't always take the politically easy route without hurting the country he is sworn to defend. Unlike Senator Obama, my admiration, respect and deep gratitude for America's veterans is something more than a convenient campaign pledge. I think I have earned the right to make that claim...

I know that my friend and fellow veteran, Senator Jim Webb, an honorable man who takes his responsibility to veterans very seriously, has offered legislation with very generous benefits. I respect and admire his position, and I would never suggest that he has anything other than the best of intentions to honor the service of deserving veterans. Both Senator Webb and I are united in our deep appreciation for the men and women who risk their lives so that the rest of us may be secure in our freedom. And I take a backseat to no one in my affection, respect and devotion to veterans. And I will not accept from Senator Obama, who did not feel it was his responsibility to serve our country in uniform, any lectures on my regard for those who did...

Perhaps, if Senator Obama would take the time and trouble to understand this issue he would learn to debate an honest disagreement respectfully. But, as he always does, he prefers impugning the motives of his opponent, and exploiting a thoughtful difference of opinion to advance his own ambitions. If that is how he would behave as President, the country would regret his election.

(He went on to say "You can't handle the truth! You f------ with wrong POW!")

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-5-2008 by grover]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Do we really want someone with this kind of hair trigger near the oval office and red buttons?

www.alternet.org

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I don't blame him at all (although 'temper tantrum' seems quite excessive to describe his reaction). He spent how many years in the military and how many years in a North Vietnamese prison camp? And now this idiot Obama comes along and makes a thinly veiled attack on McCain's concerns for the troops?

I wouldn't blame him at all for being angry about it.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover

Do we really want someone with this kind of hair trigger near the oval office and red buttons?

www.alternet.org

As opposed to someone that will lead us in a rendition of "Kumbya" before sitting down and talking with terrorists?

I am not a big McCain fan, this is going to be an election where the choice of two evils comes into play.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I can always count on you RR for a simplistic post.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic

[edit on 24-5-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
I don't blame him at all (although 'temper tantrum' seems quite excessive to describe his reaction). He spent how many years in the military and how many years in a North Vietnamese prison camp? And now this idiot Obama comes along and makes a thinly veiled attack on McCain's concerns for the troops?

I wouldn't blame him at all for being angry about it.

I believe it was McCain who attacked McCain's concern for the troops by not supporting a Veteran authored GI Bill.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

And there is the problem in this damn country. Most of you think you only have two choices in every race. All of you... OPEN YOUR DAMN EYES!!

Throw ALL The Bums Out!!

I should know who the Libertarian nominee is by Monday. I anticipate Wayne Root... maybe Bob Barr. So... there's a 3rd choice, just in the Presidential race. There will be others on the ballot. Just as there will be other parties represented in most other races when they are up for a vote. It baffles me that the majority of voters continually WASTE their votes on these two corrupt parties who don't give a crap about the American people.

[edit on 5/24/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Whose administration is already talking to two out of the three in the 'axis of evil'? Are you angry that GWB didn't invite you to the Kumbaya song?

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   

www.alternet.org

The hair trigger isn't as worrying to me as the naked pandering, false flag issues and flip-flops...He seems to be running a Hillary campaign and I think it will lead him to the same ditch... In my opinion if he had run as McCain of 2000 instead of Bush 3 he could have walked into the oval office...

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I all reality what Obama said was not at all offensive and hardly deserved the F remark.

As a veteran I think I am qualified to say this:

These people like uncurious george and McCain are all to quick to use our troops yet every time you turn around vets have to fight every inch of the way to get something more than thanks for your service.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I all reality what Obama said was not at all offensive and hardly deserved the F remark.

As a veteran I think I am qualified to say this:

These people like uncurious george and McCain are all to quick to use our troops yet every time you turn around vets have to fight every inch of the way to get something more than thanks for your service.

You do not have to be a vet to be qualified to say it, you just have to be thoughtful.

GWB has had 8 years of white house experience and somehow seems even less qualified than he was on day one...

[edit on 24-5-2008 by wytworm]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I actually think that something has happened to uncurious george during his tenure, a stroke or palsy or something.

Go back and watch his debates with Ann Richards... he was clear and articulate and to the point, didn't ramble or get muddled.

Then chose just about anything he has said over the past few years or watch his debate with Kerry and its a totally different man.

He becomes so confused and muddled only RR Conservative can understand him.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by wytworm

There was another version that he supported instead.

But it really just illustrates what's wrong with American politics at the top, IMO. There can't be a legitimate disagreement. Noooo... Its because McCain doesn't care about the troops. That's gotta be it.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by wytworm

And, don't forget, george w shrub didn't serve in the Military at all. Daddy got him into the Nat'l Guard to save him from Vietnam....but the kid was AWOL most of the time....Daddy's little angel.....

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
How could you possibly elect someone who has to take a nap between 2-5pm ?

That's way beyond me to be honest...Seems "only in America" my be apt here...

Peace

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Rilence

Honestly, with these three candidates, that's a selling point. I wish they'd institute nap time in Congress as well. The more often they sleep and the less 'work' that our elected morons do, the better off we-the-people usually are.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Basically you can always apply this, The Truth Hurts doesn't it, I think McCain should be ashamed of himself especially with all of the money he draws from the government and benefits he enjoys as a vet of his time and also as a government employee.

I think that it was a slap in the face and also reality check to any vet for him to vote against any helpful legislation especially after the ills of Walter Reed Hospital and all of the horror stories of disabled or injured vets not having enough money to pay back bills and especially after the college fund and gi bill nowadays pretty much dont even cut the mustard to attend and finish college, one must also get supplemental money etc for living and actually I dont know about how it is now but when i attended college on the gi bill and college fund it took months and months to get my first check from the VA, luckily i saved enough to register for classes and had some money saved up for my off campus living expenses before leaving active duty or else I would not have been able to even enroll and register because at that time the school would not accept the fact that I actually had benefits coming, and the check itself is not lump sum either so I had to eventually take out a loan and use the money for living expenses also, I also had a part time to help out.

Anyhow I can't wait to see the debates begin and we will see who actually is the cool headed, level minded individual, you figure if McCain does become commander and chief most of his staff will quit from having to put up with his inability to work well with others, mostly I think that his mental state is slightly off center so this should be a bigger deal than most have to this point discussed.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I actually think that something has happened to uncurious george during his tenure, a stroke or palsy or something.

Go back and watch his debates with Ann Richards... he was clear and articulate and to the point, didn't ramble or get muddled.

Then chose just about anything he has said over the past few years or watch his debate with Kerry and its a totally different man.

He becomes so confused and muddled only RR Conservative can understand him.

I have heard that theory before, mainly around the same time he was spotted with a box under his shirt for the debates...

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   

There was another version that he supported instead.

Which has significantly less in it and was drawn up in a panic over Webb's bill because it became too popular to stop.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Ahhh, another good thread Grover.

McCain is such a friggin' tool. I don't know why people hate GWB so much, yet make McCain their Republican nominee. Doesn't make too much sense to me.

I guess being Muslim or wearing a flag pin are the MOST important things we should be looking at.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join