It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost posting?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I just logged on to check the responses to threads I've been contributing to, and found, on my myATS, this thread:

"evidence that has to be kept secret"

I have not contributed to this thread.

Searching my profile, there is no mention of any post. Doing the same for the last member mentioned revealed the same.

This thread appears to have been deleted. Was this erroneous entry on my myATS a glitch or has my account been compromised? Can anyone help?

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

In the thread that you reference, I found the following post, posted by yourself:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Let me know if you actually posted this or not. if not, we'll take the next step to get resolution.

Hope this helps.

TheBorg

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

When I click on the link you've provided, I get this message:

ERROR: You've Requested A Page
That No Longer Exists

I can only reiterate that I have not posted on that thread. And I'll further emphasise this by stating again that the post is not in my listing on my profile, or on StargateSG7, who is listed on myATS as the last contributor.

Thanks for your help.

JAK

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Hello Beamish,

the thread has indeed been removed so you will be unable to access it. As for any content from yourself I can see the post in question and have sent a copy via U2U to see if it helps clear matters up.

I can also say that StargateSG7 was the last poster in that thread before it was removed.

Jak

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JAK

I have a confession to make.

Due to a private communication between myself and a several moderators, it has been brought to my attention, quite indisputably, that I did contribute to the thread I have denied any knowledge of. I have tried to explain this peculiarity in the simplest, and the most honest terms available to me.

I am going through a time of immense, and very personal, stress at the moment. Though as flimsy as this genuinely volunteered justification may sound, I can only hope that this goes someway to explaining my mistake.

I am profoundly sorry for any problems I have caused, or any accusations that may have been seen to be inferred. To all mods, I offer a contrite admission of guilt.

In light of this mistake, I intend to take a breather from posting on this site.

This may well prove to be a positive action, and help me to focus not only on what I find important, but also help to direct my thoughts succinctly.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Don't stress it dude, mistakes happen.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

intrepid, thank you for your reply. I appreciate it immensely.

Yes, mistakes happen. But if they begin to infringe on an individuals ability to react and reason, and reply, with prudence and wisdom, then any reply they supply is, in my opinion, rendered null and void.

I did not remember posting that reply.

This, again in my opinion, and no matter how uncomfortable the realisation may be, makes any response I contribute (until I sort my family problems out) not only irrelevant, but also possibly divisive.

The last thing I want to do is to compromise the honest, though understandably, and rightly intellectually questioning attitude of ATS. How can I add to a discussion if I cannot recall not only my own posts, but their contents?

I will miss ATS profoundly. This comes as a great surprise to me to have to do this.

Sometimes the individual has to place the needs of those who genuinely enquire about the incredible above any potential personal fulfillment.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

I've done that a lot. Forget that I posted in a thread. I usually go through the thread to find it but if it's gone, then you are kind of stuck.
As for you leaving the site, you gotta do what you gotta do. Hope to see you back when you have things squared away.

[edit on 24-5-2008 by TheComte]

[edit on 24-5-2008 by TheComte]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I just noticed that a thread that I had contributed to from '06, had a new post from AnonymousATS, but when I checked the thread, there was no reply. Curious.

The thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

JAK

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
This thread answers your question fingapointa

Who/what is this Anonymous poster? A bot to bump threads? Joined 5/5/08

To ensure T&C compliant content anonymous posts have to be approved by staff hence you will sometimes see an anonymous submission yet still be unable to view the content. I have just shown the anon post you pointed out.

As the main issue here has been resolved I shall close this thread.

Jak

[edit on 26/5/08 by JAK]

new topics

top topics

join