It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unmarked chopper patrols New York City from above

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
LINK

A dramatic close-up of Lady Liberty's frozen gaze fills one of three flat-screen computer monitors mounted on a console. Hundreds of sightseers below are oblivious to the fact that a helicopter is peering down on them from a mile and a half away.

Does anyone else find this slightly disturbing.

Police say the chopper's sweeps of landmarks and other potential targets are invaluable in helping guard against another terrorist attack, providing a see-but-avoid-being-seen advantage against bad guys.

Bad guys huh? Care to be a little more specific or should we lump them in with the evildoers? Sorry but Big Brother scares me to pieces, I am not a fan of this at all.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
With words like 'surveillance', 'reconnaissance' or scan pedestrians' faces, no worries here. Can we say George Orwell's "1984" model is upon us. The true question is; when will the people wake up? I guess after Big Brother has you by the short hairs.

I hear people comment all the time; "if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear". It is not a matter of having something to hide, it is a matter of being thought of as guilty before something has been done, Minority Report anyone!

Frankly, where is the need for such 'surveillance', 'reconnaissance' or scan pedestrians' faces? OH, I'm sorry, there is a terrorist behind every parking meter so we need to watch everyone. Its just one more link in the chain of oppression.

[edit on 5/24/2008 by pstrron]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Exactly! What should we think after we find out the we have been illegally spied on for months. I also find it funny that this story was posted on Yahoo well after midnight PST.
Scary.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kleverone
What should we think after we find out the we have been illegally spied on for months.

Sorry, but I missed something here....

What illegal spying are you refering to?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Don't mean to be a wet towel, but this is being discussed here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

I'm with you on this though Kleverone. I don't like this one bit. I'm not afraid of terrorists, so don't go shredding up the Constiution with my tax dollars thankyouverymuch.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by craig732

What illegal spying are you refering to?

"Obviously, we're not looking into apartments," Diaz said during a recent flight. "We don't invade the privacy of individuals. We only want to observe anything that's going on in public."

Yea right.

top topics

join