It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They ARE watching.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
You too my friend...and looking forward to our next posting...

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I am confused. Are we supposed to believe this is working for the police? If this is such an invasive awful thing, well, why arent we hearing about thugs and gangs being eliminated? Or mobsters? Can't they use this technology or system to locate missing children? Sounds like this colossal suck of tax dollars on blimps and xray vision helicopters is a fail. I thought there were known terror cells across our country. If this blimp thing works so well,, why do we have terrorists cells in our country?

This really sounds like a bunch of grown people playing with their new toys, like that one officer said in the video, I want to get a job driving the blimp, almost like it is a joke.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I heard that back in the 70's and 80's the U.S. had already secured pacts with britain and possibly some other countries to use U.S military satellites to gather any and all communications, give it to the nsa and share it and after the cold war they did not stop using it they only added more sophisticated satellites, also I also read that the millimeter wave technology used to see through bags in airports has long been used in spy satellites to see high definition inside of various structures, and not only that, think about this just about all cell phone traffic is routed through satellites or some single source the government has full access to and nowadays anyone who has a name brand ISP all of your internet traffic goes thru devices that the government can log into anytime they want, that became full law and reality about 3 years ago because they got sick of dealing with certain isp's not giving up records when requested so they forced it by way of a piece of mandatory equipment that any of your internet traffic travels through.

This whole idea of big brother is nothing new it's been in the works for a long time, pretty much the government can do anything they want regardless of all the hoopla about the fisa courts and electronic eavesdropping etc.

[edit on 24-5-2008 by phinubian]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

they most definatley could...good call hotbaked.. but fortunatley the NYPD version of this is a very focused program. The article was basically put forth, I believe as a precursor to the federal gov't saying ,"we can hear you." Surveillance techniques being what they are, are advancing at an exponential rate. Using the mask of national security what is to stop the blackhawks...not the blimps which are primarily used in UK, from monitoring anyone who bucks the system.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I just recently found the libertyradio website and was blown away by a jpg copy of an FBI public pamphlet that they have archived: www.radioliberty.com...

It states, among other things, "If you encounter any of the following, Call the Joint Terrorism Task Force."

Some of the "following" include these types [low-life, criminal scum?] of "terrorists":

* "defenders" of US Constitution against federal government and the UN (Super Patriots)

* Make numerous references to US Constitution

* Animal Rights

* Doomsday/Cult-Type Group

* Lone Individuals

* Christian Identity

Hmmm. Stop and look around you... see any one you know?

What do they need high-tech listening and video equipment, when they could just round up all of the "lone individuals" as terrorists? God knows what will happen to you if you are spiritual, nature aware, worried about 2012 and think that our Constitution has been raped!

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
This is a total joke. Seriously, what are they doing, watching people have s3x in their apartments? How can they POSSIBLY prevent an 'terrorist' attack using an helicopter with imaging devices. How lame. Simply.... HOW LAME.

LAME!

[edit on 25-5-2008 by star in a jar]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by seircram

I have seen that, or at least something similar to that. There was a thread on it here on ATS. Sorry, I don't have a link though. It's at least a few months old.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I see your point but is'nt a law only a law if people choose to accept it? If everyone rejected the way things are then how would it be possible to maintain soceity?

You should check out sizzlers threads if you want to dig into the rabbit hole on that one.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
A simple question
HAVE ANY OVE YOU READ -----IN THEIR OWN DOCUMENTS ----------
WHAT THEY SAY THEY WILL DO TO US !!!!!!!!!!!!
IF YOU HAVNT
THEN READ THEM
AND GROW UP AND FIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by phinubian

I heard that back in the 70's and 80's the U.S. had already secured pacts with britain and possibly some other countries to use U.S military satellites to gather any and all communications, give it to the nsa and share it and after the cold war they did not stop using it they only added more sophisticated satellites,

Your referring to ECHELON. The joint intelligence gathering network ran by the US/UK/CAN/AUS/NZ.
Yeah it has been around in some rudimentary form since the 1960's, but only recently has had it the capability and reach to intercept e-mail, telephone calls, and internet traffic on a global scale.

More here: en.wikipedia.org...

It basically let's governments circumvent their own civil law which prohibt government surveillance on telephone calls, mail, internet traffic by letting other governments do it for them and then sharing the information.

Quite ingenious really, but really it's nothing more than a global snooping network...

Government folks sure are sad, lifeless pr*cks if they have to keep intruding on their citizens activities to get their kicks.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lasthope

No one bothered to read, or thought to actually believe Mein Kampf either.

"They" always tell us.

With every "yuck, yuck" that Bush spouts from the podium, everyone fails to see that he is laughing at us. And we call him stupid. He knows he's acting like a bungling idiot while he carries out his crimes. And the people still think that somehow everything will be alright. Or worse yet, actually believe the propoganda which thinly veils the truth.

[edit on 5/25/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Many of you have asked 'where is the anger' or 'why are we doing nothing'.

I may just have the answer for you...

It is called 'modern living'.

Bear with me, and I shall explain what is meant by this and hopefully help some of you understand why nothing is happening.

In our daily lives, we wake up and go to work (for those of us lucky enough to still have a job). After fending off the tax man, and all of those unsightly fuel bills, we have just enough left to go out and allow the local supermarket to rip us off and if we are lucky we have a little something left, which usually goes on the latest DVD or computer game.

In the days of the civil wars (16th Century for the UK, 19th Century for the US) people didn't have to worry too much about going to the supermarket as there weren't any.
Many people grew their own food, and as a result didn't have to worry about earning a huge income to keep the family fed. Either that, or they provided some useful service to society (such as being a doctor) and in return for services rendered would be paid with commodities such as food.

Think about that for a moment. In the last one hundred years, the 'American' way of doing things in business, has removed our ability to fight for ourselves. Supermarkets and shopping centres/malls are an 'American' development, and as such we the people have allowed them to spring up, develop and get much, much bigger.

Therein lies the problem. People are now so dependent upon that system of things, that they do not know how to till the earth and plant food for next year. People have no idea about how to clean their homes with vinegar and baking soda (you can completely forget the idea of someone random knowing how to make baking soda).

So, how do you takle this problem?

The solution is simple. Education. One of the major problems we all face is ignorance, and being ignorant of fending for ones self will be no excuse when food is scarce or riots ensue.

Educate your friends, neigbours and family in how they should fend for themselves.

Civil wars broke out in the past because people were more able to care for their loved ones regardless of whether or not there was a system in place to provide for them... BECAUSE THEY COULD PROVIDE FOR THEMSELVES.

I am very fortunate in that I have quite a sizable garden. As such, I can grow all manner of vegetables. I do not need to worry about the food bill at the end of each week as much as I used to do, because I am providing for myself. I am also working on a solution to provide power for my home, so that I do not have to be 'hooked up' to the National Grid. That's another bill taken care of, and less reliance upon the system.

When people have the ability to care for themselves and do so, they have pride in their homes, their land and their skills... when such things are threatened (by police states, etc.) those same people get very, very angry in an extremely short time.

Right now, no one cares, because there is a system in place to care for them - it is called the 'welfare state', and this is the worst thing that could have ever happened to our society.

The problem is, that if we do not encourage our loved ones to do as I have suggested above, when the time comes and the 'welfare state' is no longer there to provide for us, it will already be too late. Riots will break out, people will starve, and life will become very difficult for tens of thousands of people.

But... and here's the crux of the issue... those that prepared, and are self sufficient, will have nothing to worry about. Not only that, but they will have time, and resources with which to combat such issues.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

Did you know that there are more shopping malls in America than high-schools?

I disagree with your ananlogy of a "welfare" state though. We are the victims of un-checked capitalism. We are told, even forced to play the game.

I would like nothing moore than to have a chunk of land and to be able to tell the world to piss off. But alas, I have no means to do so. Slavery is a most difficult thing to overcome.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join