It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They ARE watching.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

They ARE watching.

news.yahoo.com

yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Just a little confirmation
Finally admitted they are watching outisde of terrorist surveillance. And yes I know this is the NYPD, but if they have it then you better believe our gov't does too...probably at 2x the capabilites.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-5-2008 by djvexd]

[edit on 24-5-2008 by djvexd]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Well, that's it. I'm shutting my blinds, covering the curtains, drawing the drapes, taping up the windows and doors shut, and lining the interior with tin foil wall paper. That should keep those nosy flyboys from invading my privacy by taking pictures of [ahem] me while indoors at home. Yeah!

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   

"Obviously, we're not looking into apartments," Diaz said during a recent flight. "We don't invade the privacy of individuals. We only want to observe anything that's going on in public."

Yeah right.

Kelly even envisions someday using futuristic "stationary airborne devices" similar to blimps to conduct reconnaissance and guard against chemical, biological and radiological threats.

Alex Jones was talking about the blimp in a video I saw the other day. Oh, here's the video...

And I remember people telling me that Blue Thunder was just fiction, and that they would never really have anything like that.

[edit on 5/24/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Very interesting..

Thanks for the link.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Hey... That whole blimp thing, and them saying they -could- use it.. Making it sound like future plans.

I believe someone just posted somewhere in another thread, that if they are mentioning MAYBE using something.. That they have probably already been using it for a while.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
What else can you REALLY say at this point, guys?

WAKE UP, PEOPLE!!!

I'm absolutely floored by the ignorance EVERYwhere. Not just here.

I'm getting disillusioned with these types of forums.

We've got people in helicopters with cryptic number names flying around, admitting that they are surveilling us. People said that would never happen.

We've got gas prices surpassing 4 bucks. People said they'd stop driving.... THEY DIDN'T!

We've got private security firms slowly taking over our streets, like something outta RoboCop, and people don't care.

What the hell is wrong with people, man???

I'm seriously on the edge, man. Question is... how many other people are going through the same type of sheer unfettered furious frustration at society's willngness to not give a crap as I am?

If I had a rocket launcher, I'd blow one out of the sky right when I saw it.

Yet, they will deny truth to this once you point it out... because "black helicopters" following you is just the paranoid hallucination of conspiracy nuts.

What proof do you people ask for? Nuclear death?

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

Aww come on, I agree with you. I am rather furious and upset about peoples' inability to care and stop funding greed and corruption as well.

But damn, what more do you want from one person? I for one am already scared enough of society to never leave my home... What more do you want?

Even if the people did all wake up, they'd feel just as helpless as we do. I do my share in spreading the word. It's not that I am not believed, it's just that then everyone around me ends up feeling just as helpless.

Ron Paul could have turned this around, but people chose to write him off as 'fruity', and then vote for Obama.

Sorry dude, but.. Join the club. Hope is lost.

EDIT: typo

[edit on 24-5-2008 by LostNemesis]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Oh no. I sure hope they don't see the yellow cake I'm cooking in the kitchen to go with my ice cream. Or the aluminum rods I'm using for shower curtains. Or the remote trigger device used to turn on the TV. That could ruin all my plans of eating desert, taking a shower, and watching the season finale of Lost.

Ah, the voyeurs in the sky with $10 million heli-cop-ters. If they really wanted to prevent another terrorist attack they'd be watching the real enemies of the state that reside in the District of Corruption.

I personally find it all hilarious. I just can't be upset at humanity's infinite stupidity.

Oh well. At least I don't live on New Alcatraz, otherwise known as England.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
They've been using those plain white tethered blimps (Aerostat balloons, if I recall the terminology) along the New Mexico border for at least 15 years now. They use them down there to try and fight illegal alien and drug traffic crossing between official border crossings.

As far as the sound wave weapon in that Alex Jones piece of propaganda, I'm confused. They were used in Iraq because the same people who are today squaking about them being available to use to stop riots here were squaking back then about the need for nonlethal force weapons in Iraq and other potential war zones. Once again, the only thing that's really changed is that our millitary actions have become far too kind and too humanitarian in nature. Whereas in the past we'd have utilized nothing but lethal weapons in any foreign war and saved any nonlethal weapons for potential riot control stateside, today we're dispatching the nonlethal weapons in foreign wars as well. The police haven't become more dangerous, our millitary strategy has simply become less efficient and it's skewed people's perceptions here.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Hehe... I wrote some kind of almost short story / theory how society will evolve some months ago here. It wasn't my own prediction or invention but more or less a gathering of what we've heard or read before.

The point I wanted to make was that, these things are gonna take place slowly one by one and you will ALL accept them. They could have started this whole thing years ago, by didn't because the slower they administer the sedative the harder it is for us to notice we are being stripped of privacy, indepence and democracy.
Tomorrow you'll realise that the busses taking you to work leave and arrive at fixed minutes and if you don't board it, enquiry into your absence will be direct to you immediately and acted upon.

So as previous poster wrote. W A K E U P! This is not a sweet dream!

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

The point I wanted to make was that, these things are gonna take place slowly one by one and you will ALL accept them.

Indeed.

Hey, looks like someone I know!

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I get an uneasy feeling from this as well.

I'm sure it's INTENDED to be used against criminals and terror suspects... but these forms of surveillance and control often end up being used for the wrong purposes.

It's not uncommon to find references through history of law enforcement being used to push political agendas. Often in ways that law enforcement officers don't even realize it has anything to do with politics, they're just told the suspect is a terrorist.

If the police is permitted to use such an advanced form of reconnaissance and interception, I will only trust them having it one these conditions.

1: Upper echelons of government have NO absolutely NO authority or guidance as to how it is to be deployed, nor what it's targets are.

2: The term terrorist is to be immediately revoked from law enforcement use. The word terrorist can be used to describe anyone. Be more specific about the target, IE suicide bomber, etc. DO NOT use the term terrorist.
Terrorists can turn out to be just some guy a politician didn't like.

It's not that I don't trust law enforcement, those guys are great.
But the government drools at the mouth over such a control and intimidation over the people, and we cannot let them have it.
Remember, law enforcement serves the PEOPLE, not the government.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
They want friggin' blimps floating over our streets and looking over our shoulders?

Wow... it's like straight outta 1984 or something.

When are they planning to install those giant monitors in our homes with a direct feed to the Fuhrer's Office? Oops I mean "President's" office.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Where do you draw the line?! I always hear people talking about, "well, it's to protect us" and even the more idiotic remark, "they're doing this to protect our rights." What rights?! I mean really, I can't see any that we have left. Someone, please tell me, What freedom do you have that can not be infringed or taken away arbitrarily?

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Hey! I read the article and it looks pretty cool. I wonder what it takes to get more of these around. Be great to bust some of these hidden meth labs.

I'm all for it. All you guys that aren't are obviously hiding something.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WingNutEE

I'm all for it. All you guys that aren't are obviously hiding something.

I am so tired of this argument. No, I am not hiding anything, and I do support the use of this thing in public- I also think the belts that can detect radiation to help identify a dirty bomb is a great idea. But the problem is how do we know that this will only be used in public? If it can look through a truck to see if the driver is dead or alive and armed I would think it can look through walls. And then there is this quote:

"Obviously, we're not looking into apartments," Diaz said during a recent flight.

That would lead me to believe that they can look through walls and into people's homes. And I think that is creepy. This is very much a privacy issue- and again, I am not hiding anything. Anyone tapping my phone would know that. But I do find the idea that someone can peek into my place and see me at my most intimate moments disturbing. Without getting too graphic- using the bathroom, taking a shower, etc... I think you can see where I am going with this. (And if there is going to be a video of me doing, ahem, private things I think I should be able to get a copy of the footage and the full rights to post it in on the internet and make a profit. Gas and food costs being what they are...)

[edit on 5/24/2008 by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

You are not alone with the things you feel.
There are a lot of people who have this feeling but its like a dog being backed into a corner eventually even the mildest natured person will bite if provoked enough.
Keep your sanity because when the mildest start to bite back you wont be among the minority that you feel you are just now.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I say if they can see into our homes we pick a day and give them

a show they will never forget.

This government is suffering from very grave schitzophrenia, i'm sure if they were given a simple test, they'd turn the White House into a nut ward.

AND YES- it will take a nuke, or a new toy like a gun that evaporizes you and your soul (btw, it exists, i hear) for people to get up go outside and
start screaming their freaking heads off.

Wait till oil hits $7 or $10 a gallon, these creeps will still be driving around aimlessly, looking for a good bargain or a good yard sale.

Where is the outrage??????????????????????????????????????????????

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I think that the outrage is right here.

People have a tendancy to sit and ponder over things these days as we are taught that violence is the last option. "The good guy walks away"

I was always taught that from my parents. Theres a tonne of things out there that influence us to sit back but I reckon that when it gets so tough that we cant take it we stop and take action.

I have faith in people in general. I think we have scared "them" so much that they are trying to tie us all into the fear of surviving scenario sooner than was meant to be.

Havent you guys noticed that things are getting faster and faster especially with the price of essential items in particular?

Its like it was a slow moving plan and then bang its rush rush rush?

At the end of the day here, we can grow food in a patch of grass for crying out loud! (we can survive)

A group of people could form a self sustaining community with food, shelter from goods of the land and this in turn creates jobs.

Why are we so afraid???????????

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join