It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Doorway Structure on Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
There is a strange door-like structure at the base of the mountain formation from a NASA image of Mars that is causing a stir. The first person to notice it wasn’t a NASA scientist, however, but rather a Russian reader of the portal R&D.Cnews, Alexander Novgorodov.....

Could this be the entrance to the underground bases?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
has the color been enhanced? what is the source of this image? Is this a super-cool children's fort?

-Cuauhtemoc

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I cannot see the image, but I suppose it's the same that has been discussed here before, for example in this thread.

As I said in those previous discussions, I don't think this is a doorway, just a slightly recessed space.

Cuauhtemoc
The colours are not real, the image is made with infrared, red and green+blue (the filters available on the camera aboard Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter) instead of red, green and blue.

The image can be seen here in its original size, a huge 4048 x 50000 pixels image.

As all HiRISE images are JPEG 2000 you have to use a program that can handle that file format. I use IAS Viewer, just follow the instructions here.

Edit: I see the image now, it's the one I was expecting.

[edit on 24/5/2008 by ArMaP]

join