It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buy a car... get a free handgun!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

A Missouri car dealer said on Thursday sales have soared at his auto and truck business since launching a promotion this week that promises buyers a free handgun or a $250 gas card with every purchase.

"We all go to church on Sunday and we all carry guns," said Muller. "I've got a gun in my pocket right now. I have a rifle in my truck. We've got to shoot the coyotes out here, they're attacking our cows, our chickens. We're not clinging to nothing. We're just damn glad to live in a free country where you can have a gun if you want. This is the way it ought to be."

Link

Is this really a smart thing to do with all the maniacs running around?
Any drug dealer can buy a car, and in this case he could easily use the gun provided to rob a bank or worse.

as for me, I would take the gas card.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
First off, it's not like hes giving out guns left and right. He is only giving out a gift certificate that will cover about half the cost of a good handgun. Everyone that uses it still has to go through a background check.

Why am I even bothering trying to talk about this. Your post makes your thoughts on gun blatantly clear.

[sarcasm]
I'm sure your right. Maniacs, drug dealers and bank robbers are spending $5,000 or more and going through a background check to get a slightly discounted gun that can be easily traced to them, even though they could simply buy one almost anonymously with no check at a gun show or out of the paper for 300 bucks.......
[/sarcasm]

P.S. I want to go to that church.

[edit on 23-5-2008 by Tiloke]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It's not exactly free handguns he's handing out, it's $250 credit at a gun store... where those not legal to own a gun can't use it.

And owner Mark Muller credits his decision to start offering buyers their choice of a $250 gas card or a $250 credit at a gun shop.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Same article

That's probably why the option of a $250 gas card is there.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
This is what happens...

When you have someone who doesn't know the first thing in the world about guns or gun laws write an article for Reuters... Or someone post a thread...

From the article linked:

Max Motors, a small Butler, Missouri dealership that has as its logo a grimacing cowboy wielding a pistol, has sold more than 30 cars and trucks in the last three days, far more than its normal volume. And owner Mark Muller credits his decision to start offering buyers their choice of a $250 gas card or a $250 credit at a gun shop.

A credit... A gift card... Whatever you want to call it, it's not a "gun" and it's not a "handgun." A gun shop would be required to perform all the necessary checks, abide by age requirements, and waiting periods. This is typical hysterical reporting followed by opportunistic agenda driven posting... There's a name for both... Yellow.

Our Founding Fathers had the good sense to craft the Second Amendment (it was almost the first
), I think it's high time we all just accepted that... Lest we care to put the remaining Bill of Rights in jeopardy.

Armed Monkeys, not just to the teeth anymore...

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Well I just gave everyone a star because I don't have to say anything else.
Except I edit to make it a two line post.

[edit on 5/23/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I KNOW, what else would they buy at a gunshop?
I'm sure someone determined enough would make the trip.

Why the hell would you take a gun into a church?
Its ok, God doesnt bite.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

I bet you that 98% of those who bought a car took the $250.00 worth of gas instead. But there's nothing wrong with a gun if you qualify to have one.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
I KNOW, what else would they buy at a gunshop?

Ammunition, holsters, camping equipment, knives, firearm literature,upgrades for firearms already owned, scopes etc, etc. If a gun shop only sold guns, they would be out of business in a month.

I'm sure someone determined enough would make the trip.

What trip? Did you even read above? There is absolutely ZERO chance that a bank robber, drug dealer, etc would choose to spend 5000 dollars or more to go through a background check just to get a weapon that can very easily be traced back to him when they can buy one anonymously out of the newspaper classifieds or a gun show for less than 1\20th the price of a car.

Why the hell would you take a gun into a church?
Its ok, God doesnt bite.

No, but people do.
Gunman kills 7 in a mass shooting in a church in Miluakee.

Colorado Church Gunman Had Grudge Against Christian Group, Cops Say

3 injured in church shooting in L.A.

There a dozen more that I simply don't have the time to post in order to educate others.

P.S. The second story I linked to would have had a much HIGHER body count for the bad guy if one of the churchgoers didn't have the good sense to take her gun to church with her.

[edit on 23-5-2008 by Tiloke]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak

Is this really a smart thing to do with all the maniacs running around?

It sounds pretty smart to me...

If more people carried firearms the maniacs would die quickly when they try to take another person's life.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Yes quite! What an insightful observation to make!

Which sane drug dealer would go to the piddly black market and buy a gun for $60 when in fact he could do it so much cheaper and easier by:

1. Selling more drugs to raise cash
2. Buy car with drug money
3. Avoid authority and background checks while taking these actions
4. Take $250 credit on presumably an automobile worth over a $1000 at least
5. Buy firearm illegally
6. Use firearm illegally in an action called murder, which is illegal.

[/sarcasm]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Interesting... I'm on the fence when it comes to everyone having a gun, but I would think a car can be just as dangerous or even more dangerous than a gun in the wrong hands...

Hmm...

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
All I can say is more power to him!

The only way I'd buy a car from him, though, is if he threw in a gun rack too!!!!

top topics

join