It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mysterious forest rings of northern Ontario

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

The mysterious forest rings of northern Ontario

www.cbc.ca

It is a strange phenomenon: thousands of large, perfectly round "forest rings" dot the boreal landscape of northern Ontario.
(visit the link for the full news article)

"It is a new paradigm for us. What science doesn't understand is the most interesting, and we're having a lot of fun working on the many pieces of the strange puzzle. This is beyond science fiction — it is unbelievable."

[edit on 23-5-2008 by JesterTerrestrial]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Forest circles?!

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-5-2008 by JesterTerrestrial]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
They look like the Carolina bays that we have in the south eastern US.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Very interesting article, though it does say they are not caused by any UFO connection. Just a natural phenomena.

There is a lot to take in there but it shows just how electrical our planet is. It says these circles could be a source of clean natural gas, and yet also a cause of warming at the same time.

He does admit, though, that forest rings have "a million mysteries." For example, the electrical field found inside the forest rings is a puzzle that needs to be solved.

"It shouldn't be there," Hamilton says. "Something is creating a huge electrical field, and we think it might be millions of chemical-eating micro-organisms in the soil."

Hmm, chemical-eating micro-organisms that cause a magnetic field. Maybe a way to clean up the environment while creating cheap energy? With some research who knows what this could bring.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Increased volcanic activity in the arctic sea, and now these. I am thinking this is yet another sign of increased volcanic activity.

Gakkel Ridge

Lots of small earthquakes around Reno and a 2000 year dormant volcano in Chile firing up again. It certinaly points to some coming changes.

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
See my recent post on the topic. Doesn't add a WHOLE LOT, but a bit. I wonder if they're related to the Carolina bays... Somehow made it's way to the front page of NowPublic rather quickly. They must have liked it! No idea how long it will stay there.

(Mysterious Electrified Rings of Stunted Tree Growth in Northern Ontario!)
digg.com...
www.nowpublic.com...

See also:

(Boreal Forest Rings)
epod.usra.edu...

(Forest Rings)
www.science-frontiers.com...

(Carolina bays)
en.wikipedia.org...

(Telluric curents)
en.wikipedia.org...

(Magnetotellurics)
en.wikipedia.org...

Not related to UFOs, so let's no go there.

Cheers,
~Michael Gmirkin

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Remind me again how microbes / bacteria are supposed to generate these big electric fields...? I think that theory is slightly cracked. Aside from which, why would they align themselves in giant circles rather than misshapen blobs wherever they happened to grow? Or are they following some specific preexisting geological feature?

The Earth battery explanation seems more logical to me. Heck, even Velikovskian thunderbolts
(or rather more stable plasma "flux tube" / "field-aligned current" remnant magnetism, or something) makes more sense than the bacteria / micro-organism thing...

Cheers,
~Michael Gmirkin

top topics

join