It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Funnel clouds in So. Cal!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
ya and snow in Arizona in May almost june, tornado's in Colorado!!!!is this global marming or no ozone or what ,,what is going on on this eart (earthquakesa, cyclones
Whay are your guyz thoughts?>??

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Well with global warming severe weather will be happening more often. I am not sure about your climate but here in Slovenia, Europe. Snow in may isn't that rare thing. Anyway weather will become more and more extreme not just in USA or EU but it will be affecting whole Earth. In Slovenia we have 4 straight too warm months again and may will be fifth. Last year we had 13 too warm months and chances for it were really really small but it happened.

We will have to get used to it

Have a nice day

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bugs_n_recovery

Ya had snow over there?
Hmm... Was in the mountains or something? Where was the snow? Why is'nt the MSM reporting this stuff? I have'nt heard one thing on the news about the tornado in Cali, kinda strange if ya ask me.

-Jimmy

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Read up on weather warfare dude. Earthquake in China, followed by Tornadoes in California.

China probably hasn't mastered HAARP yet, but have mastered Cloud Seeding for producing Tornades.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
well may in az ;;;last week it was a hundred degrees where i live thats at about 4,000 ft. its been snowing at 6,500, and ya just dont here much aboue tornados in or around denver

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
strange and radical weather have always been around.
i remember when i was a kid in colorado, there would be snow storms that would dump 8 to 10 ft of snow over a 4 or 5 day period.

they were rare and uncommon.

we also had the rare funnel cloud - even in denver.

seen snows in july, and hot weather in january.

it's just the ebb and flow of the climate. i kind of miss the rare occurrences now and then.

[edit on 5/24/2008 by zooplancton]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
the bay area had a tornado few years back on christmas eve or close to it. touched down not too far from sfo and damaged houses. north bay had a couple of very small ones since then as well. wierd weather can happen. does seem to be picking up a little though.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Well, I have been in Arizona since I was nine. I am almost 40. Where I live it was 110, the next day goes down to 55 degrees, and hailing. Never seen that here! And I mean LARGE hail, not the melting stuff.
Not complaining mind you. It was a nice break. Wish it would do that more often,
but in reality, something is up.

On a bad note, it ruined the new grass I had planted and had JUST started to come up. Now I have to start all over again watering this mudd. UGGG

Ama

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Tuesday and Wednesday here in Albuquerque the temperatures were in the nineties. Yesterday the high in my neighborhood was 56 with lots of rain, maybe a little higher at the airport, and right now at about 1250MDT, it's just 63 degrees.

By Sunday, we should be back to more seasonable temperatures.

www.wunderground.com...

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This activity is likely the result of a moderate la nina which is a cooling of the waters. Sorry but this has nothing to do with a "warming" especially since the continental U.S. has been anything but warm.

I'm personally ready for some decent warm weather. The weather so far this year as stunk.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

China probably hasn't mastered HAARP yet, but have mastered Cloud Seeding for producing Tornades.

LOL!

I supposed cloud seeding might reduce the likelihood of supercells developing and for cold fronts to become less active though.

So maybe the Californian tornado was caused by the Chinese failing to engage in weather wars?

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

Sorry to hear about your grass. I am in AZ too- been here since 1993, and I couldn't believe it either- except I didn't see any hail where I am. I actually caved and turned my heat on the other day for a little bit. In May. In Phoenix. And up north was expecting snow. Crazy!

I have been thinking about this a lot lately... we have had a cyclone in Myanmar, a big earthquake in China, a volcano eruption in Southern Chile, funnel clouds and tornadoes in So Cal and Colorado, and I think Mt. Etna was acting up (of course, Mt. Etna is always acting up). All in the past few weeks. And I think we are seeing more tornadoes now than we have before- I will look into that.

Natural disasters have always occured of course but they just seem more frequent than they used to be- but maybe that is because I am paying more attention to them now. And because our news is paying more attention to global warming- whether man-made or solar warming- and with the click of a button you can access all the news of the world within seconds on the internet.

But I am inclined to believe that Mother Nature is not too happy at the moment.

top topics

join