It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton cites Kennedy assassination in primaries

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I don't think there was anything sinister in her remark. She sounded frazzled & frustrated to me and just said something dumb. I do think it is suggestive of how she might perform as president though.

That said, I think Obama would be nuts to put her on the ticket as vp for many reasons, not the least of which would be his own safety. A guy called into a talk radio show last night and said the ongoing joke is that if she were his vice president, he better appoint a food taster. -Might not be too far fetched.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I'm not surprised at anything Hillary says. Remember how:

She spoke black English in that southern black church last year, but...
And she avoided that sniper, but...
She was going to release her tax returns soon, but....
Oh, and she wants everyone to see her record as first lady and co-president, but....
Or her snide comment asking if Mr. Obama needed a pillow to be more comfy, but...

This article hits her square in the ego.

Hillary Clinton is furious that America has not agreed to her coronation. She doesn’t understand why voters are rejecting her and embracing Barack Obama. She just doesn’t get it.

That's right. She just doesn't get it.

The real Hillary Clinton stood up at the Democratic presidential debate this week: angry, sarcastic, stubborn, secretive, arrogant, mired in the past, victim of the media, and still firmly convinced that she is uniquely entitled to the Democratic Party nomination and the presidency.

This is all Monica's fault no doubt! Poor paranoid Hillary. If she can't be president, what's left? She's come to far to be an American at this point.

Never one to engage in self reflection, she can’t blame herself or even her incompetent strategists and advisers. They’re too close to her. She can’t accept the sorry fact that her campaign has been a disaster because it was based on the past and not the future, because it was premised on her phony experience and maintaining the status quo, and because her negative outlook is completely out of step with the mood of America. And finally, because in the positive message of Barack Obama, Americans see a stark contrast with her doom and gloom view of the world.

She's the best reason for Obama, and her own worst enemy.

(This is not a paid endorsement for either candidate, and the writer should not be blamed for pointing out the article. Or the obvious.)

Source

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
IMO Obama shouldn't pick Hillary as VP running mate.
If he does his chance of getting assassinated will jump 100%.
I would put nothing past the Clintons.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I'm an Obama supporter, but still I think Hillary Clinton is unfairly demonized, mostly by the hard right but also by some Democrats. Her comment was simply that many times the contest for the nomination has carried into June or even beyond; it takes a real paranoid stretch to see her remarks as threatening to Obama.

It's true that the contest has often gone as far as the Democratic convention. For example, in 1980 Ted Kennedy carried his challenge of Jimmy Carter to the convention floor (It might have been better if he had won, but that's another discussion). Clinton is a fighter who doesn't give up easily--that's a good quality in a president, not a bad one. A man who was equally determined to win probably wouldn't be called "desperate," even if he was.

It's time people stop dissecting every comment by Obama or Clinton about each other (and there's no evidence the comment in question was even referring to him) and focus on the real contest with John McCain. If every word out of his mouth was put under a microscope as is done with Hillary the Democrats would find plenty of ammunition.

[edit on 24-5-2008 by Sestias]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Yes, it's time to move on and start looking at the McCain machine. He's looking like a football team that has a buy through the first round of the playoffs and home field advantage up to the super bowl.
Obama and Hillary have been working their tails off just getting to the real fight.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

How can anyone one elect her now if an assassination of Obama did happen. There would always be a dark shroud of suspicion around her.

Naa. If anyone even remembered this, they still wouldn't put two and two together. Anyone who did come out with something like that would just be written off as some conspiracy nut.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
so she is saying that the nomination process isnt done until june? I dont understand it, i thought mathmatically she cannot win the nomination. Obama is not going to pick her as a vp, Why doesnt obama just announce he won like mccain?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
This is just too funny.

www.alternet.org...

I did something similar with a still in photoshop a few weeks ago but I don't know how to upload images for posts.

"It's only a flesh wound!!!"

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Come on, Hillary! I'ven been predicting that you would come back to steal the nomination out from under O(bs)ama at the last possible moment. So, what's with this continuous shooting (sorry) yourself in the foot (or higher and more to the rear)?

You trying to make me look bad?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
reply to post by AllSeeingI

How can anyone one elect her now if an assassination of Obama did happen. There would always be a dark shroud of suspicion around her.

Naa. If anyone even remembered this, they still wouldn't put two and two together. Anyone who did come out with something like that would just be written off as some conspiracy nut.

That's right. I lived in Arkansas when (Bill) Clinton was governor and no one ever seriously connected the dots (trail of dead bodies) that followed the Clinton's rise to power. True, some brought it up, but the mainstream dismissed it. Same would happen this time as it would turn out that Hillary ended up being helped by the "sympathy vote".

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The thing is Clinton has been saying something like this since March in her stump speeches and in all reality the only reason it made the news this time is simply because of Ted Kennedy was already in the news with his diagnosis of Cancer of the brain.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
What is she doing? Digging up old dirt? Why doesnt she comment on how he was murdered by his own government?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Started new thread with this info instead of posting it here ...

[edit on 5/28/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join