It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton cites Kennedy assassination in primaries

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I dunno but I may be off base on this one theory. Maybe she is suggesting that a curse on each presidential winning an election in a year ending in a zero may have not been broken. This is how I connected what Clinton said with what I read in another ATS thread, by the way.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Let me preface this by saying that I support no one in this election. I don't trust any one of the front runners on either side. However, that having been said, I don't understand why Hillary is getting such a lashing for citing an historical event when Obama's comments about Americans "clinging to guns or religion" barely got a moment in the media? His comment was truly against many of those in America, but he got a pass? That doesn't make sense.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
One thing I noted on Washington Week last night on PBS was that she had been saying this (the Bobby Kennedy thing) since March in her stump speeches but was apologizing like it was a simple slip of the tongue or bad analogy.

[edit on 24-5-2008 by grover]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I cant believe she would build her own coffin like this.
How can anyone one elect her now if an assassination of Obama did happen. There would always be a dark shroud of suspicion around her.

Hand it over officially to Obama...

Hillary you are OUTTA HERE!

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by scarlett1125

You're kidding right?
Obama got nailed by everyone for that comment. That's what cost him the momentum he had going and a probable big win in Pennsylvania. The Media clung on to that one so much that no one cared anymore.

As for Clinton "citing" a historical moment, she brought up what could have been one of the most tragic moments in modern political history. She did so insinuating that "anything can happen that's why I'm not dropping out of the race." let me put it simple, she's staying it because she thinks something could happen to Obama. That's why she's getting so much heat, because it's such a sensitive issue.

Now don't get me wrong, I've been rooting for Clinton since three years ago when names started to fly around, but she's been engaging in dirty tactics, hiring all the wrong people, slipping up too much, and just running a negative campaign. That doesn't sit well with me, it didn't sit well with me when Bush and his cronies bashed McCain in '00 and Kerry in '04.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

In order to understand the resons why obama or clinton would be next or not, you have to look at time lines. Dr. Dan Burisch has all that information. And just so you know, obama is 32nd degree freemason.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I think that she was referencing the fact that it was in June when the assasination happened, she wasn't implying that Barack would be assasinated in any way!!! This is a classic example of making a mountain out of a molehill. This bickering between the two may cost the democrats the election. This is such an unnessecary distraction, that strengthens my belief that this election is going to be a waste. None of the canidates are qualified in my opinion.

Should Clinton have said that Kennedy was still in the race as of June and allowed us to fill in the blank? I'm so sick of Political correctness that I think I just puked in my mouth.

Lets deal with the real issues and stop acting like children for the rest of the world to see.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   
After Kennedy announced possibly running for NY senate.. Guess what his plane crashed and Hilary decides to run.. hmmm

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This is being blown way out of proportion, as usual. I've come to expect nothing less from Obama's over-enthusiastic supporters.

Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., who has endorsed Mrs. Clinton, defended her remarks in a telephone interview on Friday evening.

“I’ve heard her make that argument before,” Mr. Kennedy said, speaking on his cellphone as he drove to the family compound in Hyannis Port, Mass. “It sounds like she was invoking a familiar historical circumstance in support of her argument for continuing her campaign."

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I certainly hope that the media takes as many pains to lambast Senator Clinton for these remarks as they did to Senator Obama for words that he never spoke (those of his pastor).

What an incredibly inappropriate, offensive thing for her to say...it'll take more than the usual "I'm sorry/it was taken out of context" to explain this away...

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
What a bizarre thing to say! This woman is truly without soul.

It could very well be a ploy to get her on the ticket with Obama, just to give people that comfy-cozy feeling just in case something were to happen to Obama.

Peace

I believe this was a contrived statement and she knew exactly what she was saying and the reason why. Billary, they are both calculating like a Chess game and we have not heard the last of the votes being counted in Florida and maybe Michigan. It will more then likely go to convention for deciding the democratic candidate nominee and if it does look for there to be a lot of unhappy people unless they unite and both are on the same ticket as President and V.P.
Rik Riley

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

"Primary contests used to last a lot longer," she told Time magazine in March.

"We all remember the great tragedy of Bobby Kennedy being assassinated in June in LA. My husband didn't wrap up the nomination in 1992 until June. Having a primary contest go through June is nothing particularly unusual."

When taken IN CONTEXT I truly do not see what is so inflammatory about her comment. The notion that mentioning a very famous Democratic candidate in the past, who was in a similar situation to Clinton with regard to the primaries seems quite reasonable. Why not mention the Kennedy's? They were quite famous and many democrats were very fond of them.

Sheesh are people going to argue that when Republicans invoke the name of Reagan they are implying they want their adversaries to get Alzheimers? That is crazy.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This chick is mind controled by MKUltra. AT least you could almost begin to think so the way she acts and talks. I do realy believe though, she is bi-polar from her cackling when early on she was asked questions, than to mood swinging and wimpering about the NH primary debacle which was a debacle only in her mind. Than she comes out with a statement barrack can be her VP and that she is all for a nuclear strike on iran if it bothers isreal.

This chick is nuts. I think barrack better stay away from her and not even consider her as a VP since he will get a bullet in the head. them clantons are a dangerous game.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

I see your point, Sonya (love your avatar!)...

I know that Senator Clinton's statement was based on historical fact, but I simply found it to be distasteful, desperate, and creepy in a way I can't fully explain...this feeling has nothing to do with any particular political POV on my part...

Ezzi

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus24

As I said in my post, I'm no fan of Clinton or Obama or McCain. I think they're all dirty and ambitious. The fact is that her comment was an "anything could happen" comment. Obama's was a slam against the American people, and it should have cost him more than a little momentum. I don't think that her comment was meant to insinuate that something would or could happen to Obama. Any one of them could drop dead tomorrow, whether by natural causes or by someone else's hand. There is nothing sinister about stating that fact. There is, however, something sinister about saying that those who appreciate their civil liberties granted to them by the Bill of Rights are somehow less than others.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Her remarks could be interpreted as threatening to assassinate Obama if she doesn't win the primary. Publicly, she seems to be telling the superdelegates that even if they don't endorse her, she still might win, and then she could punish them as president. Also, if she sounds willing to assassinate Obama, it may make more people scared of her.

I don't if she will attempt to assassinate Obama, but those type of threats need to be taken seriously. Politics can be a very dirty business. I hope no assassination comes to pass.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Maybe it's a code phrase.
Is there a Robert F Kennedy Blvd anywhere in California?
...airport, building?

Some people will run out and get life insurance policies on all candidates now.

[edit on 24-5-2008 by Alxandro]

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
What a bizarre thing to say! This woman is truly without soul.

It could very well be a ploy to get her on the ticket with Obama, just to give people that comfy-cozy feeling just in case something were to happen to Obama.

Peace

Yes, "Just in Case," Hillary thinks as she's slowly stoking her furry white cat.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Can you imagine if Obama did get whacked? Cinton would get the blame & there would be protests in the street which would include inner city violence. All this caused by the champion party of the African Americans in this country. I think the African Americans of this country should wake up to the Ron Paul Solution.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
She didn't threaten to assassinate Obama, she just wanted to put it out there to whoever (crazies) might be receptive that if Obama happens to get assassinated than she'll be there to carry the baton to the finish line. She's a real team player you know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join