It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STOP PRESS - Vast Cracks Appear in Arctic Ice

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by pause4thought
most of the ones who will really suffer, at least at first, have dark skin, don't speak English and don't make a major contribution to the world economy... (I suspect such deep prejudice underlies much apathy, although please note I'm not making an assertion of racism against you personally.

Huh?

What do you mean since IF anything happens, it will affect the entire planet and not individual races or class of people.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

No-one invited the CIA to come in and start making a mockery of an issue that will impact on the lives of us plebs.

If you have something to say, spit it out.

[corrected typo]

[edit on 23/5/08 by pause4thought]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

It IS happening now. Haven't you noticed the increase in catastrophic weather systems? I also heard something about the arctic ice being in meltdown...

Again, it's pure speculation. Didn't you read the links I posted about the arctic ice increasing and NOT decreasing?

[edit on 23-5-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
What exactly do YOU PROPOSE that we, as small humans on this planet, do to stop the sun from having its solar event?

It is not a question of what it is or how it is or even why it is...It just is. We need to accept that no matter what is causing these shifts that if we are to survive we need to change the way in which we live our lives.

No matter whether carbon emissions are to blame we need to reduce those emissions because they are poisoning the air that we breathe and the air that all the other, non-humans, on this planet have to breathe too. We need to ensure that we help promote bio-diversity to ensure that the from the very bottom up, the food chain is preserved and our means to produce alternative food sources is optimised.

Global warming, natural or otherwise will force us further towards an extinction or to the very least a massive depopulation event. If we allow it to.

It has already started due to intensive farming practices and we must move away from industrialised food provision. While there is still profit to be made no-one is going to do it for us, and therefore it is up to us, as individual and collective consumers to drive the change necessary.

I'd like to think humanity is capable of this and will finally learn the lesson that is laid out in repeated succession in the bible and in our collected histories of the falls of civilisations. This Fall covers the globe and effects everyone and everything on it, this time we will take everything bar the plants and the insects with us. This time there is nowhere to expand to or run to, all the 'Lebensraum' has gone.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

reply to post by centurion1211

just face it that nature is sometimes cruel and people are going to die - no matter how many trillions of dollars you want to spend.

Fair enough, most of the ones who will really suffer, at least at first, have dark skin, don't speak English and don't make a major contribution to the world economy... (I suspect such deep prejudice underlies much apathy, although please note I'm not making an assertion of racism against you personally.)

Yeah, well it sure sounds like you are making that assertion to me.
A solar event would be pretty much color blind IMO. You should try that yourself.

No, I think it will be the city dwellers all over the world that will suffer first and most in the event of any planet-wide problem. Why? Simple, they depend on so many others to support them for food and energy - a support network that would disappear, leaving them to starve. It is the people that can grow their own food - the people you alluded to earlier - that will be the survivors.

But what if they were your kids? Would you still be that blaze? Or would you perhaps do everything in your power to minimise the consequences and prepare for what is to come?

My only response to this comment would be to tell you to save your bleeding-heart BS for someone you can share kleenex with.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

The first link is speculation based on a very short-term perspective.

Winter sea ice could keep expanding

Pure speculation. Cracks in the ice miles long speak louder than words.

The second link, while backing up the first receives the same reply. And both are, I'm afraid, already old hat.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I personally believe that we are starting to see geographic-climatic changes. Whereas the southwest may have been considered dry, more rain will probably arrive to this area over time. Different regions not known for certain types of weather or seasons will start experiencing changes - both good nad bad. I believe that this will ultimately restructure the populace, in the long term, whereas in the short term many people will die due to traditional farming lands no longer being viable.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   

reply to post by WhatTheory

Nobody knows what is going to happen. Nothing could happen for another 2000 years or something could happen tomorrow.

It IS happening now. Haven't you noticed the increase in catastrophic weather systems? I also heard something about the arctic ice being in meltdown...

No. All we've seen is an increase in the amount of "global warming" media fear-mongering (to try and generate fear in people like you). Fear, so that you will buy into their agenda without stopping to think it through.

Does it make sense to make planetary decisions, spend huge amounts of maoney and disrupt people's lives everywhere based on fear? No, I prefer a more scientific approach.

I was concerned their tactics would work for awhile there, but cooler and saner people have started to come to the forefront and "the sky is falling" folks have started to fade.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to posts by Centurion & WhatTheory

You seem to be completely ignoring the fact that temperatures rise more rapidly the nearer you get to the equator! That's where the third world economies tend to be found. Scrub that. That's where hundreds of millions of people with the same right to life as you and me live.

But what if they were your kids? Would you still be that blaze? Or would you perhaps do everything in your power to minimise the consequences and prepare for what is to come?

My only response to this comment would be to tell you to save your bleeding-heart BS for someone you can share kleenex with.

Centurion: this cold-blooded comment borders on Naziism. I jolly well hope it was rhetoric and not a reflection of your true self.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The solution to ALL of our problems is already on the table.

By enacting new carbon taxes in the billions (if not trillions), and by lining their pockets and the pockets of large corporate entities, our politicians are going to save the planet (and perhaps the universe) from the threat of naturally ocurring and cyclical trends.

Sorry for being so sarcastic, but I can't seem to get over what a ridiculous idea this carbon tax is. All of the money in the world is not enough to alter the course of nature. The carbon tax is a scam, plain and simple.

Personally, I'm still waiting to see how the Electrical Universe theory ties in with the heating and cooling cycles of our sun. If you are unfamiliar with the Electrical Universe theory, see Thunderbolts of the Gods an excellent introduction to a theory which may explain many unsolved mysteries about how our solar system and universe interact with each other.

I believe that this theory will eventually be accepted to explain a direct correlation between electrical interactions of our universe and our sun, which will in turn explain the universal mechanics of warming and cooling trends which occur throughout our solar system. I know this all may sound a bit "out there" but watch that documentary, this is serious science.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

Different regions not known for certain types of weather or seasons will start experiencing changes - both good nad bad.

Hi. Why are you talking in the past tense here? This is happening in our time. Now. Speculation about the reality is history. What can you say about how we deal with the here and now and the future (which you have clearly given some thought to)?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Honestly, I think global warming is a scare tactic. Keep us scared, and we will look to them for the answers.

Revelations of Big Oil Chaplain Lindsey Williams...You Pay National Debt at the Pump

EDIT to add: Well, more precisely, they are capitalizing on a natural phenomenon. I do believe that we are indeed seeing global warming, but we're not doing it and there's nothing that can be done about it. The thing that scares me the most is another ice age on the tail end of this phenomenon. 2012 y'all.

[edit on 5/23/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

When I say good and bad, I'm talking about events that have not been witnessed yet, like mega hurricanes in New York, Florida, etc.

I do not have a solution, except for storing food for at least several months, to get yourself and others out of danger when the SHTF. We are basically the ball in natures roulette table...

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I actually have a theory about this:
"I believe that our Sun(Sol) is possibly emitting or belching a form or band of radiation that is not known or we cannot detect yet. Possible explanation for the solar system wide warming as well as the colony collapse disorder with the honey bees.This could explain as well the strange behavior in some animal species as of late. It could be causing a whole chain of events that is getting quicker as time goes by to eventually polar shift.2012 maybe...maybe not...we are just really beginning to see the changes on a grand scale.

[edit on 05/16/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

reply to posts by Centurion & WhatTheory

Centurion: this cold-blooded comment borders on Naziism. I jolly well hope it was rhetoric and not a reflection of your true self.

How typical for people like this to resort to throwing insults and personal attacks when they run out of media sound bites and don't know how to think of anything more on their own. Maybe this is just another student regurgitating what they "learned" in school today. I can excuse that, but not the name calling.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

Exactly. To believe that man is powerful enough to counteract these vastly powerful forces of nature is the pinnacle of arrogance. In the grand scheme of things we are mere ants at the mercy of an enviornment that is much bigger than the world we live on.

The best we can hope to acheive at this time is to be prepared to survive in a changing climate.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Or do we go for the global conspiracy angle: they are quite happy to sit bck and watch the masses undergo destruction of their livelihoods, homes, foodcrops, edpidemics, etc., etc., as a result of higher temperatures and violent weather?

This has been debated forever here at ATS.

So we are to trust completely in unproven models that all these bad things will happen?

Right now before our eyes, the Sahara is getting wetter and sustaining more life.

Warmer temps and more liquid water into the ecosystem could mean more rainfall, longer growing seasons and expanded growing areas for crops, are all those bad things? What if the Plains of Siberia and Canada could feed the world's hungry?

People, remember just scant centuries ago Greenland was much warmer and the world didn't end. Stop with the doom and gloom predictions.

Climates and weather change, and they even go in cycles, I know this will shock many here.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

That would make sense. I have also read that the "Great Crossing" may be stimulating, due to gravitational fields exerted by bodies in close proximity, along with other factors, high energy frequency outputs. Tesla confirmed that Earths natural frequency is 7.8hz. Which, since NASA has been recording this has changed to 11.2 hz. Perhaps the great solar event is changing this and this is the reason for the climatic and insect changes?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

We have already exceeded the Earths carry capacity, why make it worse? At what point to we continue to amass people, only to find that their was no solid base to sustain it? The end becomes worse than the initial, unpalatable, solution...

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Dramatic indeed. Not the evidence but the claim it is provoked by ants. All Goor did such a bad job trying to convert the world into a antmade greenhouse church, that news in (t)his direction is completely cut of to be reliable. Everything that follows in the wig of any propaganda, I will discard as such. So there may be global warming but any and I mean any other explanation than antmade global warming I will investigate with more interest. Even a far fetched claim regarding brown dwarfs with four planets in X formation around it, secretly invading sols system to eradicate mankind I find farrrr more likely being the cause of the anomalies seen on earth and beyond.

There are obviously even more logical and more solid scientific based theories out there that are more plausible than the Gorefable that’s being pushed down the throat of the world.

For example this one

Or

this one

And even this one I find more plausible!

When googling you can find even more theories, and every single one bears more truth in it than this outrageous antmade theory.

being Dutch I bet my life on it, staying right here in this ant farm below sea level!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join