It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you join the Illuminati?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutoftheBoxthinker

Or would you join the Illuminati (or whatever that organization is called) and have some fun?

I would possibly join them to become aware of their plans and become financially independent. I don't think I could ever give up my ideals, though.

And yet - power corrupts men. You say this now, but let's say you joined the Illuminati and became powerful - would you still cling to your ideology then?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
You can't join the Illuminati.

You pretty much have to be born into it and dedicate your entire existence to it.

It's not a weekend-warrior-Cheyenne-social-club kind of thing.

The work of the "Illuminati" has grown extremely complex and difficult, but their numbers are dwindling due to attrition and a number of other factors.

Quite simply they exist to save us from ourselves and given our hell-bent obsession with blowing ourselves up, it has become quite a chore.

(I am not sure they get vacation or PTO days either)

EDIT:

PS - This is not to say all "Illuminati" members are intent on protecting humanity. There are certain groups who have chosen to pursue other interests that are less than altruistic by taking advantage of their gifts for personal or other gain.

Clear as mud?

[edit on 8/29/08 by emsed1]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1

This is not to say all "Illuminati" members are intent on protecting humanity. There are certain groups who have chosen to pursue other interests that are less than altruistic by taking advantage of their gifts for personal or other gain.

If you possessed the extraordinary powers, would you want to waste your time to save those who will turn their back at you (humans) - or would you pursue your own personal goals?

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Spooky Fox Mulder]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Spooky Fox Mulder

What if your own personal goals, were in fact the preservation of humanity?

- Maban

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I'd join just to know what they're going to do next, then expose it by telling media outlets about it.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CNRHKick

Two problems; they often themselves are not sure what is going on, and no media outlet would run with the story. Even if you could prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt, powerful people own the news outlets and the story woudl never see the light of day, nor would you.

- Maban

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
hmmmmmmmmm.........
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
You would never be asked to join the illuminati. It's exclusive only to those within their bloodlines or the very, very rare outsider.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LockwithnoKey

I would assume atleast the way I imagine it, the only people who truly know what is going on are the ones at the very top. The rest of the people involved are just pawns moved strategically in place to keep things in order.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maban
What if your own personal goals, were in fact the preservation of humanity?

- Maban

And what if the Illuminati's own personal goals, were in fact the preservation of humanity?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I would never corrupt my soul to the point that I only care about myself. If you think it is fun to kill, rape, torture, and enslave then you are going to go to Hell.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Oh yeah, I'd join them in a heartbeat!

Isn't it about time we got a serious infiltrator in on OUR side for a change? Our side meaning: The side of real justice, the side of truth, the side of good, and the side of returning to the constitution?

Oh yeah, I'd join. And I'd promptly disrupt every single insane, greedy, non-public and self-interest serving plot I could get my grubby hands on in any way I possibly could!

There. I guess they won't be asking me anytime soon.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well, to start with Illuminati is a bad name for the individuals which you are referring to since the name Illuminati implies light and wisdom. This perverted group of people, who would never have an open door policy to the likes of anyone who wasn't old old money, actually come from good stock at some point on their family trees. Our greatest innovators of old who were scorned by the Catholic dynasty being called Heretics and such were forced into hiding and secret meetings and societies. They were people like Da Vinci. These people wanted to spread knowledge (light) to all those who were oppressed in the darkness of false (or incorrect) doctrine [eg. the Church insisted the sun revolved around the earth and imprisoned Galileo for defying that belief.]. So today we have their descendants who have had generations of being bloated with the security of their predecessors wisdom and greatness now seeking only to maintain that lifestyle for themselves indefinately. I'd love to be one to share important wisdom with humanity as the founders of the Illuminati originally proposed (first I'd need to posses it), I would not like to join their offspring in their corrupt endevors though.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join