It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China, Russia sign nuclear deal: official

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
China, Russia sign nuclear deal: official

Fri May 23, 6:54 AM ET

BEIJING (AFP) - China and Russia have signed a one-billion-dollar deal to develop a nuclear energy facility in the Asian nation, a Russian official said Friday.

"We have completed negotiations on construction of a uranium enrichment factory," Sergei Kiriyenko, head of the Russian nuclear agency Rosatom, told reporters in Beijing.

He was speaking during a visit to Beijing by new Russian President Dmitry Medvedev, who is on his first foreign trip since taking office this month.
------------------------------------------

Russia's new president traveled to China on Friday on his first overseas trip since taking office.it seems that this new russian president is very friendly towards china,russian rescue team was the first foreign rescue team arrived in china and russian airplanes carrying aid relief were among first airplanes landed in disaster area,russian medical team set up a huge field hospital there.on chinese bbs there are tons of posts say thank you to russians.now the ties bw the two neigbours are on all time high.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
mutual respect and no big nose into other people's business are the basics to make friends.besides those,to be supportive and try to help when others are in trouble can make people good friends.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I wish the U.S. would build more nuclear power plants, I don't fear this deal...but it bothers me that every country is trying to ween themselves from oil...but all the U.S. does is talk about it...and yet never DOES anything about it. I hate our Congress, people may say "Dubya" is a horrible president, but I would counter in saying our Congress is worse...bottom line, they both suck...aside from a select few (you could count them on two hands) like Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul, etc

new topics

join