It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British legislators approve use of animal-human embryos for research

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

British legislators approve use of animal-human embryos for research

technology.sympatico.msn.ca

LONDON - British legislators voted Monday to approve controversial plans to allow the use of animal-human embryos for research.

The proposed laws, the first major review of embryo science in Britain for almost 20 years, have provoked stormy debate - pitting Prime Minister Gordon Brown and scientists against religious leaders, anti-abortion campaigners and a large number of lawmakers.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Hi all
Found this in my morning news readings.
Anyway really reminded me of the isle of Dr. Moreau type of stuff. Extracting stem cells for research into Parkinsons, etc. is fine by me but I can see this being a real issue in the years to come as some zany scientist(s) decide to let one of these organisms grow to potential and perhaps be considered perfect warriors (human / hyena).....you get the idea.
What do you guys think?

C.

technology.sympatico.msn.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Seems to me that they are playing God, and not very well either. This is an atrocity that should never be allowed.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by luckyfourteen

i am GLAD that this went through
religion shouldnt dictate how one runs a country and esp when it comes to science where it can be used to save lives and cure diseases.

we have religous people complain about this but when it comes down to it what are the chances the very same people that denounce these acts as playing god
would turn down the opertunity to save them selves or a loved one if required using methods that were found out these ways.

also as a muslim i havent got a problem as we have been given the means and know hows on how to do this and how to advance in science and tec.

if god didnt want us doing this we wouldnt have the knowldge to do so

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hey Bodrul,
good point however you may be assuming that we as human scientists have unlocked the DNA strands right down to its foundations of every animal we infuse with our own DNA, which I am skeptical about.
What if a sleeper gene was to fire up six months after a surgical procedure and begin to affect you in bizzare ways. I for one will take my chances with good nutrition and excersize for the time being....

I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around the possible implications of this.

new topics

top topics

join