Catcheing, timing and Survival Retreats/Base (UK)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DARKJEDIG
Hi mate,

I totally agree with your post mate, I just wanted to say that I have also been planning this, everyone thinks im crazy. Ive even scouted out locations here in West Yorkshire, including wooded areas with clearings that are useful for setting up small villages. I am also interested in a survival group.

Keep up the good work,

-Jedi

Hey Jedi check your U2Us

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Bold words from the Raider! :O
But not hasty ones at that

But yes I have to agree. Although the north doesn't usually have the prettiest sights compared with the south.
The north still kicks ass when it comes to survivalism in general

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider
But yes I have to agree. Although the north doesn't usually have the prettiest sights compared with the south.

I concur

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I actually had great difficulty in choosing where to settle with my family as a survivalist, most of my peers chose either the Exeter area or Wales, with one much respected survivalist colleague and author picking Scotland.

Though the SW has slightly milder but wetter weather persuaded a lot of other survivalist to go their because its so picture postcard idylic rural. I almost chose to settle in Taunton, a place I love, but the sad fact remains the south west even now can not even provide its people with water all year round, it has no worthwhile coal, gas or oil, no nuclear energy, and faces the possible inwards migration of millions of refugees from the Home Counties and Birmingham. Even now when the main concern of the people in the SE is immigration it still causes over 250,000 Home county Folks to move to the SW. Yet up here our population is falling, theres a lot more land available, plus easily accessable minerals such as coal are available, huge forests, unlimited clean water, affordable homes, clean air rtc. The colleague who moved to Scotland has now relocated to North Yorks because he experienced far to much anti English racism in the community he was living in. One of the guys from Exter had to move up here because he could only afford a small flat in the west country but got a detached house in a remote village up here for the same money.

Each to their own I greatly respect anyone who has enough brains to get out of the large towns and cities, they are disasters in the making, but I think the west country would be simply overwhelmed in a post apoc scenario.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Hmm, it depends where in the South you are thinking of. In my opinion Southwise, I am in the perfect location already.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Well Wotan. You'll be alright cause you're on an Island, AND crucially the oracle of new-age knowledge himself - David Icke lives there!

[edit on 10-10-2008 by WatchRider]

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Well Wotan. You'll be alright cause you're on an Island, AND crucially the oracle of new-age knowledge himself - David Icke lives there!

[edit on 10-10-2008 by WatchRider]

hahaha ........ Well I can tell you, he would be the first one I would send into exile. I cant stand the man and not many of us Islanders do .... You can have him if you want
At least he would be the point of ridicule in your group for everyone to take the p*** out of
and thus keep up morale.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Hi Guys

I have been reading your posts with interest and would like to talk to any survivalists living on the North Sea coast or islands of the UK regarding a documentary series my company is producing. Please get in touch at jonathans@originalproductionsuk.com

it would be great to hear from you.

cheers

jonathan

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Some good points on this thread guys, as soon as I have hit the magic 20 posts mark I will PM some of you!

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
anybody in wales preping like this would be interested in sorting a group out

all the best
bowdrill

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Hi all
For anyone interested we are based in a rural and remote area of Scotland and have properties that we are looking to sell to people who are looking for a refuge when the SHTF. I guess that it makes sense to have like-minded people around in one place!
Properties can hold either 4 or 6 people and will come with freehold land too.
edit on 18-1-2011 by scottishretreats because: forgot to add this, sorry

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join