It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God's Holy Day Plan (truth about easter, christmas, sunday worship)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Everyone

Could you, please, read through this passage and tell me who the neighbor was? PLEASE read it carefully?

Luke 10:29-37
But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?

30 And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, which stripped him of his raiment, and wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead.

31 And by chance there came down a certain priest that way: and when he saw him, he passed by on the other side.

32 And likewise a Levite, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and passed by on the other side.

33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,

34 And went to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring in oil and wine, and set him on his own beast, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him.

35 And on the morrow when he departed, he took out two pence, and gave them to the host, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.

36 Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that fell among the thieves?

37 And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.

Again, who was the neighbor? The priest, the Levite or the Samaritan?

(Careful with your answer...be VERY careful!)

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Everyone should be treated as your neighbor, which includes your enemies as alluded to in Jesus parable about the Good Samaritan.

Obviously you disagree with my answer so I would prefer you simply and plainly express your view.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
the apostle john says:this is the love of G-D,that we keep His commandments,and His commandments are not burdensome(1john5:3)
and again ;this is love ,that we walk according to His commandments.this is the commandment,just as you have heard from the begining,that you should walk in it(2john7)

you know that He appeared in order to take away sins;and in Him there is no sin(1john3:5)
everyone who practices sin also practices lawlessness;and sin is lawlessness(1john3:4)

Messiah says:do not think that I came to abolish the law or the prophets;I did not come to abolish but to fillfull.for truely I say to you,until heaven and earth pass away,not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the law until all is acomplished.whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments(the sabbath days?leviticus23),and teaches others to do so,shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven;but whoever keeps and teaches them,shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven(matthew5:17-19)

the law/commandments are found in the tanakh/old covenant-------how can anyone show love to G-D or neighbor when they either do not know what those commandments are or if they chose to refuse to keep them in spite of knowing what they are ?

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The Apostolic Church.
Nice concept.
Something to be nostalgic about?
Did it really exist?
Paul complained that some people would say, I am of this person, and another will say, I am of this other person.
It would be impossible to follow some imagined early Christianity because there was no one specific religion or practice.
Conformity comes with a state sponsored religion that uses force to bring it about.
If you want to follow the Bible, look at what Pre-trib man quoted, from Paul.
He recognized that material things pass away, and that includes the planets and stars and moons.
WE need to be spiritually minded and not bogged down by the mundane world.
So, if you want to follow the Bible, you do not accuse and you accept no accusations from others, concerning these things.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

did the apostolic church(of G-D)really exist?
according to my set of schaffs 8 volume history of the christian church--yes.
and according to my copy of the apostolic "fathers" by lightfoot,harmer and holmes---yes.
and according to my copy of ecclesiastical history by eusebius pamphilus------yes.
and according to my copy of the 5 volumn set of the zondervan encyclopedia of the bible------yes.
and it goes on and on-----lots of books-----you can either buy these at christian book distributors or go to the library and ask them to bring them in if your particular library doesn't have these.
the apostolic church of G-D was taken over by apostates who became the embryonic catholic church that joined the roman legions in persecuting and attempting to destroy not only the apostolic church of G-D but also its remnents and its successors by means of the inquisitions--------see my profile page near the bottom for the names given to them by their enemies of the more well known members of the real christian church of G-D that sadly have been persecuted into oblivion or into compliance with rome in hopes of trying to live for another day.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

hello There

wha!!!!????

My wife and i keep the biblical sabbath of Fri-sat sundowns did they change the days? (from their calender perspective i mean)

also where can i find this information?

Agghhh i cant wait until Jesus returns at last we will have the truth in all things.

However saying that, I'm sure you learnt something from the deception itself.

All the best

david

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I am not saying there was no Apostolic Church.
What I mean is that I do not think you can point to one definitive set of rules and doctrines that all the churches followed.
You can find a list in Acts, but it does not mention any keeping of holy days.
If anything, Paul speaks against it, the demanding of keeping any holy days.
If you feel better, thinking you are in compliance with the Old Covenant, go ahead.
I try to do it.
It just does not make you spiritually superior to other Christians that you pay so much attention to the physical world.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by drevill

sorry i am not sure how i could come across ? saying that the sabbath was done away by the apostolic church?--------no-----they kept it------and those that escaped being murdered by the apostates influence on the roman legion beast kept the sabbaths(leviticus23)
my wife and i keep the 7th day sabbath as you say you do also

perhaps the term apostates is confusing?an apostate means 1 that falls away from the truth, contrary to the apostles that did not fall away from the truth.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

from what i have gleaned there were 15 jewish bishops of the apostolic church of G-D in jerusalem that kept the sabbath days of leviticus 23 up until hadrian put jerusalem off limits to all jews under pain of death in 135 ad
when the jewish members of the apostolic church of G-D were driven out the apostates that remained in jerusalem switched totally to sunday worship under their first roman bishop marcus(ecclesiastical history pages 130-132)
i can only tell you what i think from what i read in the books-----it doesn't make me feel superior----i have lots of flaws------ask my wife sometime.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by drevill

i forgot------you wanted a book about the change to sunday from sabbath keeping?-------the book by dr.samuele bacchiocchi,From sabbath to sunday, is very comprehensive---------this man was studying at the vatican to become a priest until he found out what they had done.

matter of fact if you can access the catholic new jerusalem bible----the catholic scholars say that the sabbath was never done away and that G-D set an example which must be followed(page19 notes on genesis2)

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Thanks for the assist yahn goodey. They don't understand that I'm not judging and pretribguy fails to realize that the whole comment about the holydays, sabbath, and new moons were directed to the gentiles who worshipped on different days. Paul was making mention to them that let no other pagan of that time judge them for worshipping the sabbath instead of the sun god worship or the holy days instead of pagan holidays. That passage is taken out of context to prove a point that is lost to you.

As for the holy day plan... it's just a fancy title for the combination of the holy day feasts of leviticus 23.... kind of like "rapture" is a fancy word for "to gather in the sky". The fact that you say... and this is directed to pretribguy, not yahn goodey.... there is no commandment speaking of the holy day feasts is false, for the holy days are yearly sabbaths and the commandments speak of always keeping the sabbath. Weekly sabbath on friday sundown to saturday sundown and yearly sabbaths being the holy days. Some yearly sabbaths are preceeded with week-long feasts which start and end with holy day sabbaths. I'm sure you'll find something else to try and prove me wrong but as long as Jesus said he did not come to get rid of the Law, and the sabbath is on the 10 commandment list... there is nothing you can say to disprove my beliefs. Follow them if you want but no one is forcing or judging you for not. It is simply information, not judgment so please don't put words in my mouth like that. Judging is someone who stands and says that being gay is an abomination and that all gays go to hell, or drinking alcohol is sinful, or rock and roll is sinful. These are the ways of the southern baptists and that was what I was raised as.... do you see the problem I have with them? All protestant and catholic denominations tend to bend the bible and use man-made doctrines to abide by so I think I'll stick with my beliefs with CoG.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I am sure you are right.
If you get specific, and narrow your search to Jerusalem, then you can talk about what they did.
When Paul was in Jerusalem, he went and sacrificed at the Temple.
He did not go out of his way to offend the Jews there.
I have never kept Sunday, but I can see why others do.
I respect their beliefs.
When I was younger, I used to argue with people about the Sabbath, but have never won a convert.
Even people who understand history, and should know better refuse to acknowledge God's Holy Day.
It is a mysterious defiance to God, is all I can figure.
I choose to not (in my own mind) be in open rebellion against God.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

The great Rabbi (I say great because he had a doctor's degree in theology and knew everything about, not just Judaism, but also Christianity) who I studied under, was talking about the "high" holy days.
He said the holiest day of the year is the Sabbath.
The Sabbath supersedes all other holy days, in importance.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Everyone should be treated as your neighbor, which includes your enemies as alluded to in Jesus parable about the Good Samaritan.

Obviously you disagree with my answer so I would prefer you simply and plainly express your view.

You asked that I "simply and plainly express your view".

I apologize. I should have done that rather than make some sort of a "game" out of it. I am sorry that I did that.

I'll be plain:

Not everyone is your neighbor. The Levite and the priest are NOT your neighbor. The weren't (and aren't). We are not obliged to "treat them as neighbors", but we are authorized (by Jesus) to call them "enemies".

You had mentioned in an earlier post:

I certainly fall short.....

While I cannot know exactly what you mean by this, I will offer this to you: Maybe you don't fall short at all!

Jesus did NOT treat everyone "like His neighbor". He had some VERY harsh words for many of the religious scholars of His day.

I suppose I could list several scriptures showing this, but I'll list just one so you can see my point:

Matt 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

"dogs"? "swine"? Do you use these terms to describe your "neighbor"? Jesus used these terms to describe some people.

Did Jesus violate His own commandment?" (rhetorical question).

Of course He didn't.

Jesus never commanded us to treat (love), as neighbor, anyone who wasn't a neighbor, themselves. (Yes, I'm aware of "love your enemies", but they aren't described as "neighbors", they are described as "ENEMIES".)

This is a good topic, but I'm afraid that I may have strayed "off the topic" of the original poster.

FWIW:
The "good Samaritan" is Jesus. And the "certain man" is "the Saints".

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

You can find a list in Acts, but it does not mention any keeping of holy days.

Correct:

Acts 15:22-29 Then pleased it the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas, and Silas, chief men among the brethren:

23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia:

24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,

26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

27 We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth.

28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;

29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well.
Fare ye well.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

thank you for your reply
the rabbi you speak of that says the regular 7th day sabbath is the most important 1--------i am not trying to start an argument but with the regular sabbath---G-D allows for dealing with mini emergencies(the ox in the ditch/circumcision etc.)but when it comes to the day of atonement (leviticus23:27-32)it would appear that anyone who refuses to keep it (verse 30) is suiciding themselves.
i have wondered why G-D would allow such massive suffering as the holocaust----and inquisitions for those supposedly obeying Him----and suspect that the calendar change is part of the answer.

the rabbis have changed the holyday calendar starting 200 ad and finishing in 1000ad--------now only 1 day in 7 years do they actually keep the day of atonement and even less than that pentecost/shavuoth--------if you can/are able please ask your friend if this does not bother him like it does me.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

They don't understand that I'm not judging and pretribguy fails to realize that the whole comment about the holydays, sabbath, and new moons were directed to the gentiles who worshipped on different days.

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

"Let...NO...man". None. Not the Jews, Gentiles or ANYONE.

Who was judging the "meat" and "drink"? The gentiles or the Jews?

Romans 14:4-6 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

(emphasis mine):

but when it comes to the day of atonement (leviticus23:27-32)it would appear that anyone who refuses to keep it (verse 30) is suiciding themselves.

How, exactly, do you see this happening (playing out...) in the world right now?

Clearly, there are (almost) innumerable people violating this command, aren't there? Is it "suiciding" to die at 80+ years old?

I don't get what you are saying.

God said:

Lev 23:30 And whatsoever soul it be that doeth any work in that same day, the same soul will I destroy from among his people.

Wouldn't there be news reports of massive death around the world for people violating this?

I'm not aware of any, are you?

OR....

Is it possible that this commandment was for the Hebrew children and not for anyone else?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Unfortunately he moved away somewhere, years ago, so I can not ask him any questions.
One time I got a book on the passover and did the blessings and ate lamb.
Other than that time, I never felt any compulsion to keep any Jewish holidays.
The only reason I would ever keep the Sabbath is because it is one of the ten commandments.
I was raised to think that Christ freed us from the penalty of the Law, but not from the Law, itself.
The writ against us, meaning the accusations of sin, was nailed to the tree, not the law.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

hello yahn

sorry i thought you said that the Jes changed their calender also, the reason i asked is that they observe friday sundown to saturday sundown and i was concerned that they had changed the day also during the calender change process

thanks

david

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join